New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> So... ahh.. literacy fest by Jonah nli on Aug 30,2005 10:37am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Jonah nli at Aug 30,2005 10:37am

This was most likely the most insane stress filled weekend of my life. That said, I had a great time, and every single band fucking killed. There were the suprises like Grim Aria and Withered that had never played here before, but plugged in and shredded, and there were the bands we all know and love like Shanghai Valentine and Bread and Roses who won the crowd over as they always do.

Some of you may have noticed microphones sticking out of the ceiling, or at least me running around with a video camera. We recorded audio and video for %90 of the fest and may attempt to put together a DVD sometime in the future, depending mostly on how the quality of everything came out, and how much more time and money I feel like sinking into this. For those that can't wait for the possible dvd, there are AMAZING pictures of the entire fest taken by Reverend Aaron, on www.returntothepit.com.

Dace from Repeat Press (repeatpress.com) made some fucking sick posters, most of which were sold on the first day. There are still a few left which he will be selling on his web site (I assume) and at the next punk rock flea market.

I need to send a HUUUUGE thanks to all my librarian staffers who ran the door, helped with sound, cleaned, grilled and kept an eye out for hooligans. Jeff, Meg, Joseph, Lawrence, Caroline, Andrew, Tommy, Mike, Devin, Nip, Chris and everyone else that showed up early and helped make this happen all fucking rule. Thanks to all the bands that travelled to be here, everyone that brought food for the grills, and the random dude in NH that lent me the launch ramp and rail for skating. Thanks to the Boston PD for not arresting me and leaving the Library one of the only boston diy venues to never have a show shut down.

After all was said and done, the following bands made up literacy fest: Ed Gein Backstabbers Inc. Bread and Roses Unholy Trinity Aganihm The Hound Animosity Heuristic Raising Kubrick Wasteland Grim Aria Youth Liberation Front Infantile Prostitute Today Is The Day Locked in a Vacancy As Long As We're All Living, We're All Dying Disaster Strikes Fruit Salad Terminal Youth Withered The Body Draw Blood Shanghai Valentine BSOM Ape Shit Proteus and Nine Was The Number Of Sea-Huge Monsters That Ive Slain

Please support all of these bands in the future.

Its been a good run! R.I.P. Library...

-Jonah
www.TDBRecords.com
www.BostonDIY.com
www.Aslongaswereallliving.com
www.Backstabbersinc.com

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 30,2005 11:03am
r.i.p.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Aug 30,2005 11:12am
I wasn't able to attend Literacy fest but I had the distinct pleasure of seeing a few shows at the Libary. I'm sad to see it go. The World Downfall/Magrudergrind bill was one of the best shows I've been to. Thank you Johan for all of your hard work and sacrifice.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Aug 30,2005 1:35pm
jonah! Thank you. This fest was amazing!

toggletoggle post by mOe_RK_in jersey at Aug 30,2005 6:30pm
yes, thanks for putting this together!!

Again, i want cd's of Saturday's sets

Holla

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Aug 30,2005 7:03pm
For the time I was there I had a blast

I met a lot of cool people, and saw a lot of good fucking bands.

Thanks dude

toggletoggle post by blue  at Aug 30,2005 8:40pm
this makes 2 of our best shows ever at the library. this whole thing ruled, and jonah rules for doing it.

i want cds a lot of sets as well. gimme gimme.

toggletoggle post by Paulll at Aug 30,2005 9:45pm
it was a good time. Good first show for us (proteus) thanks for letting us be a part of this fest

toggletoggle post by Jonah nli at Sep 1,2005 9:25am
thanks for playing/coming all of you!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 21,2011 6:04am
:( was just thinking how awesome this was.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][7:51:13pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00907 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]