New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Martyr AD, Haste The Day, Waking Judea, Dead To Fall, Since The Flood, and Amaranth in Portland ME on Thursday the 26th by hybrid on Aug 23,2004 8:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Aug 26, 2004 the Industry (Portland, Me)
amaranthus - 2004-08-26
Amaranthus(56)
flash animated slider show
dead_to_fall - 2004-08-26
Dead To Fall(80)
haste_the_day - 2004-08-26
Haste The Day(67)
martyr_ad - 2004-08-26
Martyr Ad(67)
randomshots - 2004-08-26
Randomshots(9)
since_the_flood - 2004-08-26
Since The Flood(77)

toggletoggle post by hybrid   at Aug 23,2004 8:23pm
Muscle City is putting on this show. I thought it looked pretty good, im driving an hour to see this. Details are something as follows...

Thursday, August 26th
Martyr AD
Haste The Day
Amaranth
Dead to Fall
Since The Flood
Waking Judea

@The Industry, 50 Wharf Street in Portland, ME
$10 admission, all ages

toggletoggle post by Jellyfish at Aug 23,2004 8:43pm
no thanks.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at Aug 23,2004 9:17pm
Amaranthus i think is fucking awsome i saw them thurs. with the red chord.

toggletoggle post by hybrid at a friends house at Aug 24,2004 2:29am
i heard about that show, i had a friend who went to that. he gave me a couple of their patches. haste the day are the nicest guys ever, you have to support these guys.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 24,2004 4:05am
weird, there is nothing at all about this on the events list.

toggletoggle post by hybrid   at Aug 25,2004 4:37am
i'll add it right now... muscle city stuff is rarely on the events page

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 26,2004 11:24am
bump, cause I decided to go to this.

toggletoggle post by hybrid   at Aug 26,2004 4:46pm
as you would say aaron, im leaving for this right now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 26,2004 5:07pm
I'm leaving around 5:30.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 12:30am
I'm back...
working on the pictures now

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 1:04am
pictures are uploading.

toggletoggle post by Phantos aka Johnifer at Aug 27,2004 1:23am
damn.. I missed it.
I had to work in ManchVegas today and just got home.

how was it?

toggletoggle post by hybrid at a friends house at Aug 27,2004 1:27am
awesome show.

toggletoggle post by Phantos aka Johnifer at Aug 27,2004 1:30am
good to hear. it looks like Muscle City is doing some good stuff there.

toggletoggle post by aaron666 not at home at Aug 27,2004 10:55am
fun show

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2004 11:00am
waking judea: sorry, I missed their set... which sucks. I blame portland for making me drive around it for an hour trying to find the place.

amaranthus: their whole set like their MP3s left a huge question mark above my head. on some many levels is was good.. but I still don't know if I like them... they toss so many different things together... from the "cheesey" children of bodom sythns, break downs, screams.. it's like blending craddle of filth (when they were good), children of bodom, bleeding through, and love lost but not forgotten together. the keyboardist uses the LE version of Korg's triton series. this gives some of the songs a sound like old bleeding through. I'm going to have to see them a few more times I guess... I'm confused! I wish I could have heard the vocals more.

since the flood: these bad-assed boys are just back from a rough and tumble time in montreal. I'm not sure about luke's (the drummer) new atreyu make-up style, but it's always awesome to see them. they are turning into quit the jumping fools.. there was actually one point where it was like three stand out spots in a song first dave, then rob, then kev all jumps on each part (backstreet boys eat your hearts out). Unfortunatly, I missed a TON! of shots cause the mirrors where messing up my focusing.

I think it was at this point that I went out side and a 3 store phallic corona bottle flopped over into the street. it was hilarious.

dead to fall: these guys get better and better. the new stuff sounds like it's going to be 1/2 like the old cd and 1/2 focusing on new more intricate guitar work. I guess we'll find out when the cd comes out.

ahahah, shameless! they played the same set they've been playing, but who cares since it's a nice balance of something old and something new. As I've said before, I'm wicked happy for evan getting this drumming gig. I wish I could have heard the vocals more.

haste the day: I've heard the new CD quite a bit lately. live it's just as good... though I wish I could have heard the vocals more. the new stuff, like the new d2f, has a lot more intricate guitar work in it, leaving the singer to just bang his head while the rest of the band goes off. reminds me sort of like overkill when the singer departs to let the other members shine. I guess one of the guitarists does the clean vocals. the singer would hold his mic for him, but it was set up for screaming so it was a bit dificult to hear unless you were standing right there.

martyr ad: they were the first band to rump around the entire dance flood. made it a little difficult cause I thought I was going to get speared by a stringed instrument. I couldn't hear the vocals AT ALL during their entire set. all I could heard was an unrelenting heaviness that is the new cd. unlike the "wee wee" old stuff, the new songs don't seem to have any breaks at all in them. The bass player went through 2 basses (breaking strings) and then they almost stopped one song short, but they used dead to falls bass to play their last signature song.

the show ended and all the kids rushed into the street where 1320497032 dance clubs all playing crappy music where. the funny thing was watching the singer from dead to fall egging on skanks through a foggy window. A bike police officer tried to convince me to stay and shoot a wet t-shirt contest that happens in the street in 20 minutes, but I really didn't feel like getting splash by the hiv infected skank swill that would have undoubtible hit the crowd.
note to portland: please let off some WMDs on wharf st. around 11:30PM.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 27,2004 11:25am
the_reverend said:
A bike police officer tried to convince me to stay and shoot a wet t-shirt contest that happens in the street in 20 minutes, but I really didn't feel like getting splash by the hiv infected skank swill that would have undoubtible hit the crowd.
note to portland: please let off some WMDs on wharf st. around 11:30PM.

you fuckin' bastard, that would have been awesome and a great addition to the random shots section, you he-man woman hater.... You know I would have been right out front snapping away.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at Aug 27,2004 4:21pm
this was a good show but the only thing that sucked is the vocals for every band. you could hear them at all especially martyr ad.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Aug 27,2004 11:43pm
oh man, Martyr AD's new cd is just so full of breakdowns rev. I like it a lot, but its one of those cd's you almost laugh at when the go into breakdowns. Its just one of those fun ones to listen to. But predictable breakdowns like no other.

toggletoggle post by P-TownHardcore at Sep 1,2004 1:43pm
Muscle City needs to hire someone to do sound. I paid money to go to a show were i couldnt even hear half the band. Great!!!!! :(

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem in maine at Sep 1,2004 11:35pm
the_reverend said:
amaranthus: ...I wish I could have heard the vocals more.

no you dont

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 2,2004 1:58am
I've heard a few people say that they didn't like the vocals on the demo either.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem in maine at Sep 2,2004 2:11am
i dunno. i used to hang out with that kid for awhile when the band was forming. his whole goal for vocals was to copy ALOL from their demos and since then added some dani filth screams or something awful. all i know is he's the downfall of the band really.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 2,2004 2:22am
whoah... I don't hear that AT ALL.
it's more like trying to copy umbrella.. which no one can do.
the back up vocals remind me of someone trying to do power metal vocals,
but not being able to put their whole heart into it cause they are too busy paying attention to their guitar playing.

this band is still amazingly tight at what they do and I guess practiced for a year before "unveiling" themselves.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Dismembered Carcinogenic Misanthropia
[default homepage] [print][3:05:23am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.04177 secs/23 queries]
[search][refresh page]