New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> May 10th at the Pogo Club by the_reverend on May 10,2003 11:25am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2003 11:25am
I guess I'm heading down to CT to see a show at the Pogo Club.
can't wait to check out invocations of nehek live again.
their demo is pretty killer.

toggletoggle post by the_smile_adventure   at May 10,2003 12:12pm
shallows and flats, the acacia strain, for her... @ pogo tonight in norwich.
shallows has new songs.

we own

derek

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2003 12:45pm
I'll be there. I wonder what their new songs sound like.
the last few times I've seen them, it's beent he same 4 songs.
the first sounds a lot like toa to me, the next are the 2 s&f recorded songs, and the last is pretty noisey. Granted, I like all the tracks, I'm just wondering what direction they are going in.

s&f will be on rttp some time soon.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2003 4:05pm
fuck!
it's 3 hours away from me.
shitty!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2003 2:11am
I'm back, uploading the pictures now.
for some reason, my net connection is wicked slow.
give me a few minutes.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2003 2:44am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2003-05-10&did=1226

pictures are up.
though the site is being ass for me right now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2003 3:16am
MOTHER FUCKER!
EVERYTHING I JUST TYPED FOR A REVIEW DISAPEARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW i HAVE TO RE-TYPE IT.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 11,2003 3:19am
that blows!

but your pictures don't

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2003 3:43am
three broken threads: They first show. They had to read from their lyrics sheets while they sang which was funny. I came in and they were playing a breakdown that reminded me a little of the automata and there where a could parts that sound a bit like dying in sin. I guess (seeing as the sound wasn't the best there) I will have to wait for the mp3s to figure out what they really sound like.

invocation of nehek: I really like the demo, but something was missing from the preformance and I thin kit was the bassplayer. They really need that to fill shit in. They are putting in a guy now (xct hcx). Oh, and rob (v1olenc3) needs to learn to move some more and I'm not talking moving meaning keeping your ass pointing at me!

the breathing process: I couldn't really hear them really well. Also, something happend and they stopped playing before playing the track that I like. Well, I just assumed that they would play that track that I really liked.

the acacia strain: they were missing something again, the 3rd guitarist for some reason, it seemed really noticable this time that he wasn't there. They seemed to play a short set so there was none of the "shocker" silliness or "i like pizza". They played a bunch of tracks of the CD and I think I saw a few korn kids with new acacia strain cds...

break for korn kids. They talked about how they hated moshing and how "brutal" it was at ozzzzzzzzfest. I just looked at the ground and giggled. I guess at a slipknot concert, the cops came and put up fences and used tear gas on the crowd. The stories were great.

for.her.i.can.be.a.hero: ok, I thought they got a new singer. then I was told that they didn't, he just cut his hair, but then I did some investigating. I found out that both are true. Last time I saw them, they had a guy with a reject welcome-back-carter hair doo. At that point, then new singer was in a band called "punchout" with longer-hair. The for.her singer left and the new singer cut his hair after joining.
proof:
old singer:

new singer in his old band:

new singer in for.her with new doo:

shallows and flats: They are typical NH/MA assholes so they showed up wicked late. kidding of course, they had a good excuse and I'm totally glad that they showed up in time to do a set. they played some a new track and thrashed around the stage. I belive they still only played 4 songs.. I could be wrong there. I know they didn't play the intro to track 1.

all in all a good shot with a semi-hard to get to venue.

toggletoggle post by pj  at May 11,2003 3:52am
Yea, I'm paranoid about forgetting the words...not that anyone would be able to tell the difference anyway. Lesson learned from first show - no more lyric sheets. We'll be trying to get a recording asap so you kids can hear what we're all about.

PJ - three broken threads

toggletoggle post by allison at May 11,2003 11:41am
listen here rev... haha just kidding. we both are paranoid about forgetting lyrics and i've only been to four practices now. give us some credit here. ;)

we'll hopefully be playing many more shows and recording this summer. thanks to everyone that came, hope you had fun.

allison - three broken threads

toggletoggle post by TomNehek  at May 11,2003 4:01pm
Rev, don't be so hard on Robb... he was just kinda hitting on you because he totally has a crush on you.

And yes, we do need a bass player. But Tim will soon enough to play with us and scream dio lyrics for no reason.

toggletoggle post by pj  at May 12,2003 2:31pm
Zaq and JR do look pretty ridiculous, but check out that kid holding the camcorder in the bottom pic. Ahaha!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][11:56:21am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01116 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]