New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> HAND CHOKE NECK HALLOWEEN SHOWS by powerkok on Oct 21,2004 3:21am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 21,2004 3:21am edited Oct 21,2004 3:27am

more info and directions for the party will be posted soon

www.hand-choke-neck.com/index1.htm

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Oct 21,2004 9:14am
BAH! I wish I could go to one of these. Maybe I'll get out of work early on Halloweeen. I'll be in NH, anyway, only a few towns over from Keene...huh...

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 21,2004 11:01am
i can't wait for the Pittsfield Massacre.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 21,2004 12:05pm
sick! ahhh i can't wait any longer!

toggletoggle post by ieatpeople4god at Oct 21,2004 6:21pm
hey can shaniqua get on the keene st. halloween show? ... i'll email you.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Oct 21,2004 9:03pm
oohhhh sounds like a blast!! I can't wait to see HCN. I heard that they are pretty fucking awesome. I'll be at this one MosDef!!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 21,2004 10:54pm
hahaha hoser, just think, its been a year since the minivan incident!!!
Im all set with cops this year...hah.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 22,2004 11:31am
Just confirmed with Beard Brother #2 (Nick) that we can do the 31st in Keene if there's room for 1 more/someone drops off. If not, oh well...

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 22,2004 11:40am
ya I just got an email, and its full....we shall conquer on the 30th and 6th tho. Have u found a nazi outfit yet?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 22,2004 11:56am
Found? You mean chosen which one to wear out of my closet?
Or, option 2, do a massive 'roid cycle between now and then, paint myself green and go as the Hulk. Not a good idea, because I can barely control my temper now and I've never done 'roids.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 22,2004 1:07pm
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 27,2004 5:56pm
hey kok you still wanna get a tap for the bands playin at the pittsfield massacre? we'll shell out some cash to helps ya, it doesnt really matter what kind

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 27,2004 6:55pm
dood...I cant find kegs anywhere in concord...I'll ask the band friday.
prolly just end up gettin it by the case. easier.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 27,2004 10:56pm
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE TO THE WORLD!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 27,2004 11:07pm
bri....you realize how much better this party will be if the sox can sweep?????!!
it will mean people will be at the party!!

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 27,2004 11:21pm
i know! that's why i'm hoping we'll win, more people be comming!
i know at least 8 people are coming up with us and crashing there so be prepared! wooo!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 28,2004 6:43pm
thats awesome!! OK ppl going to the party (30th)...Ive posted directions at
http://www.hand-choke-neck.com/index1.htm

Wear a costume or be mocked.
Bring beer and food or there is a store semi close to the house.
there will be a bonfire, 4 bands, beer, weed, craziness, sox fanatics, and hopefully whores.

bands are:
6:00 Valhalla
7:00 The taste of silver
8:00 Life at Zero
9:00 Hand Choke Neck

All times are approximate.

COME PARTY WITH US!!! FUCK YEAH!

toggletoggle post by brown metal at Oct 29,2004 3:11am

toggletoggle post by brown metal at Oct 29,2004 3:12am

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 29,2004 3:29am
powerkok said:
thats awesome!! OK ppl going to the party (30th)...Ive posted directions at
http://www.hand-choke-neck.com/index1.htm

Wear a costume or be mocked.
Bring beer and food or there is a store semi close to the house.
there will be a bonfire, 4 bands, beer, weed, craziness, sox fanatics, and hopefully whores.

bands are:
6:00 Valhalla
7:00 The taste of silver
8:00 Life at Zero
9:00 Hand Choke Neck

All times are approximate.

COME PARTY WITH US!!! FUCK YEAH!

this will be my first time seeing LaZ live. Woo hoo.

oh jesse, I saw Valhalla tonight. Good stuff! You'll love it man, Brian goes all out.

and they have this sweet clean part where he does some prayer to Satan or something.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 29,2004 6:35pm
jesse we can do a 25 minute set so how about 6 30ish? either way we need time to get sexified

heh heh the clean part you speak of nick is the beginging of "dishonor" and it's for Odin! hail the true good! arghh! arghhh!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 7:28pm
ya man...its no problem, 6 30- 7
dont forget the pa!
I heard broken minor might be there. Cowin is the host and he said they could play if they wanted. so the 10 o clock law might have to be broken, but I dunno...well see.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 29,2004 7:56pm
who's bringing the PA? We can if you want, I just wasn't sure who was.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 29,2004 8:09pm
we'll bring it

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 29,2004 10:36pm
ya Valhalla boys are bringing one, and were bringing one and 4 pa speakers so we can mic the drums.
I just hope it dosent fucking rain all day, like its supposed to!!!
if so, I will see what we can do about playing inside.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 30,2004 12:02pm
so is this still going on!? it's raining down here are we gonna play inside?

toggletoggle post by Justin ACR at Oct 30,2004 11:43pm
are any of u going to the show at keene?

