New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> selling someone else's gear. by niccolai on Apr 19,2005 10:29am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 19,2005 10:29am
Alright, this friend of mine, I don't really talk to anymore left a guitar at my house about a year ago, I've been bugging him to pick it up for months and I told him I was going to get rid of it if he didn't come get it, and he said he was going to grab it a couple days ago. He never did.

It's a cheap epiphone les paul jr and I was thinking I'd just trade it in for a couple packs of bass strings. Is this wrong?
I mean, if someone leaves something at your house and doesn't come back for about 7 years (to take it to an extreem) can they really expect it back fair and square?

Am I wrong for getting rid of it even though he wouldn't come get it for months?

To take it to an extreem, If I left a pack of gum at someone's house and they called me multiple times to come pick it up and I never did, could I just show up a year later and expect that they still have it?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 19,2005 10:44am

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 19,2005 10:46am
What ended up happening, Josh, did he get it, did you sell it? If you did sell it, was there a big deal about it?

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 19,2005 10:51am
he ended up getting it back a few months later. he had a sob story about missing work and bills and having a broken car and needing a truck to come get it.

It would be hard for me to sell it on the person unless is did not like them or knew they where gone for a long ass time.

I have had a few friends who had drumsets and cabs sold on them, all they did was whine about it and hold a retarded grudge that was never resolved.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 19,2005 10:57am
Fifty bucks for this guitar is looking pretty good though.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 19,2005 11:01am
for fifty bucks i would not worry about it.

i had a peavy xxl cab and head here along with a custom made reverend guitar for over 18 months not used. it all retails for about $2500 total and i would have sold it for a thousand........now that would have been a big deal.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 19,2005 11:07am
If anyone left that at my house I wouldn't be able to last 18 months.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][5:22:38pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01562 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]