New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> War at the Warfield by WhyamIandasshole on Aug 20,2003 10:19am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Aug 20,2003 10:19am
Slayer. What more can you say. A breif review

Pros: Its fuckin Slayer. 19 songs including Dittohead. All the classics. The sound is awesome and they didn't go back and fix jack shit. Good and raw. Bonus shit like the fans section (people from san fran are fucked) interviews with the band plus the Bloodline video.

Cons: Now I know Slayer is basically Iconic at this point but is it really to much to ask to learn your own fuckin solos guys. Come on. Never have I seen 2 guitar players jerk off all over a good solo before like King and Hanneman. There needs to be an intervention.

All in all fuckin A.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Aug 20,2003 10:29am
second that.

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Aug 20,2003 10:34am
i just can't get into NU-SLAYER even with the old songs they just sound gay now!!!
i have a ton of live videos of em from 84 to present day

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Aug 20,2003 11:02am
old slayer's the best, I agree. HELL AWAITS

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Aug 20,2003 11:07am
if anyone goes to the next few b.o.w. shows i'l bring some classic slayer vids for 10$ per tape

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Aug 20,2003 12:14pm
baneofexistence said:
i just can't get into NU-SLAYER even with the old songs they just sound gay now!!!
i have a ton of live videos of em from 84 to present day

Alright someone needs to explain this to me becuase a lot of people say that and I don't get it. I've been going to slayer shows since Seasons and to be honest they don't sound any different to me. They sound just as fast tough and angry as they ever have. Is it becuase they attract dooshbags wearing Marylin Manson T's to the shows, becuase Kerry likes Slipknot, and has the worst tribal tattoo ever?

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Aug 20,2003 12:26pm
ok to me slayer sounds like slayer trying to be nu-metal hence the nu-slayer tag
i have a friend who has the biggest slayer audio collection starting in 1982/3 to present day and he still collects their stuff but is very dissapointed with their present sound and style

i have been a fan of slayer for longer than some of the folks here have been alive and i won't even buy anything they put out now it's garbage

i suppose if i were to take 1 song and get live cuts of it from it first original to present you'd probly hear the differnce better

toggletoggle post by Siberia   at Aug 20,2003 4:42pm
I must say you both bring up very good points. I agree with the nu-Slayer tag to an extent, but I still love them. They aren't nearly as nasty and raw as they used to be but their are some parts of their newer songs capture their intensity quite well. However, the breakdowns are so cheese coated it makes me sick. They are trying hard to "fit in" but they do remain to stay somewhat true to their roots.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 20,2003 4:43pm
most of their new shit does blow, although, there are a lot of their old songs that blow too.

live slayer is a good time either way because they usually only play their good songs.

toggletoggle post by james at Aug 20,2003 5:26pm
saying NU-SLAYER is about as gay as this:

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][1:09:33am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.02452 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]