New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Where is there an arcade that doesn't suck? by eddie on Jan 20,2005 10:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jan 20,2005 10:20pm
I just got an urge to play that simpsons game or that old x-men game.

Only problem is i have no idea where arcades are hidden in Mass.
(except the dream machine)

so anybody know some?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 20,2005 10:23pm
Salem Willows owns all other arcades

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 20,2005 10:24pm
I'm sure you don't feel like driving up to New Hampsher, but about 20 minutes out of Franconia thereas an arcade called game tower and there are four floors. Theres always the dreammachine in weymouth.. I'm pretty sure they have xmen vs capcom still and I know they have A simpsons game.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jan 20,2005 10:27pm
i was talking about the one in walpole.

hmm weymouth duly noted

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 20,2005 10:30pm
The dream machine in hull has older games like xmen and simpsons.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 20,2005 10:30pm edited Jan 20,2005 10:31pm
Every gamer on RTTP should make the trip up to Fun Spot at Weirs Beach. The top floor has the largest collection of vintage arcade games in the world. A few months ago I almost got my girlfriend to go with me before she realized that we were going to play Star Wars:The Arcade Game and yelled at me for being a faggot.

The Games List

They have ARCH RIVALS

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jan 20,2005 10:39pm
that list kicks ass

i don't think i've ever seen 1943 in arcade form.

i think i'd kill somebody if i found an arcade version of contra or even super C

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Jan 20,2005 11:12pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said:
Every gamer on RTTP should make the trip up to Fun Spot at Weirs Beach. The top floor has the largest collection of vintage arcade games in the world. A few months ago I almost got my girlfriend to go with me before she realized that we were going to play Star Wars:The Arcade Game and yelled at me for being a faggot.

The Games List

They have ARCH RIVALS

fun spot fuckin rules

toggletoggle post by grindwhore666   at Jan 20,2005 11:24pm
i remember i finally found the simpsons game while in the west edmonton mall and then the joystick was broke so it was usless and it was my only quarter and i needed that money for food cause we were on tour haha

but the best arcades have guns and roses pinball!

toggletoggle post by norwellbob  at Jan 20,2005 11:25pm
The arcade at Hanover mall had X-men...

Haven't seen a Simpsons in a while.

I *used* to have an Arch Rivals... kinda miss it now. :^\

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 20,2005 11:35pm
i like dave and busters in providence, actually ill be there saturday night... theres nothing like a video arcade and bar rolled into one

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jan 21,2005 12:11am
FUNSPOT in weirs beach, nh.

that place is beyond the shit. 3 floors of games, candlepin bowling, and a bar. the top floor is all old games from the 80s.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jan 21,2005 2:49am
goodtimes in somerville has the simpsons game AND its open til 1 am

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Jan 21,2005 10:41pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said:

The Games List

They have ARCH RIVALS

Hell yeah dude. I ownt a place about 15 minutes down the street from that place. I love that arcade it's walking into heaven. So amazing.

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Jan 21,2005 10:51pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said:
Every gamer on RTTP should make the trip up to Fun Spot at Weirs Beach

Fun spot is awesome I always end up there bike week, and at least 1 or 2 times a month

toggletoggle post by DIIIIIIIIICK at Jan 22,2005 2:40am
goodtimes sucks because they got rid of their mortal kombat II machines.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 22,2005 3:51am
Someone needs to do a ton of shows at Weirs over the summer just so we can have an RTTP tailgate party at Funspot.

toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Jan 22,2005 8:59am
BobNOMAAMRooney said:
I was just about to say funspot in weirs.. they have way more games than on that list plus a half floor of pinball machines

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 9,2007 12:07pm
Joe's Playland in Sailsbury Beach has some classic games.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at May 9,2007 12:15pm
funspot is awesome if you're into old school arcade games...their selection of new games was kinda weak last time i went though

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at May 9,2007 12:18pm
blue said:
FUNSPOT in weirs beach, nh.

that place is beyond the shit. 3 floors of games, candlepin bowling, and a bar. the top floor is all old games from the 80s.

I can vouche for that. Everytime I head up to Laconia I ALWAYS go out of my way to hit up FUNSPOT. Place must make a fortune. I think it's one of the only arcades in the world that can still hold it's ground today. Hell the guy who made the perfect score in pac-man achieved that goal there. Look at the wall of achievements sometime, it's pretty awesome.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 9,2007 12:20pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 9,2007 12:26pm
i know i drove by funspot one time not sure if i went in it.

i enjoy going to good times

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at May 9,2007 12:38pm
arcades are the business offices of pederasts

toggletoggle post by Mike Giallo NLI at May 9,2007 12:38pm
I can't wait til June when me and a couple of friends go up to NH for the weekend and spend all our money on ice cream and Fun Spot.

toggletoggle post by Mess at May 9,2007 12:40pm
the dream machine in hull was great when i was younger.
there's a place in weymouthrock also that isn't bad.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 9,2007 1:20pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said:

no... it doesnt. tokyo game action is Winchendon is the best... well... for hardcore fighter/rhythm game fans... 25 bucks UNLIMITED games. there is also a bowling alley there. www.tokyogameaction.com

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at May 9,2007 1:31pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said:

Salem Willows is pretty horrible for just about everything except skeeball, even though they have the old Simpsons game. They've gotten rid of many of their older games over the years. Salisbury beach and Hampton beach are the best for old school 2D games like Golden Axe and Metal Slug. The place at Weirs beach is excellent also -- floors of games that were all made before 1992.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 9,2007 1:46pm
p.s... i was at the Willows arcade yesterday. i whooped some spic's ass at initial D so bad his buddies and no one else wanted to race me again :(

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 9,2007 3:28pm
Niccolai said:
The dream machine in hull has older games like xmen and simpsons.

is this place still open? i used to work for Dream Machine, i helped deliver and transfer the games from store to store. when i left in like 01 they were going under. the hottest fucking girl worked at the one in Hull.

toggletoggle post by kylenli at May 9,2007 6:33pm
FUUUNNNSPOTTTT

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at May 9,2007 9:51pm
in the 1980s

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 9,2007 9:54pm
goatcatalyst said:
arcades are the business offices of pederasts

one time when i was at goodtimes about five years ago now i witnessed a prostitute giving a guy a lap dance then start to go under right before i got up in left that was truly messed up and it was right when you walk in near the batting cages.

toggletoggle post by the_revealer at May 9,2007 10:12pm
Jillian's near Fenway Park is really cool. 250 arcade games and they serve alcohol.

http://www.jilliansboston.com

toggletoggle post by Dankill at May 9,2007 11:28pm
Fun and Games in Framingham

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][5:21:21am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01744 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]