New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I had a crazy theory as to what's wrong with local shows by SacreligionNLI on Nov 17,2005 3:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 3:48pm
Every place i want to rent says they don't do shows because some assholes had to ruin it for everyone

and every club does 21+ because they want liquor sales...not cover charges

therefore...kids(who everyone thinks will boost it back up) suck and ruin it...because they don't understand how to live

toggletoggle post by BSV at Nov 17,2005 3:50pm
true, but you forgetting simply that metal is a tough "business".

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 3:59pm
that has nothing to do with what i said at all

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:02pm
also, the people who run these halls are morons...like the last guy i just talked to

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:03pm
maybe you just suck at promotion and are lazy?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:04pm
yeah cuz you really have the information to make such an educated judgment such as that one

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:05pm
it's not like i haven't been busting my ass trying to put together as many shows as possible so more people will have places to play...dick

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:05pm
you couldnt even find wathmakers fucking website to contact them...LAZY.

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:06pm
whatever, you know whats wrong? your band huffs fucking dong.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:07pm
it's funny...considering their contact info wasn't even on their website

and by the way my band's the shit...so stop lying

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:10pm
so find their myspace. lazy fag band guy.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:11pm
who the fuck are you anyway? another anonymous douche who doesn't have anything positive to do with his life so he tries to rag on everyone else for doing something with theirs?

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:12pm
nah, i'm not anonymous.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:20pm
please elaborate

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Nov 17,2005 4:20pm
hahahah.

far from it.
you're talking to a dude who plays and has played in some of the best metal bands around!

I understand you're frustrations man. And its true, it is sad that so many shows are 21 plus now and that some places get scared of lawsuits or damages or whatver. thats just the way it is. all that considered though I thinnk our scene is in pretty decent shape compared to some others

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:23pm
well that's a given...i know it's far better than any other local music scene in the world and have known that since i was 12...which is why i get real fuckin annoyed by some asshole who needs to talk shit when all i'm tryin to do is help

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:25pm
SacreligionNLI said:
well that's a given...i know it's far better than any other local music scene in the world and have known that since i was 12...which is why i get real fuckin annoyed by some asshole who needs to talk shit when all i'm tryin to do is help

dude, go whine somewhere else. your post reeks of crybaby shit. like i said, maybe it isn't the "scene", maybe it's the horrible music you create.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:28pm
that was pretty ignorant...you still haven't told me who you are

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Nov 17,2005 4:30pm
no offense but I dnt think getting into an online pissing contest is "helping" anything

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:30pm
what does it matter who i am? this isn't a pissing contest. i'm just ragging on you and your gay band because i am sick of seeing stupid threads like this.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:32pm
because you make bold statements about local music while you're hiding behind a screen name, yet calling me and my band gay

perhaps other people on here know who you are but i certainly don't

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:33pm
all i did was comment on an observation i had made after calling about 10 different places trying to book a show and getting the same bullshit from all of them

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:33pm
my name is michael beckwith. i'm not hiding anything. have a tissue?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 17,2005 4:34pm
Besides, I piss better than alla youse. I'm, like, world class. No contest.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:34pm
ok...i was more interested what band you were in but at least you were honest

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 17,2005 4:34pm
i hate to say it...but the fact that places are 21+ has very little to do with it. Sure it keeps a few kids out...but most kids aren't going to go to a show without nationals on it.

It comes down to promotion, and most of us are not as good at it as we like to think we are. Nowadays it can't be about getting a good draw at local shows anyway, but that's a lesson for later.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:35pm
DestroyYouAlot said:

uhhh practice makes perfect i guess

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:38pm
brian_dc said:
i hate to say it...but the fact that places are 21+ has very little to do with it. Sure it keeps a few kids out...but most kids aren't going to go to a show without nationals on it.

It comes down to promotion, and most of us are not as good at it as we like to think we are. Nowadays it can't be about getting a good draw at local shows anyway, but that's a lesson for later.

i see what you're saying...but i was just saying that there is a lack of all ages places in general...and that it's often the crowd's own fault for getting out of hand and scaring places away from wanting to do concerts

whether it be some drunk assholes breaking shit or some stupid kids trying to drink underage inside the venue

i'd like to think each band does their own fair share of promoting, even though almost all of it is online...but that is probably the most direct way of getting it to everyone, the only other places to promote are music stores and shows

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 17,2005 4:48pm
your crazy theory is really nothing new.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:52pm
well that's terrible news...i felt compelled to share it anyhow

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 4:53pm
looks like you made a lot of progress with your groundbreaking theory. shithead.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 4:54pm
you should really shut your fuckin mouth...or paralyze your hands

either way...there's no need

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 17,2005 4:56pm
wow

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 5:03pm
SacreligionNLI said:
you should really shut your fuckin mouth...or paralyze your hands

either way...there's no need

hahaha

waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nobody loves me and my silly gothenburg massachusetts band...

