Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Virulence(?) by El Justin on Aug 16,2004 12:40am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by El Justin at Aug 16,2004 12:40am
Does anyone here have any info on that band Virulence? All I know so far is that they are/were from Boston and they got some dudes from Pillory in them. I am just discovering them now and they rule.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks dudes.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 16,2004 12:42am
they are now pillory... sort of.

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Aug 16,2004 12:46am
They have been broken up for over a year now. The bassist from Pillory was their vocalist and the drummer from Goratory and Pillory was their drummer prior to the breakup. The newer c.d. is out on Morbid Records but I personally dig the first c.d. alot more. Apparently they had issues with a member but I don't know the story nevermind the fact that it wouln't be my place to tell it. Hell of a band though!!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Aug 16,2004 1:11am
Darren and Chris are in Pillory with myself, Marcos, and Dan. Dave is setting up his own recording studio (where the Pillory disc is being recorded) and also playing in a band called "those who wait". It's post-hardcore melodic rock type stuff. Chris was the singer, Dave was the bassist, and Darren was the drummer on the second CD.

I myself am a huge virulence fan, which is one of the main reasons I jumped at the chance to sing for Pillory. It is rumoured that Chris might still have some CD's floating around, but after repeatedly trying to get him to hook me up, I think you'd need to inflict some serious pain on him to get one. Maybe the next time we come down, you can take him down to where they slaughtered the pigs and work him over a bit.

MUCOPUS ROCK! Those guys are some of the nicest, friendliest guys I ever met. Thanks for hooking us up with such a great place to stay, and such a good time while we were down there. Without you, I woulda had to smell some nasty drummer funk the whole ride to Vermont.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 16,2004 8:43pm
i found "dormant strains" for 1 dollar at newbury comics. one of the best purchases i have ever made.

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Aug 16,2004 8:46pm
killer band

toggletoggle post by Paul FOD at Aug 16,2004 11:06pm
Virulence was simple the best band from boston ever. Dormant strains killed when it first came out. A conflict scenerio was probably the most technical, twisted and original death metal/fusion cd to ever come out. This band played a huge influence on my playing and my look at music in general. Live was even more intense for these guys. So tight and so brutal it was amazing. IF you like virulence I suggest you also check out "incarrion" that was nicks band prior to virulence I believe. The guitar work for incarrion is also amazing. Rev I like pillory but I wouldnt even call them a new Virulence. Id say they are a different style very intense but not as vile or interesting as virulence. El Justin good luck finding the virulence discs. I believe roger from mortician has a few copies of Dormant strains for sale and im sure you might be able to find A conflict scenerio from some distro maybe razorback records? But if you find those BUY THEM.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][5:37:24am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00821 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]