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigs at Oct 31,2004 1:52am
Jesse - this was one of the most fun shows I've either A) ever played or B) played in a long fucking while.

thanks so much...everyone was great and I had a FUCKING BLAST!!!

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigs at Oct 31,2004 1:54am
Jesse - this was one of the most fun shows I've either A) ever played or B) played in a long fucking while.

thanks so much...everyone was great and I had a FUCKING BLAST!!!

toggletoggle post by taste of cigs at Oct 31,2004 1:59am
Review:

*Valhalla - much tighter tonight! Could still benefit from a bass player to round out the higher note-y tremolo picked parts. Drummer needs to hit snare much much harder. But other than that, Outstanding!!! I can imagine you in like 6 shows as tight as balls!!! The brutal parts were BRUTAL and the tender parts were TENDER. Partying with you dudes was the shit!!!!!!!

*The Taste of Silver - everyone was super supportive and we rocked it well. That's a good follow up to our Connecticut show! Sound was pretty good to me from where I stood.

*Life At Zero - These guys kick ass!! I had no idea they were that gnarly. Tons of breakdowns, tech parts, fast parts; all the members wail at what they do. Andy is a sick fucking guitarist, and the drummer pounds the shit out of his kit. Good times! Mosh fiesta!

*Hand Choke Neck - Put Hoser, Powerkok, and Chris all in the same band, and you can't expect anything less than blasting and moshing. Chaos I tell you. All bullshit aside, Chris has one of THE best voices I have ever heard for Death Metal. To have that go unrecognized would be a shame. If you ever get a chance, ask him to do his lows in front of you....even better than Chan, which shocks me cause I thought he had one of the best lows I've heard (still does, actually). Chris's is unbelievalbe, with tone, control, and enunciation to boot...it's not just a parlor trick.

fun. fucking. party.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Oct 31,2004 11:09am
uggghhhhhh.......I'll post a review when this hangover goes away....

UUGGGHHHHHHHH

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 31,2004 11:46am
this show was the greatest show of our lives! ahhh playing in the basement feels like home!

valhalla- our first decent preformance, felt real good about this one, we were gonna corpse up but got there late! and some how forgot all our wires (go newbies!), we sounded great i thought although matt's guitar started to crap out during our favorite part at the last song

the taste of silver- wow, i wish i could go to all your shows, great guys, amazing music, you guys rule and i wish you 3 the best of luck, and next time make an xl tee shirt you fucks!

life at zero- i was pretty blown away with them, sick head banging music, you dominated and started the one man mosh pit!!!!!!! even jason hoovers rocked out!

hand choke neck- do i even have to say anything? you guys are so fucking sick, it felt like hell actually opened a spawned you fucks, hands down my favorite death metal band from nh, you guys even blow away some of the big timers, diguesting, thanks for the show brothers!

sucked that everyone left so early! we were the only people that stayed there and let me tell you CHAOS happened when every one left!
hails! can't wait to see you all again

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Oct 31,2004 1:41pm
good fuckin time, yeah Im sorry I had to leave, but I hadda work this am at 8 and my ride was leaving.

Valhalla-awesome set.I agree about the bassist, and I know black metal generally dosent have bass, but I think it would round Valhalla out perfectly....great guys, and dedicated to their craft! 3+ hour ride!!!

TOS- first time Ive seen them live....Ive listened to alot of their mp3s, and liked them, but hOLY THE FUCK!! LOVED IT! their live show is awesome, rowan is a great frontman, nick is a very unique and awesome guitarist, and alex on drums is sick. great band. and they ended the set with ANKF and even dedicated it to me!!

LAZ- my bros, my nigguhz, I never get sick of them, they rule. I had to represent by donning my Jason pt6 costume and doing the moonwalk in the middle of their set. They deserve nothing less. sick DM.

HCN-I thought our set went great, and I seriously appreciate all the energy you guys showed. Theres nothing like a set with a buncha crazy mofos goin nuts all around you. I got punched in the face like 5 times while I was playing. My goal of the night was to not miss a note while I pushed and fended the moshers off of me. Im sure I did miss a few, but hey, I was drunk!! hahahahah

thanks all the bands that played, and all the ppl that came....u guys all rock the entire enviornment!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

FUN SHOW!!
now Im off to the Keene show...ahh metal.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Oct 31,2004 4:14pm
realllll fun show all the bands played real good, including us (yay), and i would do it again, fun post-show mayhem as well, although i dont remember too much, and anyone who talks to cowin on a regular basis give him serious thanks, he was an awesome host

back to foot ball...GO PATS

toggletoggle post by mikeatzero  at Oct 31,2004 11:46pm
who's gonna send me pictures dammit,i didn't have a camera.if you want my email,skinworship77@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Nov 1,2004 8:04am
How many e-mail addresses do you have???

