New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I am absolutely dead serious: Who wants to get together and record an album of video game cover songs? by TheGreatSpaldino on Aug 18,2004 8:35am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Aug 18,2004 8:35am
I have always believe that game music has the greatest and most memorable melodies ever so i was just thinking "i want to hear what these songs would sound like, played by real instruments, in a metal kind of way, without butchering the song of course..."

so yes, I am in the market for:
a guitarist (or two... but since it would be an album, i only need one... but two would be sick because i owuld love to play atleast one live show)
drummer (you must be able to play power metal style galloping double bass and the likes, although i have a drummer in mind...)
and most importantly... a SYNTH player. yes, i NEED a synth player in order to retain that video game feel and atmosphere... plus driving synth lines fucking rule.

so please... anyone that would be interested in getting together to practice about 40-50 minutes worth of video game music, for an album (which i have a studio to record at) please get in touch with me somehow

email = spalding138@yahoo.com
AIM = scaldinspaldin

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Aug 18,2004 9:06am
also... the album is going to be 70% megaman2/megaman X1,2,4,5,6 music

toggletoggle post by christraper at Aug 18,2004 9:36am
ill do anything from castlevania

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 18,2004 10:11am
ill buy every cd.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 18,2004 10:30am
I'm addicted to r00tage now you fagg0t

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Aug 18,2004 10:52am
hmmmm how many video game songs did phantomas cover?

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Aug 18,2004 10:54am

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:09pm
Right now I'm downloading Megaman 2, Ninja Gaiden, the live video of Megaman 2, and the live audio for Ninja Gaiden.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:14pm
Whoa, the Ninja Gaiden one is awesome.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:19pm
Whoa man!! Airman is in the Megaman 2 one. I've always wanted to hear instruments do this.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:20pm
Fuck, at the part where it goes crazy they just kind of make instrument noise.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:22pm
Now Bubbleman.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:22pm
Flashman

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:24pm
Boss music

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:24pm
Victory

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:25pm
Wily stage select

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:25pm
Wily level

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:26pm
End theme

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 18,2004 12:34pm
Wow, my 12th uninterrupted post. Almost makes me feel special.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Aug 18,2004 6:39pm
WhyamIandasshole said:

no... it hasnt... the minibosses are mediocre and their drummer blows as well as their bassist having the shittiest bass tone ever. they also play all of the songs in the same tempo... i mean... wily stage 1 from MM2 is like half the speed it is in the game. i want to do a true to the original METAL cover of music... and not even just NES... genesis, SNES, playstation, ps2, saturn, dreamcast, neogeo... blah blah blah... i hate all of these game bands only doing nintendo. fuck them.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Aug 18,2004 6:41pm
oh... and mm2 wily stages 3-5 would sound nasty with real instruments.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Aug 18,2004 8:40pm
if you think you could compete with these guys....

NESkimos

toggletoggle post by moran   at Aug 18,2004 8:59pm
I wish I was a better guitarist, I would totally do it.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 18,2004 9:02pm
NESkimos are cool, but they got a horrible guitar sound.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Aug 18,2004 9:05pm
anybody ever heard of a game called river city randsom for NES, that was a bad ass game and it had a sick soudtrack!

toggletoggle post by iren_the_viking   at Aug 18,2004 11:46pm
CONTRA!!!!

toggletoggle post by iren_the_viking   at Aug 18,2004 11:49pm
I would love to cover the contra theme from the original, castlevania and megaman tunes would be sick too

i'm down for it irentheviking@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 19,2004 12:02am
My_Dying_Bride said:
anybody ever heard of a game called river city randsom for NES, that was a bad ass game and it had a sick soudtrack!

Yes!! That game is really really awesome, but it does get old. However, yes, the soundtrack is great, I especially like the song for the boss fights.

toggletoggle post by Korpse-l- at Aug 19,2004 7:29am
i have this clip of this japanese guy doing some sick mario guitar but i can't figure out how to post it?

toggletoggle post by bwahrtrons at Aug 19,2004 7:59am
well if you think about it dragonforce is the original video game metal band, they say "we started playing together because of video game music the melodies kicked ass so we drew infleuence from that.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Aug 19,2004 10:40am
TheGreatSpaldino said:
WhyamIandasshole said:

no... it hasnt... the minibosses are mediocre and their drummer blows as well as their bassist having the shittiest bass tone ever. they also play all of the songs in the same tempo... i mean... wily stage 1 from MM2 is like half the speed it is in the game. i want to do a true to the original METAL cover of music... and not even just NES... genesis, SNES, playstation, ps2, saturn, dreamcast, neogeo... blah blah blah... i hate all of these game bands only doing nintendo. fuck them.

I dont know man, that a tough argument to make. I saw them at the Middle East this year and they blew me away.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Aug 19,2004 12:27pm
If I didn't suck so much at guitar I would.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Aug 19,2004 12:41pm
Korpse-l- said:
i have this clip of this japanese guy doing some sick mario guitar but i can't figure out how to post it?

http://returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=6963#77821

toggletoggle post by ieatpeople4god@library at Aug 19,2004 7:21pm
shaniqua is way down we've been practicing "dear mario this is your brother luigi" lyrics= "mario is a fucking cunt, mario is a fucking slut..." it's a medley of all the songs from SMB 1,2,and 3. drums, keyboards, guitars. weve also got metroid, kid icarus, dragon warrior, ghosts and goblins, zelda 1 & 2 plus many more. check out "estradasphere" they do the jazz fusion video game covers.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Aug 19,2004 9:08pm
NERD ALERT!!

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Aug 20,2004 2:26am
i have a jazz fusion arranged soundtrack of megaman X... its so amazing because you can barely tell what songs are what unless you are a true game music nerd.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Obscured by Slutty Doppelganger
[default homepage] [print][8:45:13am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01683 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]