New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Is it just me, or are sports just simply retarded? by Joe/NotCommon on Sep 21,2005 9:22am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 21,2005 9:22am
Wait, don't answer. I already know the truth.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 21,2005 9:59am
Its not just you.

Overpaid darkies playing grabass. I will never understand people's obsession with pro-sports.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:05am
I don't get why dudes want to watch other dudes working out.
seems a bit not-hetero to me.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 21,2005 10:07am
baseball was fun to play up until 8th grade simply because I hit my growth spurt early and could throw like 80mph at 13....then I stopped caring because it didn't matter...and it still doesn't matter...so I still don't care.

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Sep 21,2005 10:12am
I love sports, thats just me. Did anyone play grabass with the bass player from sabbat last night? there was plenty to grab.

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at Sep 21,2005 10:17am
Only sports i enjoy are hockey, and lacrosse.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Sep 21,2005 10:19am

ROLLERBALL!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:27am
I like playing sports... but watching it is in all accounts and definitions, gay.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 21,2005 10:37am
I mean, 50 years ago I can almost understand being a pro-sports fan. You had actual teams with mostly long-standing members that you could become a fan of. Athletic ability is not something I care about but I could see why others appreciate it.
Nowadays though, I just don't get it. Say you're a Patriots fan. What does that even mean? You're a fan of a constantly changing roster of players who only play for the Pats because the Pats gave them the best deal and will only hang around until a better deal comes from another team.
If even the PLAYERS have zero loyalty to their team, I really don't get how a spectator could.
Its like being a fan of a corporate logo.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:41am
nike...
rebook...
adidas...

people love corporate logos.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 21,2005 10:44am
Josh_Martin said:
I mean, 50 years ago I can almost understand being a pro-sports fan. You had actual teams with mostly long-standing members that you could become a fan of. Athletic ability is not something I care about but I could see why others appreciate it.
Nowadays though, I just don't get it. Say you're a Patriots fan. What does that even mean? You're a fan of a constantly changing roster of players who only play for the Pats because the Pats gave them the best deal and will only hang around until a better deal comes from another team.
If even the PLAYERS have zero loyalty to their team, I really don't get how a spectator could.

really good point. I can enjoy watching a game here and there, but I just can't get into it the way I get into music

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 10:54am
Josh_Martin said:

you dont know what your talking about there pal, the pats are actually under the salary cap. long standing players like tedy bruschi and recently troy brown took deals to stay here when teams offered them a lot more. troy was even cut for a month or so and almost went to new orleans before coming to his senses and returning for less $$

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Sep 21,2005 10:54am
you route for the laundry, as they say in the sports world.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 11:02am
the ultimate sports fan
http://www.skortman.com/

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Sep 21,2005 11:22am
WHAT THE FUCK!

toggletoggle post by malettey  at Sep 21,2005 11:40am
the sports themselves aren't retarded, the sports FANS are. i agree with josh martin in that it's like being a fan of a corporate logo; that's what it's all about now, MONEY. sports aren't played for fun anymore, it's all business. and i also think it sucks that people go to jobs they hate, where they bust their ass all day long for a salary that just barely gets them by, and these sports players are out there making millions of dollars to go out and play a kid's ball game.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][4:09:05am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02996 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]