New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SUNDAY Sept 5th//ED GEIN, ANODYNE, ALAWALWAD, BLACKTAIL by JonahBloodbath on Aug 23,2004 1:01pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Sep 5, 2004 The BCCA (Brookline, Ma)
anodyne - 2004-09-05
Anodyne(73)
flash animated slider show
as_long_as_were_all_living_were_all_dying - 2004-09-05
As Long As Were All Living Were All Dying(52)
ed_gein - 2004-09-05
Ed Gein(55)
randomshots - 2004-09-05
Randomshots(8)
the_heuristic - 2004-09-05
The Heuristic(58)
toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 23,2004 1:01pm

September 5th the mighty 3 piece grindcore/techmetal outfit Ed Gein rolls into Boston with 3 piece noisecore bandits Anodyne in tow. These bands are incredible live. Please check them out.

Sunday September 5th:
Ed Gein (3 piece tech madness, black market activities)
Mp3: http://Boston.kicks-ass.org/TDB/Showmp3s/Edgein-WillieLoman.MP3

Anodyne (Chaotic noisy off kilter hardcore, level plane)
Mp3: http://www.anodynehq.com/main/content/mp3/anodyne_luckysky.mp3

As long as we're all living, we're all dying (2 piece metallic hardcore)
Mp3: http://boston.kicks-ass.org/TDB/Masteredsongs/Premonitions.MP3

Blacktail (Slow moving, heavy hitting atmospheric thunderness)
Mp3: http://www.fightforrock.com/t7music/Blacktail/big%20boned.mp3

@The BCCA, 14 Green st, Brookline MA
(Coolidge corner, right near the theater)
$6, or $5 if you either:
A. bring a can of veggie friendly food for FNB or
B. register to vote at the show
7:00 in the evening
WWW.TDBRECORDS.COM 4 Info
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Venue:
The BCCA Is a community center that mostly hosts dance classes and local school events. People who come to these shows NEED to be chill. NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING, NO FIGHTING. Come, be cool, support a new place and do something positive. Register to vote and support Food not bombs Boston.

You can get to the BCCA by taking the 66 Bus and getting off in front of Walgreens in Coolidge Corner or taking the Green line C train and getting off at the Coolidge Corner stop. The venue is across from Peets coffee. Bloodbathrecords @ aol.com for more info.

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 24,2004 2:34am
get psyched

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 24,2004 2:41am
i already am. ed gein destroys.

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 24,2004 11:18am
glad to hear it

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 24,2004 12:11pm
sweetness!

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 25,2004 10:01pm

If anyone wants to be super super awesome and print out the flyer to put up at local record stores or whatever, here is the high rez version: http://boston.kicks-ass.org/TDB/flyers/edgeinhighrez.jpg

toggletoggle post by jonah in western mass at Aug 29,2004 2:55am
bump

toggletoggle post by gonzofiles   at Aug 29,2004 2:55am
help us find a drummer

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 29,2004 9:51pm
come to the show and hand out flyers..

toggletoggle post by tbone_r (nsi) at Aug 29,2004 11:23pm
hey jonah, i signed up to vote when i went to the horse the band show...am i all set now? did it go through?

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 29,2004 11:32pm
I actually haven't dropped off the forms yet, I wanted to wait until the ed gein show to do it. I'll let you know how it goes though.

Its awesome you registered, I wish more people would at least check out the form and see it isn't that complicated..

toggletoggle post by gonzofiles   at Aug 30,2004 12:48am
i have no money for shows.....well i have no money in general, no job = no money otherwise i'd be at the show

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Aug 31,2004 12:46pm
bump

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 31,2004 1:11pm
I'm going.

also, I love NH cause you can register at the polls!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Aug 31,2004 3:39pm
i'm going as well

bumpy bump

ps: i can't vote

<3

toggletoggle post by jonah at Sep 4,2004 5:23pm
super psyched. come support the first (or second?) stop on the ed gein/anodyne tour.

succubus, you a felon? fess up..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2004 3:02pm
carina can vote.
in commie elections.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2004 3:53pm
leaving in 15 minutes to get grasshoppers first.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 5,2004 3:59pm
i'm not an american citizen

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 5,2004 4:03pm
we watched this movie called The Year of the Gun on a bus in Peru, interesting. Sharon Stone has some cool sex scenes in it.

toggletoggle post by TYAG at Sep 5,2004 4:10pm
my drummer and i (Devon) are coming were bringing some of our friends too! hopefully we find it ok, i should know i fucking go to school in brookline. cya there!

