New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Don't you love how Metalcore bands are all fashion and no music??? by Riot_Of_Violence on Aug 27,2004 9:50am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Riot_Of_Violence at Aug 27,2004 9:50am edited Aug 27,2004 9:52am
Yeah, I just want to hop onto the faggy band-wagon....

Hey, what if I wore eyeliner, had a wacky hairdcut, women's designer stretch jeans with the 'faded' look, a white belt to prove how 'hardcore' I am, and constantly yapped about how 'vintage' my brand new pair of 2004 Converse shoes were? you think that would be enough to hopefully land record deal with Victory or Trustkill records?

But wait...

I should have a band named Love Is A Broken Harp While Remembering Yeseryear As I Walk Through Crumbling Autum Leaves That Have Fallen From This Dying Tree...y'know...give it that 'emotional' appeal to it. Maybe I should write a song about a failed highschool relationship. Or maybe I should write a song dealing with how in love I am with the whole 'goth' sub-culture(not that Hot Topic has totally ruined it)....

Bands such as Bleeding Through, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Eighteen Visions...I hope you all burn in hell

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 27,2004 9:52am
did you sign up just to post this piece of shit thread?

this has been discussed a million times. get over it.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Aug 27,2004 9:53am
You and I should get some black masks on and start smashing store front windows in government center.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Aug 27,2004 9:53am
How can anyone ever get over metalcore? It's disgusting.

toggletoggle post by Riot_Of_Violence at Aug 27,2004 9:55am
RustedAngel said:

Mmm...not to my knowledge. By the looks of this site, a lot of people seem to accept this shit bands. I figured it was a good place to post a good rant.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Aug 27,2004 9:58am
It's true, alot of people have the attitude 'well atleast its not nu-metal', and that is not helping. Metalcore needs to stop.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Aug 27,2004 10:31am
Really? I cant think of anyone on this board that likes those bands.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 10:34am
I like BT and AILD... they actually aren't fashion core at all.
atreyu and 18v are and I hate that bs.

BT and AILD are actually really awesome live. very huge sounding and a powerful performance.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Aug 27,2004 10:35am edited Aug 27,2004 10:36am
who cares what people dress or look like?

enjoy the music for the music

PS: I love Bleeding Through

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 10:37am
18v pisses me off when they are all "we only want pink and white lights on us"...
plus I don't like their music.

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Aug 27,2004 12:22pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
How can anyone ever get over metalcore? It's disgusting.

hahahahha

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Aug 27,2004 12:25pm
oh yeah, 18 visions is horrible.

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Aug 27,2004 12:25pm
riot of violence!

i was listening to that song yesterday

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Aug 27,2004 1:37pm
Haha cool name Riot of violence. Kreator kicks ass.
And yeah, trends suck nigger dick.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS   at Aug 27,2004 2:09pm
Or maybe you can write a song about Satan and fucking dead corpses...

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Aug 27,2004 2:10pm
That sounds good.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem in maine at Aug 27,2004 3:12pm
RustedAngel said:

hahahaha

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Aug 27,2004 3:33pm
Is this thread from 1999 or something? Aren't you a little late on this? Go buy the new Motorhead and shut the fuck up. It's damn good.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Aug 27,2004 3:33pm
i like bleeding through, atreyu and as i lay dying

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Aug 27,2004 3:34pm
Atreyu is pure shit.

I'm gonna start a band called [insert name from Never Ending Story] and it'll be huge.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 27,2004 3:38pm
my friend nate wanted to name a band atreyu before those fags ever watched the neverending story.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Aug 27,2004 3:54pm
You should hit your friend nate real hard in the face with a sock full of penises.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 3:57pm
it's been done to him already.

now, back to this song about fucking dead corpses...

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Aug 27,2004 4:00pm
Oh it's been done to him already? He's been to Bugaboo Creek on his birthday?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 4:02pm
that kids is a 100% midnight golfer.. you tell me.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 27,2004 5:00pm
i think every genre has a few good bands and a lot of shitty bands, whether it's metalcore, hardcore, black metal, death metal, etc. (although black metal and death metal in my opinion have a lot more good bands than the other genres) i like killswitch and have since they first started. their guitarist gets gayer and gayer by the minute but i think the songwriting is good. it sucks that all the posers and nu metal fags are getting into that band, but i still like them and hopefully they have one good album left in them. i know the posers are all about mastodon now, but i still like them a lot and will continue to like them until their songwriting goes stale. i've always liked shadows fall too, but based on the 2 new songs i have heard by them, i think they might be starting to hit the wall. 18 visions and atreyu and all those other pink shirt, girl pants, makeup bands are pretty gay though, i must agree. i hate trends and i hate bands who start up because of a trend, not necessarily bands that innovate and then get imitated by everyone else.

toggletoggle post by FrancisPman at Aug 27,2004 10:26pm
everyone please get on with your life.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Aug 28,2004 12:11am
i wish everyone in the world had to wear the same ninja suits... i mean, c'mon

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Aug 28,2004 12:57am
FrancisPman '04

toggletoggle post by JayTUS   at Aug 28,2004 2:27pm
Who gives a flying fuck about trends. If it's not one thing, it's going to be another, so instead of worrying about the music other people make and the way other people choose to live their lives, why don't you worry about yourself, because I am sure everyone can be laughed at for something by someone else.

And for the record, I would say Eighteen Visions and Atreyu would be two of the trend starters, not followers. But again, if they want to make their hair pretty and wear girls jeans, why the hell does anyone else care? There's so much good music out there, why waste time with the music you don't like?

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Aug 28,2004 4:37pm
the_reverend said:
18v pisses me off when they are all "we only want pink and white lights on us"...
plus I don't like their music.

HAHAHAHA I Remember that at metal fest. I heard them say that and I was like fuck this I'm going to 2nd stage.

toggletoggle post by heimdall  at Aug 28,2004 6:13pm
killswitch engae is a very good band, and comeing from a metal nazi as myself thats a good thing

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][4:08:40am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02675 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]