New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Star Wars Episode 3 by malettey on May 19,2005 2:58am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by malettey  at May 19,2005 2:58am
i just got back from seeing it, i thought it was really good. anyone else see it? what did you think?

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at May 19,2005 4:07am
Some of the dialog at the beginning was too cheesy. I also hate Natalie Portman. Other than that, is was pretty damn good, and a good transition at the end.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at May 19,2005 4:09am
I think i saw another thread for it

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at May 19,2005 7:38am
who cares about the cheezy dialog in the beginning, that had nothign to to about dialog, tha twas all about the 3.5+ million dollar 3D animation sequence.

despite a few little things here and there, I definately give it two thumbs up, even after driving home from the Porcupine Tree show and then going to see it

toggletoggle post by malettey  at May 19,2005 9:23am
yeah i think there is another thread for this movie but i was too lazy to look back and find it so i made my own.
i agree that a lot of dialogue in the movie is kinda cheesy, especially that guy who plays anakin skywalker, his lines didn't sound natural....as much as i liked the movie, i think george lucas cares more about being on top of special effects than he does about actual acting
oh well

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at May 19,2005 10:50am

I've never seen a worse/more cliche script or a more pathetic display of acting EVER...and all the silly, funny antics made me want to vomit. I mean I wasn't expecting anything good going in but I was blown away with how bad it was...

The special effects of course were cool but that's about it...

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 19,2005 11:08am
the first 15 minutes of the film blew me away, so much stuff was going on it was great
i must agree though that a few parts were way to cheesy but i thought it was a great movie, two thumbs up, way better than the last two so hurray

toggletoggle post by JayTUS at work at May 19,2005 11:41am
We were going to see it last night but it was sold out everywhere haha, hopefully tonight!!

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 19,2005 2:12pm
I'm going to be an ass and wear my Vader shirt to the movie.

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at May 19,2005 2:14pm
seen it last night it was great!!

toggletoggle post by Paulll at May 19,2005 3:01pm
I liked it, but a lot of the lines were gay.... " I HATTTEEEE YOUUUUUU" worst line ever for darth vader.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 19,2005 3:46pm
75% of the people i work with just left because they bought tix to the 4:30 showing ...gooo matinees!

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at May 19,2005 3:52pm

I was gonna go into the Bellingham theater during the screening last night and pull the fire alarm so everyone would go apeshit... i really shoulda done it...

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 19,2005 5:57pm
I was at the midnight showing last night in Randolph and someone kept pulling the fire alarm. The whole theater had to be evacuated! I must admit though, the movie script was dead on, however the expression was a bit vanilla. Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman do not pull off a convincing performance, they both are dry and come of as scripted characters! Lucas could have done better. In my humble opinion, I feel he disgraced the Star Wars Saga by adding on Episodes I, II and III. For years, everyone just read the books to find out the rest of the story that was not explained to us back in the 70s.

toggletoggle post by Distrust-Kevin at May 19,2005 5:57pm
This one was much better than episode 1 and 2.
Sick special effects.

So, Chewbacca saves Yoda's ass, Mace Windu gets his hand chopped off by Anakin's Lightsaber (I think G. Lucas likes hands getting chopped off)
We don't actually "see" Mace Windu's death however. After losing his hand, he gets thrown out the window and that's it for him.

R2-D2 has some cool fight scenes in the beginning. C3-P0 seems to be in this movie for nostalgic purposes only as he doesn't really do much other than stand around and say a few irrelevant lines here and there.

The wookie planet looks cool, too bad we don't see too much of it.

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at May 19,2005 10:23pm
was it just me, or was there more cut scenes, pans, and all around view-taking-in shots then there was actual dialog....

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 20,2005 12:23pm
OK I saw it.

It was good.

Although it did have some really cheesy parts and lines, like something out of a soap opera and some cliche parts. and I think the whole turning to the dark side thing could have been done better.

and the whole Vader "NNOOOOOOOOOOO" thing should have just been a "RRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG" or something.