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon  at Sep 6,2004 12:21am
amazing show!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2004 12:49am
I just got in.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2004 1:09am
pictures are uploading now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2004 1:10am
my #1 quote from this show "he meant the kind of AIDS that only girls get"
*looks around at everyone staring*
"I'm talking loud aren't I"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2004 2:43am
the heuristic: since black tie dropped off, they jumped on at the last minute, using other people's equipment, they swung their instruments around. they talked a bunch about their tour and how they got hit by the full wrath of mother nature in florida (twice!). oh and the shirts! holy cow. I want one. they have embroided lettering which is super bad. it's just like the stickers if you've seen them.

as long as were all living were all dying: definitly a alawalwal crowd in effect tonight. jonah put on this show (like so many other shows in the area that are awesome). he seemed a bit out of sorts with his drums. they set seemed really short. though if you want short.. listen to those new songs! so short. they ended with their bling, burn alston... burn...

anodyne: if you haven't seen these guys yet, you are missing out on a lot. it's doomy, punky, and just plan bad-ass. they own the room when come on. a lot of times, it seems that people are speechless seeing them. at some point, I would love to see these guys play with conifer, ocean, and today is the day. that would be the show. I would love to have the singer of bongzilla do a guest back up on one of their tracks. I think his scream in the back of anodyne would own (like jacob convege behind dirty rob in ramallah).

ed gein: wow... they got their van broken into AGAIN! WTF!?! time for them to get a gaurd dog.. or alarm system.. or something that protects that thing... I mean, they say they got robbed (once stealing the whole van/trailer) 5 times in the passed year! anyhow, they played a short, but good thread. I think the drummer messed up on one of the last songs, but I was a little too busy snapping away. their new songs (for a release on BMA) sound good, but I think they do less of the "three vocal layers" on the new tracks. it's pretty bad ass when they are all screaming at the same time.

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon  at Sep 6,2004 8:58am
man was it hot in there!!!!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 6,2004 9:06am
wow I finally found a band name worse than my own....Ed Gein?? cmon.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 6,2004 9:08am
its like smuckers...with a name like ed gein, they have to be good.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 6,2004 12:24pm
thanks for letting us play jonah, and thanks for fancy picture taking aaron. we an see about getting you one of those fancy shirts.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 6,2004 12:30pm
i remember when i used to goto shows like this. nothing much has changed, dirty looks from dirty kids. still had fun though.

the heurisitc: thought they played a pretty good set, but then i remembered that i was too much of a """""""tuffguy hardcore"""""""" kid to appreciate it so I went and listened to hatebreed while i flexed my muscles in the bathroom mirror.

as long as... : probably my favorite band of the night. i haven't seen a 2 man band since the original Ascendancy lineup. it was pretty interesting to watch.

anodyne: i was promised a misfits cover.

ed gein: a 3 man band that took longer than Spinal Tap to set up...i dunno.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 6,2004 12:31pm

nice shirt over there on the left. hahah.

toggletoggle post by George   at Sep 6,2004 1:19pm
mike for some reason last night i thought you were this kid steve who i used to know, which is why i didn't say hello and probably gave you a "i think i know you, but i'm not going to talk to you" kind of look.
i'm also very tired and sick. i was supposed to work last night and instead i called in and luckly got added on last min, im also calling in sick today.
so in summary, i apologize, i thought you were somebody else.

toggletoggle post by the heuristic (mike) at Sep 6,2004 3:22pm
xmikex. sorry youre still sore about that. lets just forget the whole thing and we can go crack skulls at ozzfest.

in all seriousness dude, i was totally being sarcastic when i made the hatebreed comment. anyone who still dances at shows (and dosent clobber 14 year old girls) is ok in my book.

