New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> history of the swastika by succubus on Jan 21,2005 8:30am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2005 8:30am
i guess it was a hindu symbol first..and i positive thing

since prince "charming" (sarcasm) wore that outfit, i guess he pissed people off and now they want to ban anything to do with the swastika..however, it was a hindu symbol first

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 21,2005 8:32am
i was listening to NPR on my ride home last night..twas interesting
http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.htm

toggletoggle post by dirtycrayon at Jan 21,2005 8:39am
theres a girl on my campus who is from tanzania and she has a necklace that has a swastika on it. she gets so much shit for wearing but she refuses to take it off. but she has balls to wear a necklace like that in a predominatly jewish area.

from what she told me the necklace has been in her family and has been passed down and what not.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 21,2005 8:41am
native americans used a "backwards" one for some symbol of life/the sun

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 21,2005 8:51am
the_reverend said:

no we didn't.

in your dreams.

toggletoggle post by VengefulandGodless  at Jan 21,2005 10:47am
you ever notice one of the levels in the first Zelda is a shaped like a Swastika.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 21,2005 10:50am
The swastika goes both ways. When its pointing counter clockwise its the "sun wheel" representing life and fertility. When its pointing clockwise (the version the nazis butchered) its a symbol of absolute power. Each arch represents the hammer of Thor. And yes the native americans used the counterclockwise version too. So there. Swastikas are cool.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Jan 21,2005 11:10am
it was a rune symbol for the vikings

toggletoggle post by dalethepuke at Jan 21,2005 11:34am
i think tom used to wear swastikas when he went to his "meetings" at night. It was reallly strange, he was always dressed up in this odd looking white sheet costume, never could fiqure it out.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 21,2005 12:19pm
Tom? A closed minded nazi? Never!

toggletoggle post by dunwichnli at Jan 22,2005 10:32am
The swastika as a sunwheel is almost a universal symbol. The Japanese used to use it too (prior to WWII) in addition to the Norse, Native Americans, Hindus, Aztecs, etc.

toggletoggle post by MASlayer at Jan 22,2005 12:44pm
I think it's funny that white supremists use a symbol based in a religion they would like to wipe out if they had their way...

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 22,2005 1:09pm
There's a building in Medford, Ma built around 1900 that uses Swastikas as its main decorative flair, and they point clockwise. I think they're trying to imply that the sub shop and thai place in the building will crush all of my other dining choices.

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Jan 22,2005 2:08pm
dunwichnli said:
The swastika as a sunwheel is almost a universal symbol.

Indeed... It's a shame that a symbol can gain such automatic negative stigma for one perverted use of it, when it has had uses in virtually every culture of the world. The cross or sickle and hammer stand as much for genocide as does the swastika, yet there is no negative stigma attached to those symbols - political "correctness" is very corky.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 22,2005 2:25pm
yep yep.

my favorite ironic swastika use is in the Great Gatsby; Wolfsheim (I think that's his name) is Jewish, and works for (owns? I haven't read it in years) the "Swastika Trading Company" or something.

toggletoggle post by reuben  at Jan 22,2005 2:59pm
saw an article in Juxtapoz magazine a couple years ago about the swazy, apparently it was a very popular symbol in American advertising up until ww2, they had pictures of old coke ads and nabisco ads and kids toys with that shit all over 'em, aswell as native american blankeys and an old picture of an all girl ice hockey team from the US with big swazys knit into the front of thier sweaters, pretty funny shit

toggletoggle post by androgynous at Jan 22,2005 4:55pm
everyone uses the sawstika I like to use it as mundalfari and as the celtic protectyion cross

I mean my stricly catholic aunt has one above her door i think nothing is wrong with that do you?

my take is it is a double standard, the nazis used the iron cross too if not more than the swastika, how many people died with from some army with the cross on thier arms or sheilds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

that will bassically tll you more than i can type

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 22,2005 4:56pm edited Jan 22,2005 4:58pm
damnose said:
yep yep.

my favorite ironic swastika use is in the Great Gatsby; Wolfsheim (I think that's his name) is Jewish, and works for (owns? I haven't read it in years) the "Swastika Trading Company" or something.

When I had to read that book in 10th grade a bunch of faggot kids in my class started calling F. Scott Fitzgerald a racist because of that company. In response our teacher did a fucking waste of time unit on anti-semitism and I had to read Night for the 3rd time in three years. Fuck Night and fuck Elie Wiesel.

toggletoggle post by dread_104  at Jan 22,2005 6:21pm
the_reverend said:

I use a "forwards" one for a symbol of jew hating.

toggletoggle post by dread_104  at Jan 22,2005 6:23pm
damnose said:
yep yep.

my mother named me Scott after F. Scott Fitzgerald. She loves Gatsby

toggletoggle post by mikehuntstinks at Jan 22,2005 11:36pm
I wear my swastika to show my love for mankind! see everyone hilter was a senceitive man

toggletoggle post by SINOFANGELS-RAY  at Jan 22,2005 11:46pm
Who said Manson Didn't know what he was doing when getting that Tatoo, go figure ..

toggletoggle post by my_pretentious_erection   at Jan 22,2005 11:51pm
sometime within the next few months i'm getting a tattoo of a lotus flower on each wrist and i don't know if i'm going to include a swastika inside each one or not. it's me really wanting to include them vs everyone being gay about swastikas

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Jan 23,2005 12:57am
BobNOMAAMRooney said:

When I had to read that book in 10th grade a bunch of faggot kids in my class started calling F. Scott Fitzgerald a racist because of that company. In response our teacher did a fucking waste of time unit on anti-semitism and I had to read Night for the 3rd time in three years. Fuck Night and fuck Elie Wiesel.

oh man, Elie Wiesel. I go to BU, so I can't escape him. He gets paid far too much to appear on their professor emeritus list and give two or three lectures per year, while I'll probably be paying back my loans until I'm 40.

Surviving genocide + publicity whoring = profit. Anyone want to try to kill off every Irish-Italian-American, so I can write a book about my experience and make millions?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 23,2005 1:36am edited Jan 23,2005 1:37am
damnose said:

oh man, Elie Wiesel. I go to BU, so I can't escape him. He gets paid far too much to appear on their professor emeritus list and give two or three lectures per year, while I'll probably be paying back my loans until I'm 40.

Surviving genocide + publicity whoring = profit. Anyone want to try to kill off every Irish-Italian-American, so I can write a book about my experience and make millions?

What really fucking pissed me off about that fucker was around the time the second Intifadah began and he went on CNN in support of the construction of a cement wall around the West Bank and advocated rounding up the Palestinians and either deporting them or putting them in prison camps. The only thing the piece of shit learned from history is that it can be used to as a blank-check of guilt.

Plus there's some debate if he was even in a camp during the second world war. Prior to publishing Night he claimed to have been liberated from Dachau, after the book came out his story had him being liberated from Aucshwitz or Buchenwald.

toggletoggle post by androgynous at Jan 23,2005 8:58am
save_swastikas

lj community much general info there

toggletoggle post by blow‘n chunks on cunts at Jan 24,2005 12:52am
i like swaztikas more than i have ever liked any jew..we should have a holocaust revival and kill a few million more of those hook nosed greedy jew pigs..hitler was right..every jew should fuckin die

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 26,2005 11:17am
i like that book "night"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Incestuous Anachronistic Regurgitation
[default homepage] [print][1:54:47am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03939 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]