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:06pm
have you ever even heard or seen us before?

gothenburg massachusetts band? that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard

i also fail to see how sticking up for myself makes me a crybaby

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 5:09pm
yes i have heard it and you guys are just another reason why metal has gone down the toilet in the past ten years. you don't like my description? how about this?

cheese keys widdly melodic false metal?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:14pm
oh no...im not going to be able to impress some pretentious douchebag

i suppose your band is some sort of real metal eh?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 17,2005 5:14pm
if you listened to metal within the past 5 years you would have heard the term gothenburg massachusettes or swedenchusettes or whatever.

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 5:15pm
how about trend metal? i think that fits you guys well.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:19pm
and i suppose norwegiachusetts black metal describes all you guys

all this is going to do is go back an forth

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Nov 17,2005 5:19pm

what about "crapcore"?

ive always loved that term

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:20pm
you could go out on a limb and use borecore if you really wanted to

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 17,2005 5:21pm
i love how anytime someone doesn't like someone's band, they're automatically an elitist. if only everyone was as passionate as mike...

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Nov 17,2005 5:23pm
SacreligionNLI said:
you could go out on a limb and use borecore if you really wanted to

no, no.
i wasnt referring to ninkaszis bands. like i said, hes in some of the best around.

i was refferring to your band, but in truth I havent even heard your band and was just being a dick for no reason

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:24pm
i wasn't talking about his band...but be a dick all you want

and no one ever said anything about elitists...i try to stay far away from that term as possible because the thought of it is even more aggravating than this argument

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Nov 17,2005 5:32pm
hahaha. no hard feelings. i was just kidding around as usual!

aye! fuck elitists. Anyone who thinks they're too cool to mosh or even bang their head at a show is...well...of course they're welcome to come coz the more the merrier, but I jsut dont understand 'em

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 5:32pm
SacreligionNLI said:

and no one ever said anything about elitists...i try to stay far away from that term as possible because the thought of it is even more aggravating than this argument

you're aggravated. mission accomplished.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:32pm
my sentiments exactly

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:33pm
ninkaszi said:
SacreligionNLI said:

yaaay

im aggravated because you're an arrogant, terrible person...nice mission to accomplish

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 17,2005 5:38pm
SacreligionNLI said:
ninkaszi said:
SacreligionNLI said:

yaaay

im aggravated because you're an arrogant, terrible person...nice mission to accomplish

your posts are annoying/dumb and your band sucks. call me arrogant, or a horrible person. it doesn't matter. if you cant take it, stop posting. while your at it, hang up your instruments.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:41pm
ive been taking it the whole time, with the only side effect being some mild aggravation...and we don't plan on hanging up our instruments considering how good we are, come to the sayonara summer fest and we'll be sure to demonstrate for you

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 17,2005 5:52pm
if you are implying that mutual respect; maturity; common sense; and responsibility are what stands between a healthy musical community and an diseased one...

you're right.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:55pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
if you are implying that mutual respect; maturity; common sense; and responsibility are what stands between a healthy musical community and an diseased one...

you're right.

well i sure wish i had thought to say it that way...but yes

i'm sure i as well as everyone else here have contributed to that at one point in time

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 17,2005 5:59pm
did you find out if you guys can play that feb 15 show at umass?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 17,2005 6:42pm
oh! yes, yes we can.

sorry about that.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 17,2005 6:45pm
keep this in mind. you may not like our band, but you are insignificant. so dont listen to us. there are plenty of other people who do, you have 0 impact. i'm not going to waste my time getting aggravated, you are just another nobody in the crowd. you never did disclose your band either. you are a complete waste of time and skin. congratulations.

toggletoggle post by KillerKadoogan   at Nov 17,2005 7:29pm
oh man this is entertaining.

continue...please.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Nov 17,2005 7:51pm
KillerKadoogan said:
oh man this is entertaining.

continue...please.

yeah this has been entertaining me at work all afternoon

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Nov 17,2005 9:54pm
Sac, I see your point and I agree. Not sure why ninkazi is being such a douche, but as he's not logged in there's a good chance it's not him. If it is him, I'd have to frown upon his douchbaggery, since he's usually one of the more intelligent people on the board. (Just ask a few guitar questions, he's sure to post some helpful shit.)

