New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition/Brodequin/Anoxia/Hirudinea June 14 RI by Ninkaszi187 on Jun 5,2003 7:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 5,2003 7:40pm
June 14, all ages
AS220 115 Empire Street, Providence RI. 8pm/$8.

Who is going? You won't get a chance any time soon to see SCD after this.

toggletoggle post by exhumed4death  at Jun 5,2003 8:22pm
fucking fuck, someone come get me in kennebunkport

toggletoggle post by jesus  at Jun 5,2003 8:25pm
i'll be there.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 5,2003 11:17pm
Cool man. Say hell-o. I look likes this and play in Hirudinea cult. I can't wait for this show.

http://www.pics.returntothepit.com/media.php?id=27118

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Jun 6,2003 1:33am
Hell yeah we will be there, hey dude is there any way STE can play we are showing up with all our shit anyways because we are playing a show then heading up to RI for this shit. If not the show is still gonna be fucking brutal

toggletoggle post by joostin at Jun 6,2003 2:23am
that would be most excellent if Shading The End were to open this show

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 6,2003 2:59am
You'd have to talk to Anne from Armageddon Day man.

toggletoggle post by deodiummortis  at Jun 6,2003 3:25am edited Jun 6,2003 3:29am
All I have to say is FUCK. Abigor broke up. Fuck.

edit: oh yeah, I'll most likely be there too. Anoxia are too entertaining, I've heard good things about SCD, and I've got a show to help promote. Even play is work, wooh.
Abigor. Fuck. says it all.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 6,2003 5:28am
I wasn't crazy about the last Abigor album, but overall they were a solid band that never went gay. "opus IV" was my favorite.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2003 9:55am
I'm there. SCD got mixed reviews from the death fest, but I can't fucking wait!

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Jun 6,2003 11:50am
SCD kills, my singer said they were one of the best at the deathfest

toggletoggle post by xericx   at Jun 6,2003 5:23pm
i'll be there! haven't seen anoxia in like 3 or 4 years, should be a fun time, i wonder how AS220 will look after that show...i wonder if they will have nay more shows like that after the 14th....hmm. sounds a little too brutal for the artsy fartsy AS220 venue

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 9,2003 7:47pm
Yeah I went to a noise show there once and it was pretty artsy. We will see this weekend. Can't wait.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2003 8:18pm
I've been listening to vomit vocals all day waiting for this show.

toggletoggle post by metalchild at Jun 9,2003 9:17pm
right here, poster child for metal

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 13,2003 6:26pm
Show is tomorow.

toggletoggle post by deodiummortis  at Jun 14,2003 12:04am
Is Hir/Anox/Brod/SCD the order for the night?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 14,2003 2:05am
rustedangel, succubus, and I will be there.
can't wait.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 14,2003 1:36pm
"Is Hir/Anox/Brod/SCD the order for the night?"

Yes it is. See you guys there.

toggletoggle post by pshr at Jun 14,2003 2:07pm
"Is Hir/Anox/Brod/SCD the order for the night?"

Yes it is. "

Which is stupid seeing as Anoxia are godawful and haven't released anything in years. Hirudinea kill Anoxia.
fuck boring cheeseball death metal

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jun 14,2003 4:45pm
Anoxia just came out with a new album. Get your sources straight.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Jun 15,2003 2:26am
holy shit, the french come out with some bwootal bands.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Jun 15,2003 2:27am
Just got back from the show it was so fucking amazing ! I missed hirudena sorry guys, Anoxia really surprised me. The new shit is actually really good. SCD totally tore the fucking place up. THey played all my favorites a ton of shit from the split with rot and their first full length. So fucking amazing. Best show ive been to in years. Sucks that brodequin didnt show though, I was looking foreward to seeing them But millons more songs from SCD made up for it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 15,2003 2:39am
I judt got back.
working on the pictures now.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 15,2003 2:41am
On doit tous remercier Anne pour organizer ce soir

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 15,2003 3:18am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2003-06-14&did=1398
pictures are there even though I'm beer covered.

who ever at that club picked out lawnmower deth and john zorn to play should get a metal. The venue rocks. I hope I can get down to a show there again.

hirudinea: I really liked these guys set. It's sort of a mix of black metal and yelling. They played a few tracks and then it broke down into strung-out noise and high pitched feed back. Also, the drummer are wicked good too. At one point, devon (tyag) gurggled into the mic. it was funny cause by that point the mic was on the floor out in the crowd and there was a broken guitar up on stage.

anoxia: sort of remind me of goratory, sort of. one of the guitar players made crazy faces too. For some reason, I didn't think I was going to like there set, but then they played and i was impressed. the music was played a lot better than at jarods (oct 12 2002), but I think they moved around a lot more at jarrods. then again, the stage was 2' at as220.

sublime cadaveric decomposition: they asked for a lot of pictures for some magazine in europe. i'd never seen nor heard these guy, but it was so good. they came out and assaulted the crowd with a million tracks. all of them short. I heard the crowd response wasn't so good at maryland death fest, but it was great here. SALOPPE!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 15,2003 3:26am edited Jun 15,2003 3:29am
just got back, was a good show. kind of pissed that brodequin didn't show. fucking fags.

Hirudinea: Started off decent, first thing I noticed was the shitty guitar sound. Especially coming from the guy with the pos crate combo amp. Other than that they do what they do pretty well. Their singer jumped on me at one point which was awesome. He ended up knocking over the 2nd guitarist's mic stand onto the floor. I convinced devon (tyag) to pick up the mic and do some gurgle's and he did. I should have got pictures of him doing it.

