New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SOMEONE BRUTALLY BEATEN AT A SHOW IN CT by RustedAngel on Dec 21,2004 3:06pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 21,2004 3:06pm
from someone I know:

"A KID WAS BRUITALLY BEATEN LAST NIGHT AT THE EMPRESS BALLROOM AT THE END OF THE 100DEMONS,ACACIA STRAIN,ALL WILL END, AND BURY YOUR DEAD SHOW, PEOPLE TAKE THINGS TOO FAR THESE DAYS..NOW THIS KID IS IN THE HOSPITAL AND DYING OF A BRAIN ANURYSM IN ICU. "

anyone have anymore info?

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Dec 21,2004 3:15pm
a fight at a 100 demons/bury your 'fuckin' dead show? i heard that CT shows were a lot more friendly then boston shows too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 21,2004 3:18pm
jaytus was there.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 21,2004 3:18pm
Dying of a brain aneurism? Holy fuck.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 21,2004 3:19pm
those acacia strain breakdowns really get people pumped huh

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 21,2004 3:23pm
http://manicproductions.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php

I would figure it would be talked about there.
and I don't see it.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 21,2004 3:25pm
i never saw this one coming. what a shock.

all sarcasm aside, i hope this kid will be ok, but it doesn't sound good.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 21,2004 3:29pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
those acacia strain breakdowns really get people pumped huh

This is why we don't do br00tal breakdowns.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS   at Dec 21,2004 3:56pm
I left before BYD went on... I didn't see anything.

toggletoggle post by manicmark   at Dec 21,2004 3:59pm

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 21,2004 4:10pm

that's scary too

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 21,2004 4:30pm
100 demons a few years ago at the palladium, dying fetus headlined on their first tour withput Jason, they had Derek Boyer on bass with Vinny jocking it up on the mic. anyways 100 demons plays and all i remember from their set was some hot chick doing a spin kick and cracking some kid in the face giving him a wild bloody nose.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 21,2004 4:34pm
I was at that show.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 21,2004 9:53pm
the kid was only 14...there is no need for that

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Dec 21,2004 9:57pm
They should call their band 100 niggers...

toggletoggle post by projectilevomit  at Dec 21,2004 10:02pm
tuff guy hardcore is fuckin gay

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Dec 21,2004 11:21pm
BornSoVile said:
100 demons a few years ago at the palladium, dying fetus headlined on their first tour withput Jason, they had Derek Boyer on bass with Vinny jocking it up on the mic. anyways 100 demons plays and all i remember from their set was some hot chick doing a spin kick and cracking some kid in the face giving him a wild bloody nose.

haha i was at that show, that was probably my friend melissa.

toggletoggle post by .b. at Dec 22,2004 6:24pm
What happened?

toggletoggle post by oi oi at Dec 23,2004 10:01am
everyone who was at this show or listens to these bands deserves alot worse than that.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 23,2004 10:26am
coldnorthernvengeance said:
They should call their band 100 niggers...

Haha! (*nelson laugh*)

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Dec 23,2004 10:51am
That's exactly why I will never book a metalcore band....well beside the fact I fucking hate metalcore....

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 23,2004 10:52am
armageddonday said:
That's exactly why I will never book a metalcore band....well beside the fact I fucking hate metalcore....

I'm with ya on that!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 23,2004 10:57am
metalcore is stupid. i commend you for not wanting to book it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 23,2004 11:03am
The problem is not metalcore, the problem is the assholes metalcore attracts. You guys really need to get over your issues with metalcore because it's here to stay. Deal with it.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 23,2004 11:13am
Hatebreed rules

. . . *sound of crickets* . . .

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 23,2004 11:14am
but then again I've seen Hatebreed open for Slayer

toggletoggle post by Alpha Sigma Delta President at Dec 23,2004 11:17am
Hey, everyone needs to just chill. Metalcore is the shizzy. Me and my frat brothers love it. We like the brootal breakdowns so we can stomp people into the ground. ASD represent!

toggletoggle post by snoop dogg at Dec 23,2004 11:19am
RustedAngel said:
The problem is not metalcore, the problem is the assholes metalcore attracts. You guys really need to get over your issues with metalcore because it's here to stay. Deal with it.

uhh what the fuck? theres lots of shitty music that sucks and is 'here to stay'. it doesnt mean anyone has to like it or 'deal with it'.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 23,2004 11:22am edited Dec 23,2004 11:23am
*shrugs*

there are plenty of other things to deal with anyway. best to not even give it the energy by paying attention to the crap. and if it's here to stay then there will also be real metal to offset it

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Dec 23,2004 11:36am
the fickle mainstream will eventually tire of metalcore, just as it did nu-metal and garage rock and everything else that's just a watered-down version of something better.

