New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> may 30th - stratford, ct by heartless on May 29,2003 6:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by heartless   at May 29,2003 6:40pm
yeh this show is so fucked up, it now starts at 6pm
for anyone who cares...:

the line up consists of grind/metal/hardcore/and emopunk which
is the strangest thing ive ever heard in my life but whatever its my
bands first show so i hope its fun at least:

in pieces
post break tragedy
dying in sin
for her ic an be a hero
the failsafe device
top of the fair
nothing star
untold truth
fight night
sacrosic
fellfromstars
madison prep
silent spring
newandyke

god knows how this is gonna turn out
there's two stages so whatever.
i guess shallows and flats and the number12... were supposed to play.

toggletoggle post by desperado at May 29,2003 8:32pm
shallows and flats....i heard of them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 30,2003 1:32am
yeah, but are they/you playing?
I'm heading down to this.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 30,2003 12:24pm
holy eat fuck. that show is 204 miles from me!

toggletoggle post by derekx at May 30,2003 1:39pm
hey shallows is playing. were playing at 9:50 on the second "stage".
come on down

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 30,2003 1:51pm
ok ok ok, it's like over 3 hours to drive there, but I'm coming.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 31,2003 3:58am
I just got back.
3 1/2 hours driving home from the warzone that was that cluster fuck of a show.
I'm working on the pictures now.
give me a little bit.

toggletoggle post by desperado at May 31,2003 4:07am
thanks for comming out rev. i hope the ride wasnt bad..and you made it ok.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 31,2003 4:19am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2003-05-30&did=1345
the pictures are up.
I'm working on my review right now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 31,2003 5:04am
wow! why is CT so messed up? all the shows there get f'ed up and not all the bands get to play cause it gets too late. Sorry to newandyke, I missed their set due to traffic.
sooo many things happend.
The parking lot was full of tons of kids. The venue actually had more girls than guys, but, as untold blake pointed out, they were all 14. I think if you brought a 14 year old girl, you got a $1 off the admission. I should have brought my little sister.
Some guys wanted through and said "dude, is there some sort of rock show? this is going to kill the stag party"
the drunk roadie-bouncer guy kept stopping the show to announce some bs about something.

any how, scene scene scene, on to the bands.

aka preston: punkish, like blink 182

fell from stars: first show, it was pretty good too, metalcore.

madison prep: wasn't my thing, sounded like juliana theory.

sacrostic: not bad. they had a keyboard, but I never heard it. At some points they sounded like norma jean, others parts like sky cutting stars, but there was one breakdown that sounded like korn which I didn't like.

nothing star: the guy had a decent screaming voice, but the music kind of weak in a few parts and sound sort-of like a hardcore tool or something. I wasn't to down with all the clean singing either.

invocation of nehek: First show with a new bassist. he went through 3 basses too. From this perfromance, I know that they played like a pile of dog-poop at the pogo club. tonight, they were killer. I was blown away. Keep rocking like that.

untold truth: Much mic passing even though that little blake has a wicked wide, brutal voice. I believe the singer for Fight Night grabbed the mic for a song too.

for.her.i.can.be.a.hero: well, there was a little to-do with bouncer-roady guy chasing down the mic for some reason. Then, nothing was announced. I don't get it. Anyhow, for her play so much better than the pogo club as well. I need to get some mp3s from them or something. the old lead singer was dancing around in the pit too.

post rake syndrome: all I remember is calling them "some alt-band". I don't really remember. I know they said something about the place closing at midnight, then played for like 3 hours longer.

dying in sin: kids go off for dying in sin. I think the pictures speak for themselves though, they only got to play like 4 songs.

failsafe device: missing a guitar player? last time, minus a singer? I hope this trend doesn't continue or there will be nothing left. On that note, guess what? even with the whole "bury your dead"-thing, failsafe is still making new tracks. they played one at this show and it was, as the others, killer.

in pieces: well, I didn't really pay attention to them. They said something like "the kid running this show doesn't know what he's doing so some bands won't get to play. we're going to do two songs and then the show is over." I snapped a few pictures, kids were singing along, but I really didn't like the mp3s from in pieces I heard so I went over the where s&f had set up...

shallow and flats: I think I egged them on to start playing while in pieces was playing. They got to play a song and a half. Kids went crazy, then the own and bouncer-roadie-thing came over and made them stop. Some chairs were thrown, tear-gas dropped, someone started yelling something. well, in the end, my lungs/eyes are still burning and there are a few less windows at oddfellas.