Anoxia: these guys were really tight. the guitar played was all over the place on the fretboard, only playing one mini-solo in a song. He also made the funniest facial expressions for every riff he played. i think they lack a 2nd guitar player though. Gibson guitars suck for death metal. get a jackson. heh

Brodequin: thanks for showing up, assholes.

Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition: Their vocalist is the happiest fucking crazy guy I've ever seen. Giving everyone high fives and handshakes in between songs even if you weren't reaching to him. It was cool to see that these guys from france really appreciating the scene in america, maybe it sucks in france? They played a ton of songs. A l ot of them sound really similar. Course, I don't know their material too well but usually certain songs will stand out more than others and such. Awesome shit though.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 15,2003 3:50am edited Jun 15,2003 4:11am
By the power of Greyskull, all hail the He-Man tribute band! Hah. I don't care if I'm the only one finding that funny, and I'm not explaining it to ANYONE!
Anoxia kicked major ass, could've used a little more bass in the guitar, bass, and vocals though. Just a little. I'm a picky sound nerd.
Brodequin: just kidding. Show up next time, I heard you were good. Came this |-| close to filling their slot, I keep mentioning this to everyone because it was eventful and fun (inside my head).
SCD: holy hell. ~~gurgle gurgle~~ that was fun. Drummer wearing headphones, that was cute. Was he listening to triggers off his drums or something? Or just jamming out to some Pat Benatar records while he played. Shirts. Keep em on. I'm not ewing or being a little homophobe, but whats the point of getting half-naked for 50 guys and 6 girls? Silly French. Maybe they should dress up and play as Freedom Maids. Har.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 15,2003 4:05am
and now, from snake mountain!
i agree with the comment that anoxia need a second guitar player. I forgot to mention that, just like another band.
time to eat some freedom fries.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 15,2003 4:15am
SCD could use a bassist too. He'd have to have a double neck bass though, with one neck on each side like \__/ that, to balance out the guitars all pointing at the singers head. I'm putting way too much thought into things as usual.

toggletoggle post by nick1762 at Jun 15,2003 11:20am
great show...
Hirundinea: 40 minutes of feedback just doesn't do it for me

Anoxia: good, but like others said, their sound could have been a little thicker

SCD: never heard them before, but they put on an excellent show. high energy death/grind or whatever you'd call them. i dug the short songs so they never got repetitive or boring

toggletoggle post by nick1762 at Jun 15,2003 11:35am
oh, and another highlight: the drunk guy in the back towards the end of SCD accidently lighting his hair on fire when he went to light a cigarette

toggletoggle post by bucksawz at Jun 15,2003 12:23pm
thanks to everone who came last night to the as220. it was a killer show all around last night, and thanks to ann for putting the show together, and scd for comming all the way from france to blow us away. i had a fucking great time. who ever said we need a second guitar player, i think they are right, we are currently looking.
dave from anoxia

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 15,2003 12:56pm
good luck finding someone that can tear up the fretboard like your current guitar player. heh.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Jun 15,2003 1:12pm
Thanks to everyone that went. It was killer. Thanks to Anne for putting this together, I had a blast. There are some awesome pics of all the bands, thanks Rev. SCD fucking ruled and were great guys. It was a very drunken/drugged night, I hope you all enjoyed the doom noise at the end of H. Love, Mike Hirudinea.

toggletoggle post by [=--= at Jun 15,2003 7:20pm
SCD actually got a good response at deathfest for what it was. On the third day of the fest everyone was so beat from the previous two, that no one really moved for the bands. Seemed like the grind crowd came out of hiding when they came on, and people were shotuing out tons of shit in support of SCD. As for them not wearing shirts, that has only just been part of their on stage performance, and last night in Provy they showed the NE region how real Grindcore is done. Fast wins.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Jun 15,2003 8:35pm
Rev saved my life after pointing out the giant fissure by the stage.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 16,2003 12:52am
My Pictures of this show are now up also if you want more...

http://www.watchtomhumponline.com/2003/june/14/index.html

toggletoggle post by joostin at Jun 16,2003 9:02pm
devon just looks silly in those

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jun 17,2003 3:47pm
Thanx for showing up all of you, as always, I was expecting more people but it seriously doesn't really matter as this was one of the best show we've had for a long time, there was a really good ambience and it seems that everybody had fun.
Sorry about Brodequin, I didn't know until the very same day. By deduction..no phone calls no nothing..I would have made a bit less food.
All the bands were good, I was stuck at the door for Hirudenia and Anoxia, but you both sound very good from outside. Grrrr. Ben gave me a break for SCD otherwise I would have cried to be stuck there doing the door. Thanx.
It was very nice to hang out with those guys after the show, I had a lot of catching up to do with France so it was an overflowing stream of questions. They are very nice guys.
...and no the French scene doesn't suck...but the Europeean scene is great...it's one thing about living in Europe is that you can go see show in other countries and it's the same than in the US going in other states.
If anybody took any real pictures please let me know, I'll pay for double, they want real pictures for press kit.
Just email.
Thank you again all of you, bands, crowd, AS220.
Anne

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 17,2003 4:02pm
real pictures? succubus, are our pictures not real?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 17,2003 4:20pm
heh yes they are

and we are going to send them tonight!

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jun 17,2003 4:56pm
Duh...you guys know what I mean by that...non-digital pictures. I didn't mean to offend you..sorry

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 17,2003 5:03pm
tu sais qu'on t'adore

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 17,2003 5:06pm
there is almost no difference now-a-days,
since I can bring my pictures to be developed at walmart too

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Barbed Sadistic Creation
[default homepage] [print][3:45:45pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01856 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]