Meanwhile, good bands will continue to play music that doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator, and metal (and hardcore, for that matter) will continue to evolve.

move on, nothing to see here

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 23,2004 12:03pm
snoop dogg said:

uhh what the fuck? theres lots of shitty music that sucks and is 'here to stay'. it doesnt mean anyone has to like it or 'deal with it'.

uhh, what the fuck is right. I didn't say you had to like it, but obviously you have to deal with it because they won't stop playing it just because of a few elitist pricks who think their taste in music is superior. Whining about metalcore in every thread on here isn't going to magically make metalcore dissapear. Of course there are shitty bands in every genre of music, there are actually a few decent metalcore bands believe it or not. There are tons of shitty ass black metal bands but you don't hear anyone whining about that.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'd rather metalcore dominate the mainstream than nu-metal shit like disturbed and korn. Because even a lot of metalcore is more complicated and technical than nu-metal and the songs are better written. I'm willing to deal with metalcore because believe it or not a lot of those bands have proved themselves in the 'underground' scene and worked hard to get where they are. (killswitch engage, unearth, ect).

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 23,2004 12:07pm
Yeah, and to you guys bashing hatebreed...Jamie has done a lot especially for the CT scene. Why do you think they're having Napalm Death guest on their new album, they sure aren't paying him too, he's choosing too. Sure their music isn't the most tech, or whatever, I'm sure they're aware of that but they are going to play it anyways despite what you think.

Personally I'm not a fan of any of the new hatebreed, but the 1st album is pretty friggen classic hahaha. I only mosh in front of video cameras.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Dec 23,2004 12:13pm
RustedAngel said:
There are tons of shitty ass black metal bands but you don't hear anyone whining about that.

Hahaha! Dude you whine about black metal all the time!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 23,2004 12:17pm
hahah yeah, but I'm not constantly whining about it like you guys and 'metalcore'. You guys really have no valid points against it other than you hate chugga chugga breakdowns, and you hate how people dance to it.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Dec 23,2004 12:23pm
RustedAngel said:
You guys really have no valid points against it other than you hate chugga chugga breakdowns, and you hate how people dance to it.

Nothing of the sort! I enjoy "chugga chugga breakdowns," and bands like slayer, death and even immortal play them. they play them tastefully though, and don't saturate every single song with them.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Dec 23,2004 12:25pm
you forgot because its gay.....but yea youre right theres an anti-metalcore thread on this board every other day.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 23,2004 12:30pm
damnose said:
RustedAngel said:
You guys really have no valid points against it other than you hate chugga chugga breakdowns, and you hate how people dance to it.

Nothing of the sort! I enjoy "chugga chugga breakdowns," and bands like slayer, death and even immortal play them. they play them tastefully though, and don't saturate every single song with them.

yep I agree with you there 100%, even true metal bands have chugga chugga breakdowns

there are some bands that overuse it, most commonly are metalcore bands...but shit there are some metalcore bands that do, do it well. Ion Dissonance, Killswitch Engage, Invocation of Nehek...ect.

toggletoggle post by fuck you at Dec 23,2004 12:41pm
disco sucks

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Dec 23,2004 12:58pm edited Dec 23,2004 12:58pm
RustedAngel said:

yep I agree with you there 100%, even true metal bands have chugga chugga breakdowns

there are some bands that overuse it, most commonly are metalcore bands...but shit there are some metalcore bands that do, do it well. Ion Dissonance, Killswitch Engage, Invocation of Nehek...ect.

yeah, I think the overuse of breakdowns and the lack of progression from glaringly obvious scandanavian influence is what turns most people off. I do agree that some bands do it well, or at least did (like Shadows Fall), and the whole term "metalcore" is stupid anyway. As are arguments about music on messageboards, so let's just observe a moment of silence for this giant among men:

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 23,2004 1:10pm
RustedAngel said:
snoop dogg said:

uhh, what the fuck is right. I didn't say you had to like it, but obviously you have to deal with it because they won't stop playing it just because of a few elitist pricks who think their taste in music is superior. Whining about metalcore in every thread on here isn't going to magically make metalcore dissapear. Of course there are shitty bands in every genre of music, there are actually a few decent metalcore bands believe it or not. There are tons of shitty ass black metal bands but you don't hear anyone whining about that.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'd rather metalcore dominate the mainstream than nu-metal shit like disturbed and korn. Because even a lot of metalcore is more complicated and technical than nu-metal and the songs are better written. I'm willing to deal with metalcore because believe it or not a lot of those bands have proved themselves in the 'underground' scene and worked hard to get where they are. (killswitch engage, unearth, ect).

i agree with you there. it isn't so much metalcore that sucks. like you said, it's the assholes it attracts, as well as the nu metal goons who decided to start bad clone bands of unearth, lamb of god, and killswitch. i just complain about it for the hell of it. every genre has a few good bands who play the style with more creativity and better songwriting than all the clones out there. killswitch is starting to dumb down their songwriting a bit and write more predictable, more accessible songs now, which sucks, because i liked them when they first started. unearth may be nice guys and hard workers, but it doesn't sound like they've put any effort into songwriting. it's all cut and pasted jester race riffs and ripped off breakdowns. people say the new album is different, but i'm not interested in hearing it.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 2,2005 7:57pm
most likely the skins that follow dementia 13, i've had too many problems with these guys,

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][8:30:42pm May 06,2024
load time 0.03626 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]