Everyone in this thread, douche-bags included, has made valid points about booking shows. Promotion, available all ages venues, good bands, etc... are all crucial to putting together a good show. Yes, there are less and less venues out there because a few dumb shits ruin it for everyone. This has been happening for a long time. I remember when we closed out the Memorial Hall in Plymouth 10 years ago because a few shitbags decided to tear a payphone off the wall. You'll never see shows there again. This is all too common.

The thing is, Sac, we're all pretty well aware of these problems you've claimed to discover. People are jumping down your throat, I assume, because they're equally as frustrated about the situation. I watched your antagonist Ninkasi play in front of the same crappy 20 kid audience your band and my band also played in front of at club octaine, so he's talking out his ass if he thinks your music is the reason your shows don't draw. It would have to mean our music and his music were to blame as well.

The thing is, now that you've realized a part of the truth regarding local shows, you need to keep brainstorming and think of some new approaches the rest of us haven't thought of yet. The same people who are mocking you now will be begging for a slot on your bills when you figure out how to pack 200 kids into a hall consistently.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Nov 17,2005 10:05pm
Yeti said:
keep this in mind. you may not like our band, but you are insignificant. so dont listen to us. there are plenty of other people who do, you have 0 impact. i'm not going to waste my time getting aggravated, you are just another nobody in the crowd. you never did disclose your band either. you are a complete waste of time and skin. congratulations.

i dont listen to you, dont worry about it. i heard it and never want to hear it again.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Nov 17,2005 10:20pm
Ninkaszi187 said:
Yeti said:

i dont listen to you, dont worry about it. i heard it and never want to hear it again.

Good for you, but why do you have to keep jumping down the kid's throat? He's trying to set up shows, and get things going for a lot of bands around here. You're just being a dick. I don't really like their music either, but I've never had a problem with the kids and I appreciate anyone that isn't Kenny Lanning who tries to book metal shows around here.

Especially if you're going to tell Sacreligion that maybe they'd draw better if their music didn't suck. As I recall, Sac, Pillory, And TYAG played a show together at octaine that drew pretty poorly. I guess that means Pillory sucks too, right? And your own band, you guys blow, right? All the while, we got to play to a few awesome kids that night, which never would have even happened if SACRELIGION hadn't brought that shitty little P.A. for us to play through. Music is taste, thus it's debateable. Good charachter is obvious, and undeniable. So far from what I've seen, they guys from Sac are a good bunch. Up til now, I've always thought the same of you.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Nov 17,2005 10:27pm
"You're just being a dick"

you think? i am just sick of threads like this. i don't fucking care about any scene.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 17,2005 10:31pm
if you don't care about any scene, why do you care about a thread like this on what is essentially a "scene" site?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 17,2005 10:33pm
I think Saccy makes a good point but I also think the clear thing is everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else when we should plant it squarely back on ourselves. Things not going right for you? People shitting on each other? We only have ourselves to blame. I'll be the first to admit it, and I'm gonna think about my role in doing what I preach.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 17,2005 10:36pm
mmm, that's what I was saying earlier, Nick. We'd draw more if we promoted more effectively...if we knew more about how to reach people and get them interested.

let's face it, we all get lazy, and sometimes feel lost.

But Mike is trying, and I can see he's frustrated.

toggletoggle post by pam (smite the righteous) at Nov 17,2005 10:40pm
goddamn mike. such a trouble maker. ;)

bottom line: booking shows is a mostly thankful, shitty fucking job. I tried and stopped. The bands that are ungrateful jerkoffs tend to draw, and the genuinely good people don't draw a fucking soul. It's fucking hard to pull off and I totally adore anyone that can do it and do it well.

especially those who book my band. haha.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 17,2005 10:48pm
I believe you mean thankless, just in case anyone reads that wrong.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Nov 17,2005 10:49pm
Ninkaszi187 said:
"You're just being a dick"

you think? i am just sick of threads like this. i don't fucking care about any scene.

