New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> attn: guitarists...I have a ? by powerkok on Oct 29,2004 12:29pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:29pm
anyone use a sonic maximizer?
Im thinking about buying one, and would like some opinions.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Oct 29,2004 12:32pm
what exactly is a sonic maximizer? is it anything like an aural exciter?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:33pm
kinda....it contours the low and high end and says its like taking a blanket off of your speaker cab.
I just wanna know if by that they mean it gets all crispy and presence laden...which I dont want.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Oct 29,2004 12:35pm
i have an aural exciter. im really not sure what it does technically but for me, basically it got rid of all the noise i didnt even realize was coming out of my amp and made it sound bigger. i like it. i dont know if thats what youre looking to get though.

toggletoggle post by HANDINJURY at Oct 29,2004 12:35pm
trust me, you dont need that in your set-up.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:40pm
I basically want to tighten my low end a little bit, and maybe get a tad more mid 'push' but not honky or quacky

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:41pm edited Oct 29,2004 12:42pm
and, noise wise, im golden, my amp is quiet as hell with my ns-2.
but I kinda think that may be some of my problem , being that the suppressor deadens the sound a touch. so maybe....I dunno.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 12:42pm
i have a 482 sonic max.... It does a good job at what it does, but it's not really necessary unless your sound is lacking in punch, and clarity.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:43pm
ok...but what does it do to your amp specifically?

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 29,2004 12:49pm
i gots a 462 bbe, i will never play without it, hey kok ill show you what the difference is at the halloween show, you can turn it on and off and have absolutely no trouble telling the huge difference

i am going to get one for my home stereo eventually, cause it has rca jacks on it too, makes everything sound like you paid 2 thousand dollars more for your setup, i love it

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:54pm
ok cool. thx pal.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 12:55pm
I use to use it in the loop of my marshall, but the more I used it the more I turned it down and eventually didn't even have it on anymore...

I must say It works wonders for car audio and probably home audio. My old ALPINE deck had bbe built in and it made shit sound awesome.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 12:57pm
I think I'm going to replace my NS-2 with this...

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:58pm
I really just want to fill my rack!! heh...but I dont want something I totally WONT use.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 12:59pm
RustedAngel said:

y?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 1:03pm
from what I'm hearing it's much more transparent and responsive to staccato notes than any other noise reduction system out there. There is a rack version of that pedal as well but it's $300...the pedal you can get for about the same price as an ns-2.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 1:10pm
hmm sounds cool...lemme know if u get it.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Oct 29,2004 1:12pm
chris from psyopus uses that noise supressor.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 1:14pm
blue nli said:
chris from psyopus uses that noise supressor.

yeah it was cool to see that he was using one...

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 29,2004 1:34pm
powerkok said:
I really just want to fill my rack!! heh...but I dont want something I totally WONT use.

even if you dont use it, if you buy it here
http://search.ebay.com/bbe-sonic-maximizer_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8
you wont be out bigtime, this is where i got mine for 86 bucks, perfect condition too

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 29,2004 1:45pm
RustedAngel said:

hey rusted??? where can you buy one of these!!! i searched on ebay, zzounds.com and ams and noone had em

i was having serious noise problems last night (i think it the wiring i did in my guitar though) but this will make up for my shitty wiring job.

they got a good review on my fav review site (http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/ISP_Technologies/Decimator_Noise_Reducer-01.html)
so thats good enough for me

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 1:50pm
a guy i know from harmony central is a distributor for them.

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/ -- contact derek for a quote.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Oct 29,2004 1:52pm
ill stick to the noise supressor in my pod pro, thank you very much.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 29,2004 1:52pm
rad, thanks

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 29,2004 1:58pm
blue nli said:
ill stick to the noise supressor in my pod pro, thank you very much.

of course you would

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 2:07pm
I use pod too, but the ns dosent do enough for me.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Oct 29,2004 9:47pm
A sonic maximizer boosts harmonic frequencies. It's really neat at first, as the difference is so apparent one tends to immediately think it's better. Then after a while, you realize that it just squashes dynamics, and causes ear fatigue with prolonged exposure. If you get one, just use it SPARINGLY. I can't stress that enough.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Oct 30,2004 9:51am
I have one for my diezel to bring out my pinches, I don't like the high tone on the diezel head.

It's the kindof thing that after you use for two years, on a quiet night you can't sleep because your ears are ringing perminently.
a good idea is to pickup earplugs, and no the ones your thinking of. PIckup some DB compensating earplugs wich are made of a sortof jell that blocks certain frequencies from being heard but don't actually muffle any sound.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Oct 30,2004 1:14pm
i agree with arrow head. it definitely brings some punch and clarity to the low and high end, but some midrange frequencies seems "squashed" somehow. i don't use it with my main rig (all tube), but on my solid state practice amp, it sounds a lot better, almost like a tube amp.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Enlightened Norsk Apprentice
[default homepage] [print][4:25:06am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.02705 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]