New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> does anybody here do home recording on their computer?? i need help. by goratory on Sep 29,2004 11:24pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by goratory  at Sep 29,2004 11:24pm
Alright, I just installed the mobilepre USB so I could plug my guitar into the computer. I installed the driver and everything and now none of my sound works besides the fact that the thing i just bought doesn't work. I think i got over my head with this shit cause i have no idea what to do so can someone please step me though making this work and getting my sound back.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 30,2004 12:32am
the problem is that the Mobilepre USB is fully installed which enables the Reason application to run when you click on the Mobilepre USB desktop. No sound can be recorded or even acknowledged into the Reason player which essential a big mixing board, EQ, and a bunch of other little helpful recording things. I don't know much bout the details but we installed it tonight and we're stumped on what to do.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 30,2004 12:52am
hrrrm....maybe disable the device in device manager, and see if the regular sound works.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Sep 30,2004 1:18am
um don't use reason.

i hate that program. it's of no use unless you make beats for hip hop.

toggletoggle post by HANDINJURY at Sep 30,2004 8:03am
I wrote some creepy piano shit with reason last night.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 30,2004 10:17am
reason is gay

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Sep 30,2004 10:30am
whats this mobilpre thing ? is it better than using a line 6 guitar port?

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Sep 30,2004 6:36pm
anonymous said:
reason is gay

It is gay when it is the reason adapted digidesign version.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 30,2004 8:15pm
M audio has not yet tested thier products for compliance with XP service pack 2, so that might be an issue.

Have you downloaded the LATEST drivers from the m-audio website? I had similar problems with my guitarport when I installed the included software. After downloading the latest software off the website it was all better.

M-audio hardware can be a whore. Thier firewire products tend to fry if you plug them in without shutting the computer down first. Did you try shutting down your system, plugging in the USB, then restarting?

Here's a how to installation video - http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=suppor...ID=235aa057f48ff30ffb5b43e0727f9a42 . I haven't watched it yet, but it might help you.

Here's a written version since you currently have no audio -
----------------------------------------------------------------
Windows XP installation

Make sure the MobilePre USB is NOT connected to the computer and no application is open before beginning the installation!

Depending on the “Hotfixes” and “Security Updates” installed on your system, the initial Driver Release for the MobilePre for WindowsXP might not install correctly. Please make sure to download and install the updated driver for the MobilePre USB from our driver download page. In the field “Select Product”, select the “MobilePre USB”. In the field “Any”, select “Windows XP”. Click “Submit”. Click on the Filename “MobilePre_1xxx_web.exe” to download the driver. Make sure to save it to your desktop.

1) Double-click on “MobilePre_1xxx_web.exe” to run the M-Audio MobilePre Setup program.

2) This wizard will guide you through the installation process. CAREFULLY READ the displayed instructions - click the “Next” button for each screen once you have read and understood the instructions.

3) (*) A screen stating that “The Software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing...” will be displayed at various points during this installation. Please make sure to click "Continue Anyway" each time this screen pops up. (More Information about this at the end of this guide).

4) Select if you want to “Enable digital CD audio for CD/DVD drives” and “Enable DMA transfer mode for CD/DVD drives”. These settings are necessary if you want play Audio CDs from your computer’s CD-ROM drive using the MobilePre USB. Then click “Next”.

5) When prompted, connect the MobilePre USB to your computer’s USB port.

6) Windows' "Found New Hardware Wizard" will start up and guide you through the rest of the installation. CAREFULLY READ the instructions displayed on this screen. Press the “Next” button on each screen once you have read and understood the instructions. (It is not necessary to change any of the settings in the “Found New Hardware Wizard”.)

7) Click “Finish” when the “Found New Hardware Wizard” informs you that “The wizard has finished installing the software for...” the MobilePre USB.

8) In the Background, the computer will start copying the necessary files for all the components of the MobilePre USB. You can follow the progress by looking at the small display in the right lower corner of the screen (around the area where you see the clock). The process will be done once “Found New Hardware Wizard. Your new hardware is installed and ready to use” will be temporarily displayed here.

9) After the “Found New Hardware Wizard” is done, you will be back to the “M-Audio MobilePre USB Setup” screen that prompts that the “M-Audio MobilePre Installed Successfully”. Click “Next”.

10) Unless you chose to modify the settings for your CD-ROM/DVD drive in Step 4 of this guide, you can click “Finish” to start using the MobilePre USB. If you did modify the settings, you will be asked to restart the computer. Click “Finish” and your computer will restart automatically and the MobilePre USB will be ready to be used once the Computer is started up again.

(*) The message “The Software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing...” is nothing you need to be worried about. We wrote the drivers specifically for Windows XP and they will work just fine with your system. The message basically just means that Microsoft (Windows) did not yet test the drivers by themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As a final word to the wise, Reason is crap for recording audio. If it's not too late, get your money back. It's more geared towards analog synth sounds and layered rap style production. It's a cool package, but for recording rock or metal it can be a bitch to do odd times, or edit, and the burden on the CPU is intense. I reccomend you try Sonar, as it's a great product, and you happen to have a drummer who knows the software like the back of his hand.

Also, I reccomend you return that mobile pre. For what you get, you're better off with a guitarport. $99, built in preamp, Tons of included guitar sounds in the software (but you can also use a mic, not even run the software, and use your own amp), easy to use and install, and 24 bit recording quality. I use one daily, those recordings you heard at darren's barbeque were done with a guitarport and sonar.

toggletoggle post by WyrmFingerz   at Sep 30,2004 10:55pm
bah,

get a Mac, a Motu 828, and Digital Performer... good to go for life.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Oct 1,2004 12:31am
thanks pete, I'll try all that shit right now.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Oct 1,2004 12:32am
anonymous said:
reason is gay

Reason came with the program, i was just using it to see if my mobilepre works. I'm getting sonar next week but didn't want to wait a week to see if it installed properly.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hell-ish Narcotic Chronicles
[default homepage] [print][10:46:20pm May 05,2024
load time 0.01981 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]