No one cares about a scene when there isn't one. You stick the "scene" in front of them, and they're pointing devil horns while singing along with your songs, all of a sudden they looooooove the scene.

toggletoggle post by pam (smite the righteous) at Nov 17,2005 10:50pm
ooooh yeah I did, thankyou. painkillers. sick. excuse for lousy typing.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Nov 17,2005 11:08pm
SacreligionNLI said:
oh no...im not going to be able to impress some pretentious douchebag

i suppose your band is some sort of real metal eh?

Mike's in the realest metal bands around.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 17,2005 11:37pm
what the fuck, anytime a good thread get's going PETAH PEACEMAKAH comes along and ruins it.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Nov 18,2005 12:23am
BornSoVile said:
what the fuck, anytime a good thread get's going PETAH PEACEMAKAH comes along and ruins it.

hahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 18,2005 12:29am
BornSoVile said:

Damnit Josh, you should have called Pillory a mallcore band. Then we could have watched another fun arguement.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Nov 18,2005 1:00am
seriously man...pillory sounds just like Devildriver (don't click on my profile, you'll see pillory twice in the picture if you look not even hard)

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 18,2005 1:06am
No way you retard, they sound like fucking Fear Factory!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Nov 18,2005 3:30am
Actually, we try to sound like the deftones

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2005 10:42am
i still really dont get what the point of all of this is. so ninkaszi, you have managed to prove you are a douche. you are in the EXACT same position as our band. you are no different whatsoever. but for someone who hates something so much, you seem to think about it an awful lot. so what if you dont like Sacreligion? we dont make our music to appease you. we do what we want, when we want. if people like it, great. if they dont, oh well, life will continue. we all know why this scene sucks, we all know why things are on an almost out of control downward spiral, so what are we going to do to change it? it seems mike is one of the few actually working to make a difference. his integrity as a show organizer has nothing to do with the music he writes. a lot of people like us, but a lot of people dont. is that a reason for us to quit? fuck no, when all these shitty ass people have burned all the bridges they have crossed, and are nothing someday, the perseverance of those who have tried to make a difference will pay off. are you going to help? or are you going to fade away?

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Nov 18,2005 10:48am
Yeti said:
i still really dont get what the point of all of this is. so ninkaszi, you have managed to prove you are a douche. you are in the EXACT same position as our band. you are no different whatsoever. but for someone who hates something so much, you seem to think about it an awful lot. so what if you dont like Sacreligion? we dont make our music to appease you. we do what we want, when we want. if people like it, great. if they dont, oh well, life will continue. we all know why this scene sucks, we all know why things are on an almost out of control downward spiral, so what are we going to do to change it? it seems mike is one of the few actually working to make a difference. his integrity as a show organizer has nothing to do with the music he writes. a lot of people like us, but a lot of people dont. is that a reason for us to quit? fuck no, when all these shitty ass people have burned all the bridges they have crossed, and are nothing someday, the perseverance of those who have tried to make a difference will pay off. are you going to help? or are you going to fade away?

oh shut the fuck up. i am not in the same position as you fags. you guys can do whatever you want. whine on message boards, be lazy, and suck at music. i'm not going anywhere.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Nov 18,2005 10:50am
not to be a dick but is that last line from a movie?

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Nov 18,2005 10:51am
hahah its so pointless to argue with people on this but ...but its so fun to watch

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Nov 18,2005 10:52am
I can guarantee you that Hirudinea is not going to 'fade away' because Mike trashed you in this thread.

His band has one of the most original sounds going right now, in case you wanted your earlier question answered.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2005 11:01am
Joe/NotCommon said:
I can guarantee you that Hirudinea is not going to 'fade away' because Mike trashed you in this thread.

His band has one of the most original sounds going right now, in case you wanted your earlier question answered.

im pretty sure he meant being a dick in general will do that

as i said earlier...this is just going to go back and forth forever...so why continnue?

i say we discuss better ways to work together

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 18,2005 11:02am
that last one was me

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Nov 18,2005 11:03am
I personally don't want to work together with anyone

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Nov 18,2005 11:04am
so don't

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Nov 18,2005 11:06am
Don't worry about it, I won't