toggletoggle post by jonah at Sep 6,2004 3:51pm
well, the good news is the show went without incident and the music was pretty top notch, the bad news is i lost over $100 putting it on. but shit happens. I dont understand why the turnout was so bad, i honestly feel like ed gein is one of the best bands i've ever booked. they we're so solid.

anyway, more good news is that I was asked to join the staff at the center. we still have to work out the details but they want me to start booking shows weekly. look forward to a shit storm of metal/hardcore/punk/indie rock/whatever shows.

thanks to everyone that came to rock out and everyone that played. I don't think we played very well but again, shit happens. party hard.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Sep 6,2004 3:54pm
i would have gone but i cant drive and most of the people i hang out with are too lazy to do anything

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 6,2004 4:21pm
the heuristic said:
xmikex. sorry youre still sore about that. lets just forget the whole thing and we can go crack skulls at ozzfest.

in all seriousness dude, i was totally being sarcastic when i made the hatebreed comment. anyone who still dances at shows (and dosent clobber 14 year old girls) is ok in my book.

i don't even remember you making a hatebreed comment.

toggletoggle post by George   at Sep 6,2004 6:59pm
hahahahahahahaha

mike is actually refering to my friend alex, who is actually to the right of me in the picture with the brown pumas and shaved head. a while ago mike said something about how he was doing spinkicks during our set.
again, confusion.
again, in conclusion, the heuristic loves xmikex and i will give you a big ambiguous hug next time i see you

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 6,2004 7:46pm
i was actually referring to this.... http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=6121#66280

which was posted, more or less right after i stopped jamming with you guys, so you could see how i would feel it was directed at me. it was pretty obvious that me being who i am, and you guys being who you are that things weren't going to work out with me on vocals. but i felt i was pretty decent to you guys and didn't need to be labeled a meathead by kids i hardly know. i just don't appreciate things like that.

so thats what i meant with my comment. i don't really have a problem with you guys. if i did you would have known it already.

toggletoggle post by jonah at Sep 6,2004 9:18pm
a couple other things:

mike: thanks
Rev/carina: thanks so much for the photos, I really appreciate what you guys do. its awesome.
everyone else that came: sorry for the silly security stuff. that wont happen at most (any?) of my other shows.
the people that tried to register to vote: your names/information got lost! PLEASE email me with your addresses bloodbathrecords @ aol.com

toggletoggle post by the heuristic (mike) at Sep 6,2004 10:12pm
shit man, i didnt even know it was you posting this! there are no bad feelings at all. that comment wasnt aimed at anyone, really. you were a really cool guy. sorry for the confusion.

toggletoggle post by luke   at Sep 6,2004 10:23pm
i'm so bummed i missed this show. i found out about it when i went online at about 10 o clock sunday night after getting back from ohio. hahah. oh well. i love ed gein.

toggletoggle post by jonah at Sep 7,2004 12:04am
they might come back in spring.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 12,2004 10:56pm

toggletoggle post by George   at Sep 13,2004 12:02am
the heuristic pictures look really good, except they're too dark. =/

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 13,2004 7:04am
wow...i was telling aaron how disappointed i was and that they were probably some of my worst pics ever :(
but thanks

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Sep 13,2004 2:23pm
they look rad! don't be down on yourself.. I really like some of the more yellow-ey abstract ones with the light flairs in the background..

thanks so much for shooting and posting the pics, I'm gonna post the link around and try and get people to check out your site..

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 13,2004 2:27pm
thanks Jonah

did you like playing with my camera?

how did yer pics turn out?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 13,2004 2:37pm
jonah jumps headfirst into 2002

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Sep 13,2004 2:43pm
haha, what aaron?

the camera was AWESOME. I haven't been online in a while but i'll try and upload my pics later..

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon  at Sep 13,2004 2:44pm
the girl holding the water bottle is pretty sexy!

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Sep 13,2004 3:33pm
george?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 13,2004 3:38pm
hahahahaha

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hemorrhaging Orchestral Damned
[default homepage] [print][2:30:12pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.04833 secs/23 queries]
[search][refresh page]