But over all it was good. I like the very last scene when luke's uncle and aunt are standing watching the sun set like Luke did in the first movie. THAT was good.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 20,2005 12:24pm
Also, there was nothing about Bobba Fett. Why?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 20,2005 12:43pm
I wanna hear about what happens to Bubba Fart

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 20,2005 12:50pm
My theory is that Bobba is Jengos Un-altered clone and NOT his "son".

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 20,2005 12:50pm
litacore said:
I wanna hear about what happens to Bubba Fart

Blubber fat.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 20,2005 12:56pm

Nbdy sued the Yoda icon yet.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 20,2005 1:07pm
you mean "yet icon Yoda the sued Nbdy"

HAHAHAHA*blortch*

toggletoggle post by moran   at May 20,2005 1:17pm
swamplorddvm said:

Wow, how long did it take you to think that up? Hes not in the movie because there is no need for him to be there.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 20,2005 1:39pm
I want my own wookie!

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 21,2005 1:16pm
moran said:
swamplorddvm said:

Wow, how long did it take you to think that up? Hes not in the movie because there is no need for him to be there.

Not very long at all.

And yes there was no need. But I'm still curious.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 21,2005 9:45pm
Didn't anyone read the books?

toggletoggle post by dug-a-hole at May 21,2005 10:47pm
right from the beginning with the stupid voices and dialogue of the robots I knew the movie was doomed for me. Lucas didn't even have to bring back Jar-Jar; he had the androids and Grievous with that pointless cough. The intro battle scene was a complete overdone blast of CGI sperm. Was it the good actors day off when they cast the roles of Anakin, Padme and Palpatine? Even Ewan McGregor's acting was questionable. Maybe it was the writer's fault. It had it's moments where it did shine but in my opinion it was no better or worse than the previous two installments. It was meh. I had more fun seeing Mindhunters.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at May 23,2005 11:29am
yeah Grievous had a bad case of robot asthma

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at May 23,2005 12:10pm
Oh man this movie is so sick...i saw it opening night in Lawrence at 12am! All this talk about dialog is kind of stupid because its 2005...if you watch the old ones, a lot of the dialog sounds pretty stupid as well. Also, you can even say some of the acting was cheesy in the old ones and bla bla bla.

The first 2 were complete rubbish but this one was just pure hot fire. Its awesome that this story was able to make audiences almost cheer for the bad guy (vader), a story line rarely seen in hollywood. I'm gonna go get some weed and see it again.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at May 23,2005 12:11pm
I thought it was an embarassing piece of crap. Lucas should have stepped down and let someone else direct I, II, and III. AND he shouldve let the editors have a whack at it. The acting was just as painful as the last two, the script sucked yoda balls and the fight scenes seemed like theyd never fucking end. Im glad that I finally know how Darth Vader came to be but jesus chirst did that movie suck! Everyone sucked. There are several actors in I II and III that I like alot but they all looked like retards under Lucas' direction. I hate George Lucas. I hope his head explodes.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 23,2005 12:14pm

toggletoggle post by Christraper at May 23,2005 1:11pm
Exactly. If we can throw Lucas' stupid haircut on that guy itd be perfect.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 25,2005 10:29am
saw it yesterday. Definitely better than Eps. I & II but I was very aware that I was scowling through most of it. Like the other gay installments, I checked my watch twice during the movie.

ya see, I saw the first one in '77 when I was six and it's hard not to view these ones out of the shadow of the first three films. Nevertheless, I thought the final duel between Anakin and Kenobi was pretty badass.

I was also interested in seeing how Palpatine's face got all fucked up during his face-off with Mace Windu.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 25,2005 10:42am
definately answered alot of questions about the storyline.

toggletoggle post by soloman   at May 25,2005 11:47am
Dialogue is a huge problem. I can deal with cheese, but I cringed at many of the lines. But the 2 main problems:

1. I never believe anakin and padme are in love.
2. Anakin turns to the dark side way too quick. Suddenly he's killing children? The transition makes no sense.

There were some badass scenes. But overall, the movie was meh. And I actually liked epsiode 2 the best of these last three.

toggletoggle post by Pillorydan   at May 25,2005 12:21pm edited May 25,2005 12:40pm
All I know is that they should have put Padme in a bikini and tied her ass up like they did to Princess Leia....