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Nov 18,2005 11:10am
We should incorporate a "time out" corner for those unruly hooligans that ruin it for the good guys and gals. Also I was thinking that from now on at shows before we start we should all hold hands and sing koombaya. Maybe say a little prayer. Y'know...for all the children and stuff.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Nov 18,2005 11:16am
Christraper said:
We should incorporate a "time out" corner for those unruly hooligans that ruin it for the good guys and gals. Also I was thinking that from now on at shows before we start we should all hold hands and sing koombaya. Maybe say a little prayer. Y'know...for all the children and stuff.

that's a bit of a gross exaggeration

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Nov 18,2005 11:17am
i dont know i can play a mean koombya on the guitar

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Nov 18,2005 11:23am
peace

toggletoggle post by BSV at Nov 18,2005 11:28am
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAYGAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAYGAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 18,2005 11:31am
I got an idea too.The majority of the local bands suck therefore they dont draw alot of people

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Nov 18,2005 11:33am
This thread is dumb. If metal shows were doing so bad then how come clubs continue to let them happen? The answer: they are doing good.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Nov 18,2005 12:10pm
Yeti said:
we all know why this scene sucks, we all know why things are on an almost out of control downward spiral

What in the fuck are you talking about?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2005 12:49pm
meh. i'll continue on my previous course of apathy. that seems to work better

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 18,2005 1:38pm
the problem with most local shows is the fact that clubs let unqualified people handle their booking who know nothing about music and put the wrong bands together on shows. the only people who book shows on a regular basis that i trust to actually book something good that makes sense are joe notcommon and a couple others. sometimes people in bands get the chance to book good shows, but those opportunities are usually rare. chances are, if joe or a couple other people aren't booking it, and it's not one of those rare occasions that somebody in a local band actually gets booking power, it will probably be a shitty show with no promotion and a bad turnout.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 18,2005 1:45pm
i'll clarify a bit on the last part. promotion shouldn't only be up to clubs/bookers. the bands are ultimately responsible for bringing fans in.

toggletoggle post by Kessaris   at Nov 18,2005 1:51pm
HEY YOUR BAND SUCKS!!!

YOUR VENUE SUCKS!!!!

RABBLE!....

....RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE....

...everyone starts making out...

wow, that was weird. Case in point shows suck because no one cares because we're not anyone famous. Okay!? There I said it. Then you get a few shows where your friends show up and it's like 50 people there and everyone cheers for you and makes you feel good. Those are the good shows. then you do enough shitty shows, get your demo out there enough, someone important hears it and decides to exploit you. You make a lot of money but start putting out sub-par music because people who don't know good from bad want somethign catchy. You do that and make a boatload of money, but lose your original core fanbase thus earning the name sell outs.

So uhhh...shut up. I love you

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Nov 18,2005 1:52pm
DestroyYouAlot said:

Not me. I've been urinating for at least six years now.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 18,2005 1:52pm
hey that was quite a rant there

toggletoggle post by Kessaris   at Nov 18,2005 1:57pm
Good shows = free food/booze/getting gas money/people laughing at how stupid your band is.

Bad shows = no pay/no food/no booze/no one gets you

Good shows = topless women

Bad shows = scene dudes making out with eachother

Good shows = showing the 1992 Royal Rumble on a whole bunch of huge screens

Bad shows = in someone's basement with a bunch of high school kids getting drunk and flipping their shit because there is a breakdown

Good shows = shows that draw a crowd

Bad shows = everytime I've played at Jarrod's

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 28,2005 2:46pm
SacreligionNLI said:

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Nov 28,2005 2:55pm
Kessaris said:
Good shows = free food/booze/getting gas money/people laughing at how stupid your band is.

Bad shows = no pay/no food/no booze/no one gets you

Good shows = topless women

Bad shows = scene dudes making out with eachother

Good shows = showing the 1992 Royal Rumble on a whole bunch of huge screens

Bad shows = in someone's basement with a bunch of high school kids getting drunk and flipping their shit because there is a breakdown

Good shows = shows that draw a crowd

Bad shows = everytime I've played at Jarrod's

i happen to love playing basement shows and why would even bother playing jarrods place

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Nov 28,2005 5:20pm
we play jarrod's place so our keyboardist's friends in attleboro have an easy way of seeing us

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Nov 28,2005 5:37pm
I would mind playing a basement if it was actually worth it. I don't like Jarrod's 'cause it's lame. I play anywhere we can though.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Nov 28,2005 6:01pm
this thread is a riot!!!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Vaulted Abhorrent Discharge
[default homepage] [print][10:35:03am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.03853 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]