Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 10:28am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:30am
hah! no mention of me.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 10:44am
Rock show benefit in Quincy hits sour note
By Jenna Wolf
Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A rock 'n' roll benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims in Quincy has led to a dispute over who should get $96 in proceeds – and the American Red Cross is demanding a formal investigation.

Four bands gathered Friday to rock 'n' raise relief funds at Dee Dee's Lounge. Nathan DeMontigny of Quincy, founder of Cold Stone Productions, organized the event on behalf of the Red Cross.

Patrons paid $6 a head, but after expenses were deducted from the gate, DeMontigny said, only $96 was left for the charity.

He said that money had to go to an Upstate New York band, Malomar, to cover gas for its trip.

\'\'That's all I got at the door. I even gave the band four bucks out of my own pocket,'' DeMontigny said.

But Laura Harrison of the Red Cross, who said she negotiated the deal with DeMontigny, claims he defrauded the agency, whose logo appeared on his concert flyer.

Harrison said she has filed a complaint with her headquarters in Rhode Island.

\'\'I didn't know it was going to be a spin-of-a-coin kind of chance we weren't going to get any money,'' Harrison said of the Quincy show.

1st - I am not from Quincy
2nd- It is Cold Storage Productions
3rd- The event was booked way before Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA so it was never a benefit for the Red Cross from the get go. It was to be the first of a series of shows in Quincy.

When the Hurricane hit I thought about doing something for it. Jim from BOE got in touch and said Laura was interested in setting up a table and would I talk to her. I did speak with her about setting the booth up and possibly getting money from the door after I paid Malamor gas money as they were travelling from western part of update New York. I had not heard of any such dispute till I got a call from the Boston Herald yesterday, obviously they got my number from Laura, which I do not appreciate at all for doing so. Laura if you read this you need to check your facts about the whole situation. I told you a couple times on the phone that 3 of the bands had agreed to give up their cash, if the show made any money. I had kept with my word to Malamor about getting them gas money so they could get back home after the show. I told Laura andything above and beyond what I gave Malamor would go to the Red Cross. Even though the show seemed to do well, with all the band members and people the bands brought in with them I made $96 from the door. Julie from Dee Dee's handed me that money. It was all I got. So, again, Laura check your facts and drop this ridiculous suit.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Sep 21,2005 5:53pm
nate said:
But Laura Harrison of the Red Cross, who said she negotiated the deal with DeMontigny, claims he defrauded the agency, whose logo appeared on his concert flyer.

"I didn't know it was going to be a spin-of-a-coin kind of chance we weren't going to get any money,'' Harrison said of the Quincy show.

I thought charities weren't supposed to be greedy jerks. And I don't think anyone went to this show because it was a benefit, it probably just made a few people happy to know some of their cover was going to help people in need.

This makes me want to buy one of those BoE shirts, and making Mike'll give the money to cancer research.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][11:49:54pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00802 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]