New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sat, Nov 27 (11/27) @ Nate's Robot Dream House - The Fall Line, The Auburn System, TOS, HBBSI, more by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Nov 5,2004 2:52am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 5,2004 2:52am

The Fall Line (MD) - Baltimore Maryland's Finest Melodic Hardcore

Human Bone Bicycle Sciences Industries (CT) - Grind / Noise like you remember from '96.

Screams From The Burn Unit (NJ) - The name suggests it all, with a touch of Off Minor

The Auburn System - I have yet to hear them, but they come recommended to me.

The Forest Savage - Reading's best...or most likely only...metal band.

The Taste of Silver - music, Arlington MA

ALL AGES - $6 - 6PM
@ Nate's Robot Dream House
196 Wakefield St
Reading, MA

thetasteofsilver@yahoo.cm for more deets, direcs, or inf

toggletoggle post by humanbonedeathmachine at Nov 5,2004 11:18am
nice hanger

toggletoggle post by toc at Nov 7,2004 4:17pm
bump

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 9,2004 10:59pm
Within The Fray is closing this out.

so if you've wanted to check out any of these bands, I suggest this day and time. It's a lot of music, but whether you come early or late, the rock will be provided!!

toggletoggle post by adam_time   at Nov 10,2004 11:22am
we are?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 10,2004 11:31am
according to one of the dudes in your band, si. And here I thought he asked you...?

toggletoggle post by adam_time   at Nov 10,2004 11:45am
hah, well what i heard was initially we were playing, but the guitars from reading in my band said this kid (who has the house) is a wicked fayg so they didn't want to play, they think no one's gonna show up cause this kid is trying to improve his social status by having shows in his basement, it's all speculation and to be honest i really don't give a shit what kind of place it is or how many people show up. i've played shows worse than imaginable, so i'm down, because just watching the other bands is enough for me to go, plus i like to scream at people. i don't think it was ever decided as a band, sean doesn't know what he's doing, and joe doesn't care. but let's do it, we'll get trashed, i'll try and find some fireworks, then we'll call it a night.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 10,2004 1:34pm
it's cool.

Nate's had a bunch of shows there before, with varying degrees of success. I did one there and it was really fun. Whatever his rational, the fact that he provides a safe, fun place to rock and doesn't ask for much in return is a really awesome gesture. In my opinion, most people doing basement shows enjoy the social status that comes with it...but who wouldn't? It's totally sweet to have a venue in your own house if you can manage it comfortably!

toggletoggle post by TOC Nli at Nov 11,2004 1:23pm
AIDS.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 14,2004 1:46pm
beelzebubba

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 19,2004 12:15pm
AIDS

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 22,2004 10:55pm
AIDS x 2

toggletoggle post by humanbonedeathmachine at Nov 23,2004 12:51am
HOT SNAKES ON THE FACE

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 23,2004 10:44am
eat the chitos

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 24,2004 1:58am
eat them

toggletoggle post by toc at Nov 25,2004 8:46pm
this is in 2 days.

I SHOULD have some Mucopus / Clitorture posters at this, if the holiday didn't botch anything up. $2. These aren't the silkscreened ones, but they are full color poster posters.

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigarettes NLI at Nov 26,2004 12:27pm
rock

toggletoggle post by the auburn system at Nov 26,2004 6:41pm
the rev coming to this?

shows gonna rock

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 27,2004 10:45am
this is 2day!

be there on time, d00dz and d00dettes.

toggletoggle post by humanbonedeathmachine at Nov 28,2004 1:53am
good times

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigarettes NLI at Nov 28,2004 10:04am
N Cigs patented review --

*Screams From The Burn Unit -- these guys were actually pretty darn good. I guess they haven't been a band that long, but they were pretty tight for such a short life span thus far. Sounded a lot like Thursday, but tougher.

*The Taste of Silver -- fun times, but I didn't do anything. I just kinda stood there. Still, we got to play to some people that hadn't heard us before, and I was very happy to see Jess and Blue, who showed up unexpectedly. Thanks guys! Some kid tried to dance and these bigger dudes stopped him. I was saddened.

*The Forest Savage -- with the addition of a second vocalist (perhaps just for this show), these guys blew away their demo. They still have a ways to go as far as fleshing out their style and standing alone, but as far as suburban HC / Metal / emo crossover bands, they did it well. Reminded me of old Codeseven, and I liked old Codeseven...around Division of Labor.

*The Auburn System -- not bad. What I expected, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun anyway. They could do a lot more to flesh out what they do, and still have a ways to go as far as coming into their own, but I wouldn't mind going to see them again. Nice guys, good toonz. That's what counts.

*The Fall Line -- With the exchange of Justice and Mitch for a new bass player (Kyle) and guitar player (Isaak), these guys got...EVIL?? yeah, they're much darker now. There's low growls and even discordant parts. I like what I hear, though I don't think it was their best show to date (I think New Jersey, when I saw them in Carl's Basement, might have been). Pretty sweet, you should check out the next thing they release as I bet it will win some fans from around here. Also, the guys from <i>Swarm of the Lotus</i> were in town to record for their upcoming disc, so they stopped by to watch their hometown companions rock.

*HBBSI -- If you've seen these guys yet, you know what to expect: Witty banter, 10 second songs, china explosions from Robbiey. BUT I bet you didn't know that Dennis just got 100x better at guitar. Yeah!!! He's wicked good now...somehow in 2-3 weeks Dennis practiced, practiced, practiced and now can pretty much WOW a lot of you guitar virtuosoes. He attributes it to playing with Psyopus.

*Swatchdogs -- Short set. One song. Drums on a gameboy, vocals from a dude going CrAzY and singing about buttercups. Lasted about one minute. They should have covered Arabian Fantasies' "Grind Death Metal".

*Within The Fray -- so imagine you write all these songs. Like a bunch of them. And you're playing the tech-metal-core card. So you add lots of weird changes and time signatures. But you don't have a drummer so you sit around and dream of what the drumlines sound like. Suddenly, you get your first show, and 2 hours before the show you get a call from a friend saying he's back in town from Florida. You go Oh! Cool! We have a show tonight...but no drummer. We'll probably cancel. Then he says, You remember I play drums, right? And you say, "yeah, but can you learn the songs in 2 hours? We can't even practice..." and he says, "just lemme hear what you have and I'll play to that live." So you show up, nervous, and play and suddenly this guy is play 7/8 of your set near PERFECTLY, without ever having played with you. Yeah, that happened. With this band. Fucks with you, huh? And yeah he did fuck up like 19 times but the rest of the stuff...weirds me out. He was great! Too bad he lives in florida. Also WtF has a drummer, but he was out of town. So this story is like pretty much accurate with those small changes.

A Good show, lots of fun. Thanks to the Reading kids for making it kwazy.

toggletoggle post by humanbonedeathmachine at Nov 28,2004 11:54am
that gay wrestling lovefest out in the backyard was fuckin hilarious

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Stone Throwing Sonic Beast Master
[default homepage] [print][10:50:23am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01484 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]