what did we learn hear?
1) if you are putting on a show with 1000 bands in 6 hours on 2 stages, make sure you are in the room and not in the parking lot so you can push the bands to set up and play so EVERY band and play.
2) if you are a bouncer, you shouldn't be drunk.
3) any where in a bathroom is far game for an upper-decker.
4) CT drivers are horrible
5) leave early for CT shows (see #4)

toggletoggle post by heartless   at May 31,2003 11:26am
it alright cause newandyke didnt even play at all. what a fucked up show... i felt like stabbing someone cause i was dying to see shallows and flats play but people have to break chairs and tables and roadies have to get drunk and try and stop a band while theyre playing. ct is so fucked right now cause there isnt gonna be a single venue left. ya always gotta break something so other people can pay for it. and on that note, the dude shouldnt even have booked so many bands. it was too much.

toggletoggle post by dudeman at May 31,2003 11:59am
yeah, i totally missed the tear gas part. But the kid who booked the show kept telling us to cut our set shorter and shorter, and then he told some other bands to go on first before us, and didnt even tell us he was changing the lineup. It was pathetic. And after jerking us around - he didnt even attempt to apologize or whatever. But at least the kids went nuts, and everyone had a good time. Tables and chairs were broken and all in all - i had a decent time.

Also rev -- thanks for coming so far out of the way to attend shows. This website is such a breath of life for underground metal/hardcore in new england. Keep up the good work.

James|Dying in Sin

toggletoggle post by Noah  at May 31,2003 12:32pm
yeah all that shit was un needed. it was a really really fun show before all that shit went down. just pretty poorly runned. im sick of fests with 3490258 bands on them, and im also sick of venues getting destroyed. it was really nice having a decent place that i could literally walk to. plus there are some pretty good shows that are either booked there, or are going to be booked there...like i think an acacia strain/light is the language show and also a possible shattered realm/figure four show sometime in july.

toggletoggle post by PerfectlyChaotic  at May 31,2003 1:12pm
too many bands, not enough time, not enough space for a large line-up. sorry to say not a well thought out show. (although i am sure the kid who booked this had good intentions)
and no drunk roadies do not help, moms and dads coming in and out and worrying about the cops and parking too much, that does not help or make one want to attend a show like this again.
its sad that it has come to this.

toggletoggle post by rob at May 31,2003 8:35pm
o shit that was the best show ever! there was a fucking riot!!!!!!shallows and flats had to play and at least i got to hear myfavorite song and see the guitar player flip shit and bust a window but when the fire extinguisher went off i was allergic to it and couldnt breath and started to puke but after that i realized how AWESOMe that show was and how great fail safe and shallows and flats wer and how amazing fell from stars is especially for their first show

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 31,2003 10:22pm
fuck arron i should have went down to this with you.

i talked to my friend tim (bass player of ion) around 4 and he was like come down! I thought I was gonna buy a bike last night but the places closed at like 5:30.

fuck ass.

toggletoggle post by xaitramahx at Jun 1,2003 12:14pm
yea...i left right as in pieces finished and didn't see the crazy fire extinguisher riot...damn roadie needs to shut his mouth..

-steve

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2003 12:40pm
http://www.heartlesscharm.com/media.htm
there are wmvs up of the fell from stars set.

toggletoggle post by heartless   at Jun 4,2003 4:34pm
thanks.
yeh theyre bad quality but we're looking into recording a 5-song demo pretty soon.

i really hope shallows and flats comes back to ct sometime at a better show to play a longer set. im thinking someone should book a metal or grindcore show with failsafe, newandyke, umbrella, the number 12, t.y.a.g., shallows and flats, the red chord... i dont know but CT has been known for getting venues shut down and there's never any good grind core shows here. its sort of depressing and im hoping bands who come here and play a show that goes totally wrong come back again sometime later... the only other time i saw a worthwhile grindcore band was the:enclitic, and that was two years ago at some tiny club in waterbury

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2003 5:15pm
set up a show... I can bet you that all these bands (except #12) would be there in a heart beat.
the:enclitic was fun too. good times. good show. *sniff*

toggletoggle post by desperado at Jun 5,2003 1:37am
yes..we(shallows and flats) would make the effort to reduce a number of things going wrong.
i doubt it.
AIM= EasyOnFirstDate

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Jun 5,2003 11:13am
TYAG would come to CT, date and time. name it. ha

Devon (TYAG)

toggletoggle post by heartless   at Jun 5,2003 12:23pm
yeh what happened was no one's fault but the person who booked it and the drunk roadie who tried stopping bands while they were playing. i was going to buy a demo and maybe a shirt or something afterwards from shallows and flats but we had to high tail it out of there. figures... the kid who booked the show is happy now cause he broke even and made more money then he started out with. even after paying for the damage repairs. he better be happy cause now there's no more oddfellas.

and this has to be the funniest picture ever

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Blackened Sadomasochistic Apparition
[default homepage] [print][6:42:48pm May 01,2024
load time 0.01413 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]