New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Slayer and their poor opening bands by JoeDavolla on Aug 19,2004 3:38pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by JoeDavolla  at Aug 19,2004 3:38pm
Im gonna bitch about how much Slayer's openers have sucked since 2001 GHUA tour through now(applies only to USA tours).I dont wanna see anymore Nu/Tough-guy/Jump da Fuck up/ shitmetal bands opening for Slayer anymore!!! Let the whining begin....

toggletoggle post by Lincoln at Aug 19,2004 3:40pm
Last time I saw Slayer was in 90 or 91 on the Clash of the Titans tour....the openers did not suck.

toggletoggle post by Lincoln at Aug 19,2004 3:40pm
Yes I don't get out much......

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 19,2004 3:41pm
well, this time around, isnt killswitch and mastodon opening the tour? both of those bands are neither nu/toughguy or 'jump da fuck up.'

toggletoggle post by vivi at Aug 19,2004 3:42pm
killswitch is awful. im not too familiar with mastodon.

toggletoggle post by Siberian at Aug 19,2004 3:42pm
Yuppers, and I'm working right now to try to get this tour to VT. I've got the venue and the money......

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 19,2004 3:44pm
damn you and your vermont.

toggletoggle post by Siberian at Aug 19,2004 3:47pm
VT rules.

toggletoggle post by Arrik_ at Aug 19,2004 3:53pm
Hahaha!!..Well, not many bands measure up to SLAYER.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 19,2004 3:53pm
mastodon is getting high profile tours. the posers are attaching themselves firmly to mastodon's nutsacks as we speak. i'm having a real problem with posers these days. i wish i could get myself back in the mindset of caring only what i listen to and ignoring the posers. i can't help it though. i hate seeing the posers infiltrating the music i like. it's making me miserable and all i do is complain about it to people. i need a new perspective on the whole thing.

toggletoggle post by JoeDavolla  at Aug 19,2004 4:00pm
Hey Lincoln,the COTT Titan tour was 14 years ago.I was 13 at the time and was just gettin into Slayer.Saw them for the first time in Nov 2001 in Boston.I believe Shitbreed opened for them.I wanna see another Old School Thrash band play with Slayer.Either Exodus,Kreator,Sodom,or Testament would be cool.

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Aug 19,2004 4:26pm
mastodon is supposed to be extremely good live. i have lifesblood and remission and theyre both killer albums. i'd just rather see, as you said, another thrash band with slayer.

toggletoggle post by Lincoln at Aug 19,2004 4:31pm
Was it? Yeah I was like 13 and it was my first show.....my first time getting drunk too so I dunno who the fuck opened for them.....I though I was watching Alice in Chains....HAHAHAHA!!!!

toggletoggle post by STORMING WITH MENACE! at Aug 19,2004 5:43pm
Lincoln,
it WAS Alice in Chains, then Megadeth, then Slayer and then Anthrax (atleast that was the order in Mansfield, MA at Great Woods) it was July 1991, I was 21. The 3 main bands rotated positions each night of the tour. I cant remember who opened on the Hell Awaits tour in 85, but in 86 and 88 it was definetly OVERKILL!!!!!
Joe Davolla is right though, the last time a real band worthy of such an opportunity opened for Slayer was February 1991 when TestAmenT opened for them (Orpheum Theatre; Boston) Since then its been SHIT band after SHIT band!!
I really wish those guys would try to help out some of the old school bands who are trying to make a comeback like EXODUS, NUCLEAR ASSAULT and DEATH ANGEL. Ive been going to Slayer shows late for years now. Its against my religion to sit through shitty bands like sick of it all and as Joe Davolla said "shitbreed" LOL
Nothings changed with this years Jager tour either.
As Triumph the insult comic dog said: "kill switch engage is a good band .........................FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!"

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 19,2004 6:03pm
Mastodon doesn't really impess me. They are good, surely. However, their music seems sort of...well.....anticlimactic to say the least.

There doesn't seem to be any build up or explosions in the songs. They just seem to drone on. I own Lifesblood and never really listen to it.

I tried.....but to no avail. They are surely talented but their approach to writing is what I don't care for.

Oh well....opinions are like assholes.......

Slayer does however....rule.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Aug 19,2004 6:24pm
i've only seen Slayer once. on the Tattoo the Earth 2000 Tour at Giant's Stadium. it was Sepultura, Sevendust, Slayer, Slipknot (what's with all the "S" bands?) and Metallica. now what i don't understand is why Sepultura was before Sevendust and why Slayer was before Slipknot???

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Aug 19,2004 6:42pm
Blue said:
well, this time around, isnt killswitch and mastodon opening the tour? both of those bands are neither nu/toughguy or 'jump da fuck up.'

Killswitch engage is nu-metalcore and parts, from what I remember, are written to fall into the tough guy metalcore sound.
But what do I know, they do have touches of grindcore like Slipknot, according to someone from NY.

toggletoggle post by the taste of cigarettes (dude) at Aug 19,2004 6:42pm
uh

I don't know if anyone has said this yet,

but have you heard God Hates Us All???

basically GET THE FUCK UP nu Metal Shit.

Slayer has fucking sucked since a few years ago, no wonder they play with shit bands.

Metallica also bites my dick now...but then again I really like And Justice For All.. and the Black Album.

however, I'm sorry, make fun of me if you will, but the most recent Ozzy Osbourne record, or at least the one that came out around when GHUA for Slayer was released, was AWESOME, as metal as ever.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Aug 19,2004 6:47pm
i definately wouldn't say the new ozzy is as metal as ever but it's decent. yea i'm not a fan of the new slayer either.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Aug 19,2004 6:59pm
so when is Slayer supposed to tour with Mastodon?

i will go to every new england date if they play together.

toggletoggle post by JoeDavolla  at Aug 19,2004 7:07pm
Why hasnt anyone mentioned Slayer bringing another old school Thrash band on the road with them.Who here likes Thrash Metal besides me and STM?? Raise your hands

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Aug 19,2004 7:14pm
i heard mastodon on some on demand shit the other day
not bad
i agree with hoser, there isnt much of a climax put in when they play
i respect them though

toggletoggle post by JoeDavolla  at Aug 19,2004 7:32pm
Anyone?? Anyone??

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Aug 19,2004 7:46pm
do u like anything besides thrash? you know new music has come out since 1989

toggletoggle post by Paul FOD at Aug 19,2004 8:12pm
what the fuck is so good about slayer anyways?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 19,2004 8:59pm
EVERYFUCKINGTHING

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Aug 19,2004 9:36pm
uh oh someone set off Hoser again.

toggletoggle post by damn it at Aug 19,2004 10:13pm
you cant compare slayer to metallica....cant do it

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Aug 19,2004 10:35pm
I like thrash, i also went to that tatoo the earth thing in 2000 , no Metallica though.

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi187   at Aug 19,2004 10:40pm
Paul FOD said:
what the fuck is so good about slayer anyways?

Show No Mercy
Haunting The Chapel
Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood

der......

toggletoggle post by damn it at Aug 19,2004 10:51pm
seasons, south of heaven, divine intervention?

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Aug 20,2004 12:40pm
my hand is raised

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][9:40:22pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01770 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]