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 25,2005 12:24pm
needed sex scenes!

toggletoggle post by Pillorydan   at May 25,2005 12:28pm edited May 25,2005 12:30pm
YODA Sex scene

toggletoggle post by soloman   at May 25,2005 12:30pm
lightsaber sex

toggletoggle post by Distrust-Kevin at May 25,2005 1:01pm edited May 25,2005 1:01pm
soloman said:

2. Anakin turns to the dark side way too quick. Suddenly he's killing children? The transition makes no sense.

"Quick and easy is the path to the dark side."

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at May 25,2005 2:34pm
Distrust-Kevin said:
soloman said:

"Quick and easy is the path to the dark side."

Oh snap!

I watched episode 4 afew days ago. The're something that don't fit perfectly. But it's cool, I still love Star wars.

toggletoggle post by soloman   at May 25,2005 4:20pm edited May 25,2005 4:21pm
Yoda meant choosing quick and easy is the path to the dark side. Anakin wanted to be powerful quickly... rather than be patient like the Jedi advised. Anakin wanted to cheat death rather than deal with the death of a loved one cuz it's easier. Anakin saw dictatorship as a quicker and easier way to end the war. Rather than choosing to be patient and dealing with hardship, Anakin always chose quick and easy, which lead him to the darkside.

such a nerd i am.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at May 25,2005 4:36pm
I thought it was terrible...along with the othr two...darth vader screaming nnoooooo at the end had me in stiches

toggletoggle post by multipass   at May 25,2005 11:20pm
Well, c'mon man.. his wife just died. At that point he wasn't completely fucked like in the original 3 movies. It takes more than one movie for him to become completely changed by the dark side. Even on the volcanic planet... he was completely tapped as far as views about ruling the galaxy and such... that much I will admit definately changed. But his love was still there. I can only guess it takes a long ass time to forget about you're wife who was pregnant with your kids dying. But hey, that's me.

I thought it was siiiick when everything around him started crushing because he ws so pissed.

That's some badass shit man.

toggletoggle post by dan. at May 26,2005 11:12am
this was so fucking good, im going back to see it again tonight.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at May 26,2005 11:22am
I went to the premier showing in Randolph last Wed. night. They showed the movie in Analog. I have been told there are scene differences from the Analog cut and the Digital cut of the film. Has anyone seen both and can attest to this?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 26,2005 12:11pm
Palpatine is such a bastard. Not only was he whining like a puss-puss as Mace Windu was besting him, but he constantly fucks Vader over. Especially at the end of 'Jedi' he just wants Luke to replace him like fresh meat.

toggletoggle post by dan. at May 26,2005 12:16pm
palpatine is a pedo

toggletoggle post by multipass   at May 26,2005 12:19pm
yeah but the same thing happens when dooku and anakin fight in episode 3. he tells anakin to kill his own apprentice. it's not that he wants to fuck vader over at the end of return of the jedi, he just wants a younger, stronger apprentice.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 26,2005 12:30pm
good point.

I didn't know the dark side was just a temp agency, I say fuck that noise

toggletoggle post by dan. at May 26,2005 12:39pm
sooo is there gonna be a 7 8 9..?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 26,2005 12:42pm
nope. Miniseries on TV if anything

toggletoggle post by dan. at May 26,2005 12:43pm
i read about a prequal prequal which would be 88 years before anakin was born and about yoda

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 26,2005 12:47pm
I'd watch that

especially if it's as good as "Ewoks"

(. . . )

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 2,2005 1:32pm

Don't know which is funnier, this or this?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 5,2005 10:56pm
OMG!!! AWESOME!!!
that was so good. they should have cut out the whole thing about anakin and padamay. that stuff both sucked and dragged. also, anakin sort of turned to quickly.
I also think that there were a lot of times that I winced cuase of the sound of something... like samuel l jackson getting his arm cut off... or yoda hitting one of the congress seats.

Carina saw the other movies a LONG time ago. so she didn't understand some of the story. we came home and watched a new hope. I'm sure we'll watch empire strike back and return of the jedi this week at some point.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][8:27:23pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.05124 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]