New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> the metal and hardcore festival by Joe/NotCommon on Mar 14,2003 12:49pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 14,2003 12:49pm
how come the metal and hardcore festival never has hardcore bands?
i mean real hardcore, not mall metal fag rock like unearth, killswitch engage, blood has been shed and boring nonsense like that?

I want to see kill your idols, awkward thought, agnostic front, blood for blood, gang green, the freeze and real hardcore to be put on that show

that mixed with real metal would be awesome

but I can't stand listening to the same rehashed bullshit all day long just to see the haunted and cephalic carnage

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 14,2003 1:04pm
AF broke up, and so did gang green. blood for blood only does 1 show every 9 months. i agree with you on the metalcore thing. im really sick of sitting through 100 bands that all sound like skycamefalling. i didn't even like sitting through skycamefalling. but it is a buisness, and all the kids who have popped up over the last few years and claiming to be part of the "scene" are all into this NU mix of halfassed metal meets really cheap hardcore meets emo meets JUDJUDJUDJUDJUDJUD mastery of the E chord breakdowns. pure crap.

then again i can't really say alot for the selection of metal bands either...."Noctuary", i didn't give a shit the first 8 times I saw them and I don't care now. Pessimist is probably one of the worst bands i've ever heard, along with everything off lost disciple. Theres always a few good metal bands and then the rest of the day is packed full of useless filler bands that are just pathetic ripoffs of dissection, cannibal corpse, skinless or all of the above. I would kill to hear an original metal band.

oh yeah, and Super Joint Ritual.....WHAT THE FUCK?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 14,2003 1:05pm
oh yeah and put in flames on that ripoff list as well.

toggletoggle post by yuckfou at Mar 14,2003 2:51pm
so i guess that means that the "scene" is only like 3 or 4 jaded fucks...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 14,2003 3:28pm
i guess it means that you're stupid and i have no idea what you're even trying to say.

toggletoggle post by xericx   at Mar 14,2003 3:29pm
they should have Sworn Enemy play metal fest right xmikex?@!!?!

toggletoggle post by arghoslent  at Mar 14,2003 4:18pm
pessimist - wretched of the earth rules, pretty original sounding as well

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 14,2003 4:52pm
If there was hardcore on the fest, Id like to see strife. Everything else pretty much sucks. Unearth is decent, Buz is a killer guitar player. Though I don't like their drummer, and vocalist much.

Have the hardcore bands on that Skate Fest. Should just be METAL-FEST.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 16,2003 2:15pm
actually, for the record, GANG GREEN is back together and doing shows
and i know that blood for blood rarely plays
but as long as you see my point
even if one was to enjoy metalcore, they have to admit that having metalfest be like 90% metalcore is kinda boring

they should get BELIEVER the ultimate ozzy experience to play

that would be fun

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 16,2003 2:31pm
hah Lost Disciple. I think its a prerequisite to have no ambition nor motivation to be on that label.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 16,2003 8:07pm
yeah and you have to graduate from the Burial school of Laziness and Uselessness. Lesson one "ugh, do we HAVE to play a show?!"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][10:57:58pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.00964 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]