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Nov 1,2004 10:38am edited Nov 1,2004 10:39am
i had my friend shot pics but the camera i had only had room for about 20 pics, so theres pics of us and one shot of rowan from taste of silver, and this pic...

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Nov 1,2004 10:40am
shit i didnt realize it was that big...thats why the camera only had room for 20 pics...woops

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Nov 1,2004 10:43am
o ya and thanks for the demo life at zero...i wouldve had some demos if my computer wasnt homoerotic

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Nov 1,2004 12:26pm
Big Andy's Review

*Valhalla -- nice to see these guys once again, good straight up black metal. You guys should get a bass player to thicken up the sound a bit. I hear Satan plays a mean 4 string.

*Taste of Silver -- excellent to hear original music. Great guitar work with lots of fucked up chords and cool arrangements.

*Lie Phat Zero-- we had a good time. I had my usual fumbling over certain parts, hopefully I covered it up well. I thought the other 3 guys did a great job.

*HCN -- you dawgs just keep getting better. I'm definitely digging the new more technical songs. Always good to play with these guys.

Thanks to Cowin (sp?) for letting us make noise at his house. Awesome fucking time.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Nov 1,2004 1:14pm
yes, I will post pics on hcn.com today.

as for last nights show.

we got there and HOLY SHIT! Its a huge auditorium with a huge stage and lights and a balcony, the whole 9....cool venue, really nice people.
The guy runnin the show offered HCN 2 hotel rooms, and that was an awesome gesture, but we had to work in the am, so we couldnt take him up on it.
If any bands get the chance to play at keene state college, do it, its a cool place to play.
decent turnout, although the place holds 500 ppl so when only 60-70 are there it looks empty, but nevertheless, its 60 ppl that never heard us, so it was a good opp.
also I met a cold reality, cool guys, good tunes, beyond the embrace isnt my style, but they were tight. I left before Meliah, cuz....IM FUCKING BEAT!!!

toggletoggle post by Justin ACR at Nov 1,2004 2:28pm
good show last night, here's my review

Perpetual Winter- this was a black metal band. They were descent, kinda generic. They could have use better equipment, but its black metal, and supposed to be raw, so it passed. They had some behemoth style stuff which I thought was cool.

A Cold Reality- We played our first show with our new guitar player. Played a decent set, could have been better, but no worries. It was really fun.

Hand Choke Neck- First time seeing these guys. Pretty cool stuff. It was death metal influence metalcore w/ some harmonized melodies. Vocalist had an awesome voice. I didn't get to catch there entire set because I was moving equipment in and out of the building. But I liked what I did get to see.

Beyond the Embrace- We've played with these guys a few times down in there hometown of New Bedford and those shows have always been really fun. However, this is probably the best I've seen them. I had not had a chacne to check out the new CD, but the tunes seems pretty cool. They seemed very tight from touring.

Meliah Rage- 1/2 the band was sick, there lead guitar player did not make it because he was bed ridden with the flu. I expected the set to be a little better, but props to them for playing even though they were all under the weather.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Nov 1,2004 3:34pm
http://www.hand-choke-neck.com/oct31.htm
I fucked up the page title...its pics of the 30th.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Nov 1,2004 3:51pm edited Nov 1,2004 3:53pm
all bands from the 30th...

awesome job everyone

valhalla- we played much tighter and it was all around a good set, matts cables/amp kept fucking up but other than that everything went well

taste of silver- you guys are fucking incredible, alex is an AMAZING drummer, rowan is an awesome frontman and nick is just the fucking man- impressive- thanks for signing my titties too

life at zero- it was great to play with you guys again, tight as hell- andys insane guitar riffs, brutal drumming- insane speeds on the kicker
great set

hand choke neck- fucking incredible as usual- brutal as all hell, you guys get tighter and more technical every time i see you, really one of the best local bands around- fuck yeah

awesome time had by all except for when cowin had to bust some faces later on in the night when all you motherfuckers left, hahah he came back hand bloodied- much thanks to all who played and attended
esp hand choke for getting us on and cowin for hosting an awesome time
\m/

toggletoggle post by deadhooker  at Nov 1,2004 4:08pm
yah pretty much anything cowin is involved with ends up being insane. but it definitely was a fucking awesome show. i was downing chris (hcn) for liking the taste of silver on the way there. but when they played i was shoceked. it was beutiful and disgusting all at the same time. i hada perfect view of the singer's (i can't spell ur name and i cant read it on my shirt) veins bulging out in his head when he sang. such heart. well done

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Nov 1,2004 11:49pm
hahahah this is great!

WE WILL FUCK YOU UP!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 1,2004 11:50pm
heeeeeyyy! nice mic cable!! wink wink!!!

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Nov 2,2004 7:40am

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][3:11:44am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01958 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]