New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ATTN: REV, question about the radio station by mike......... on Jan 27,2005 12:56am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by mike......... at Jan 27,2005 12:56am
at UNH do you guys have to play a certain amount of songs off of a top 20 list or adds or anything? or do dj's have full control over what they play? im starting my radio show on friday and we have to play 8 songs in a 2 hour show from a top 30 list and 5 adds. its really lame and totally defeats the purpose of college radio, in my opinion.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 27,2005 7:00am
all stations have guidelines and are given music they have to play..but Aaron being mr metal plays what he wants =)

i know you asked him but he just left for work and i'm still lazying around..but he'll see and expand i'm sure...

toggletoggle post by mike......... at Jan 27,2005 7:29am
thanks, im just wondering because the policy we have is really shitty.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 27,2005 7:47am
specialty shows have no restrictions.
general programming has a 60% new restriction, meaning that 60% of your show has to be out of the releases that have come out in the passed 8 weeks.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 27,2005 7:50am
oh and the cds/lps from the passed 8 weeks ~= 200

we also do a top 50, http://www.wunh.org
a station that has a policy like yours sounds like they "make up" the top 35 from what the radio industry wants and not from actual spins. I would find out how they calculate it.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 27,2005 8:06am
but aaron what about the cd;s you are told that you HAVE to play? the ones you don't play...you've told me those things....explain..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 27,2005 8:11am
they don't tell me that anymore... unless it's an over zealous newbie at an industry job. if they tell me that I have to play something or they wont service WUNH, I tell them that we wont play anything from their label anymore. that usually changes their tune.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][1:49:30pm Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00909 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]