New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> a metal fest question... by thegreatspaldino on Mar 17,2003 3:30am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Mar 17,2003 3:30am
how come there is never any fucking power metal there? its either death and hardcrap... we need more METAL. more black, more doom, more progressive, more power, more goth (the goth that is more like doom metal), more thrash... not everything has to be mosh material ya know. i'd kill to have rhapsody or labyrinth play at metal fest. im tired of the lack of diversity at the fest. it wouldnt kill them to get more types of metal and stuff...

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 17,2003 9:13am
i totally agree with you. i cant even go to the metalfest because its so bland now, all the bands are the same.
i made a post a few days ago about that, but regarding the other end of the hardcore spectrum

but DRI is playing this year, I was surprised to see that
but to cancel them out they got killswitch engage and unearth

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 17,2003 11:18am
in the passed they had Man o war and Overkill.
I wish overkill would play. they are so awesome live.

Also, I consider Nevermoore to be power metal. I wish they would get Nocturnal Rites to play.

I agree with the same old same old comment. Granted, there are a ton of bands that I like who are playing, but I would like to see a lot more variety with all the shows. Last year, what was the shining momment? Overcsat playing. They need to do something like that, other wise, it's just another long ass concert. I think Joe/cn is totally right on his post about hardcore too. the only thing close to hc is the takeover. They should have had terror or done some sort of crazy old school reunion. Or king diamond. Or Helloween. Or Integrity. Or something that sticks out and will make you remember this coming nemhf.

right now, the highlight for me is caliban.

toggletoggle post by arghoslent  at Mar 17,2003 7:01pm
dont like it dont go, listen to manowar - hail and kill at home

toggletoggle post by exhumed4death  at Mar 17,2003 7:52pm
i really dont think theres much death metal at all, if u ask me, or at least not much good death metal. the metal fest is pretty good, the only problem i see is it could be so much BETTER. but oh well im gonna have a good time with the bands playing anyway, and its never gonna appeal perfectly to everyones tastes, so just deal with it and enjoy

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Mar 18,2003 4:58pm
im going and i plan on enjoying it... i would just like to see more diversity like the MMF and new jersey metal meltdown (which should all metal but had hardcore there and thats gay) but yeah... more power please!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 18,2003 7:01pm
um... you've never been to a MMF have you? It was the worst thing ever.
53 bands one day, 73 the other day, horrible some 80% of the bands are only there cause their family paid the $1000 for them to get on the stage

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Ceremonial Loyal Devil
[default homepage] [print][1:06:06pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01291 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]