"1) Demon possession. There is no homosexual demon or any demon of that nature. It’s a lie and silly one at that.
2) Homosexuality is designed to break up the black family. No, ignorance and bigotry causes the problems in the family. A true loving family looks beyond someone’s sexuality or gender, and remains loving and supportive.
3) You can be delivered from homosexuality through prayer. Nope, you can’t pray the gay away, but you will waste a lot of time on your knees.
4) Find someone of the opposite sex to chase away “those feelings”. That doesn’t work. Why would you force yourself to be with someone you are not attracted to?
5) Lack of a father figure leads to homosexuality. That’s a huge myth; many LGBT people come from a two-parent household.
6) Sexual abuse is the cause of homosexuality. … Please.
7) The Bible says it’s a sin. Okay, if we’re going to play that game the Bible also says being drunk is a sin and debating is a sin. Hell, they’re over 600 sins. If you are going to pick just one, you have to pick them all.
8) You are a broken person if you are gay, trans or lesbian. Donnie McClurkin preaches to his church members that we are broken, and we will never be whole until we give up our homosexuality. This is also a lie. By being honest and open, we are completely whole and true to ourselves.
9) Homosexuality is a curse. Really? It’s not a spell from a wicked queen. It’s who we are; it’s who we’re meant to be.
10) You will burn in Hell. I can’t imagine burning in Hell for being yourself or sharing your life with someone you love. If this is so wrong, how can we be capable of love?
As a new generation rises, I hope the ignorance and bigotry within the black church dies. Black Christians have to realize these lies can do more harm than good."
oh, hey, white churches tell the exact same lies
it's like the entire Christian religion is a bunch of made-up garbage or something, and black Christians aren't special at all