New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 11/12 - Invocation Of Nehek, The Hostage Heart in Lowell, MA by RustedAngel on Nov 11,2004 11:32pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 11,2004 11:32pm edited Nov 12,2004 12:03pm
WUML 91.5 FM PRESENTS:

Invocation of Nehek
The Hostage Heart
The Nicaea Room
Shroud of Turin
Inamorata

FREE SHOW!!! / 7 p.m. Doors / All Ages

rev, is there an address for this piece of shit?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 11,2004 11:35pm
yeah Fox Hall

it's the largest building in lowell, a 15 floor tower. Can't miss it. Ask anyone...and it's right next to the Tsongas Arena.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 11,2004 11:36pm
I've never been to lowell, so yeah, still might a problem not having an address to mapquest.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 11,2004 11:44pm
http://www.uml.edu/maps/directions.htm

do the "North Campus" directions.

Fox Hall is the enormous tower. Ample parking should be available.

Also you can mapquest Tsongas Arena and it's right next to it.

Hope that helps...1/2 of PFAP should be there and 2/3 of TTOS, so see you tomorrah!!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Nov 12,2004 12:00am
is WUML the station that does Stress Factor?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 12,2004 12:01am
indeed!

and Live from the Fallout Shelter.

one of the better radio stations, but i still like WERS the best.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 12,2004 7:47am
gay bands

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 12,2004 8:33am
I want to go, but my radio station is having a show.
so I have to go to that.

I used to listen to WJUL in highschool.. sucks about the whole WUML change thing. there was an article in CMJ about it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2004 9:03am
the_reverend said:
I want to go, but my radio station is having a show.
so I have to go to that.

I used to listen to WJUL in highschool.. sucks about the whole WUML change thing. there was an article in CMJ about it.

a hippie jam show?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2004 12:04pm
yeah, uhh A THOUSAND FALLING SKIES broke up so I don't know why they were on the list....

Brenden is replacing Tim on bass for I.O.N. though. I just got off the phone with robb, he thought we were on this show, I kinda wish we were. damn.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 12,2004 3:15pm
yeah I wish you were too

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Nov 12,2004 3:27pm
im going to this shizzle.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2004 3:32pm
I heard purple was going to this show too, no?

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Nov 12,2004 3:37pm
could be, i hear hes just busy screwing with aarons tv however.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Nov 12,2004 3:39pm
JUL owned.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Nov 12,2004 3:41pm
this is interesting, but lowell is a hike for me too... someone needs to book more south/metro west shows... theres a fuckload of places near my house that could be booked

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2004 5:27pm
almost time to leave.

I'll see you shitlogs there.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 13,2004 9:52pm
N. Cigs patented review:

*Shroud of Turin -- not bad. not exactly my thing, but kinda fun. We got there as their set was coming to an end. Neat stickers.

*The Nicaea Room -- people hyped this band to me for a while. I wasn't very impressed at all, but they all seemed like nice guys. I think they could do a lot more musically than they were doing...it seemed like they were trying to take on the role a niche dictated to them rather than playing to their potential.

*The Hostage Heart -- Much better than last time I saw them. The "shout out" from Chris was much appreciated. For the most part I still can't understand why on recording they sound completely different than they do live, like almost stylistically totally different, but the last two songs were going in a great direction...further away from standard hardcore/metal form and more towards actually expressive song-writing. I'd like to hear that EP all the way through.

*Invocation of Nehek -- I actually dug this band. They are pretty tight and pretty rocking. I will agree with those that said "Ok...enough fucking breakdowns" cause seriously, it was overkill, but everything around the breakdowns was pretty sweet. I liked most of the songs and wouldn't mind seeing them again. But don't be cheesy and write 900 breakdowns...and the "Oh Shit" and "I want to see you move" type things are what made me dislike State of Grace, so don't follow suit please. Other than that, rock on!

*Mercury Switch -- It was getting late and I was getting tired, plus we really had to get back and set up PFAP's stuff to be recorded the following day, so we didn't see any MS stuff. Sorry!

a pretty fun show. It's funny cause i do love mosh, really, but this was the kind of exclusive (instead of INclusive) violent Mosh I don't like. Some real pricks in there being pricks, and that ruins the fun for everyone. It was nice to see some familiar faces, though, and rock with friends.

toggletoggle post by grundlegremlin at Nov 13,2004 10:05pm
me and my baby's mama used to do a metal show on JUL. It was on at the same time as rttp

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 13,2004 10:06pm
I used to do one...it was called "In Memory of All Things Great" and was on wednesdays from 3-6. I missed dinner a bunch of times, bastards!!

toggletoggle post by grundlegremlin at Nov 13,2004 10:09pm edited Nov 13,2004 10:10pm
hahaha.We did 12am-3am and it was called innocent distractions.She picked the name.Nick did you see the shaniqua pic I sent you?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 13,2004 10:15pm
of you guys log-jammin shawn?

si!

toggletoggle post by MattRCT   at Nov 13,2004 10:56pm
good show, good times

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Prolapsed New-born Belial
[default homepage] [print][4:44:45am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.02266 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]