New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Anyone else planning to grow WEED indoors in MA/ME or have tips? by susurrate on Nov 14,2016 9:52am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by susurrate at Nov 14,2016 9:52am
With the impending legalization in MA/ME and how it goes into effect on December 15th, I plan on exercising my ability to grow up to 6 plants for personal use. Small closet grow.

Anyone else thinking about doing the same? It can be quite expensive, but I'm going to attempt a budget grow with a small grow tent, small circulation fan, led grow-light, and can-filter equipped with carbon to remove all odor that exits the tent (as the air would have to go into my home as i don't have a convenient place to install an exhaust to the outdoors.) don't know if i'll get into the hydroponic thing right yet due to financial limitations in what i want to put into this as a beginner.

If anyone here has any tips to get the bare minimum of grow-potential going, i'd love to hear it. i'm well versed in outdoor gardening but know zero about indoor growing- only experience i have is sprouting and growing stuff on my porch with a large veg light in spring for transplanting.

toggletoggle post by Led's are gayer than zircon at Nov 14,2016 11:11am
Use a flouro for veg, use a small HPS for flower. You can get small, 150/300watt hps lights that don't throw too much heat. Just ventilate well and have a good fan. The 150 watt lights have the ballast built right in so they don't take up much space at all.

Use organic soil. Hydro is a fire hazard right off if you don't know what you're doing, the weed tastes harsher unless you're a pro, and it's just more complicated in general for a first time grow.

Look into a PH meter for soil and water. Very important to keep the PH in check. A lot of people ignore it and the plants will suffer and not uptake nutrients properly.

You won't get shit for yield with led's. They're just not powerful enough and a waste. They are a good addition to other equipment, but won't yield shit on they're own. HPS all day.

toggletoggle post by Susurrate at Nov 14,2016 11:40am
thanks for the info. i have a nice double- fluoro for veg at home that i use every spring so it's good to know i can start with that for the v process. do you know how hot HPS actually run in an isolated environment? i understand having a fan situation is a necessity. just curious about the heat, fucking terrified of fires.

PH meter is all set, i have one. good to know about the LED's.

toggletoggle post by Led‘s are gayer than zircon at Nov 14,2016 2:28pm
An HPS will definitely bring up the temp in a small space, but the smaller wattage ones are not nearly as bad as you'd think. I was nervous about heat growing in a small space as well.

This is the first one I ever used..

http://www.htgsupply.com/products/floralux-150-watt-hps-mini-grow-light

I did two, short, bushy plants under it and they yielded a little over 2 ounces. Make sure you have enough height to keep the light at least a foot and a half away from the tops. When you flower the plants you will have an additional stretch of at least a foot. Consider the strain too. Indica are generally smaller, stockier plants. Sativa are more lanky and tall and will stretch more.

The light in the link is a little bigger than a decent size shoe box. For the price it's a good starter light. If you get some small drop lights with some flouro bulbs and add them on the sides for the lower branches you'd do well.

The 150 watt hps replacement bulbs are easy to find as well at Home Depot/Lowe's etc...

toggletoggle post by Susurrate at Nov 14,2016 2:47pm
right on. thanks. i'm more of an indica/ indica leaning hybrid person anyway unless it's a very social situation. little dense indys is probably where i'll start.

toggletoggle post by Get a haircut hippie at Nov 14,2016 6:48pm
You potheads!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2016 7:29pm
I might walk into maine, get high legally and then walk home sideways

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 15,2016 1:10pm
Try doing a grown up drug. There's my tip.

toggletoggle post by Popeye Doyle at Nov 15,2016 1:50pm
Aww now what's this? Grass??

Huh? Now don't you guys know nobody does this stuff anymore? Ehh??

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 16,2016 9:17pm
Just realized growing this shit will cut into my whiskey money, does that make me a liberal?

toggletoggle post by susurrate at Nov 16,2016 10:15pm
MotleyGrue said[orig][quote]
Just realized growing this shit will cut into my whiskey money, does that make me a liberal?

i spent $400 this week on equipment and it's about 1/3 of what i could ideally use in this whole thing for just a few plants. i'm a rather good outdoor gardener- always have far more produce and such than i ever need. but the indoor thing seems a lot more involved- like being a god, overlord, or parent of a species- you must control what constitutes day and night, proper watering, ph testing, proper nutrition, etc. - it appears daunting and expensive.

also finding seeds appears to be a bitch because (unless someone can correct me) - buying seeds online looks sketchy as fuck. i'd be down to buy seeds from a massachusetts based company after december 15, but buying seeds from a state where the crop isn't legal sounds like a disaster waiting to happen with the feds if (in the unlikely case) they focus on the buyer or whatever.

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 16,2016 11:12pm
susurrate said[orig][quote]
MotleyGrue said[orig][quote]

i spent $400 this week on equipment and it's about 1/3 of what i could ideally use in this whole thing for just a few plants. i'm a rather good outdoor gardener- always have far more produce and such than i ever need. but the indoor thing seems a lot more involved- like being a god, overlord, or parent of a species- you must control what constitutes day and night, proper watering, ph testing, proper nutrition, etc. - it appears daunting and expensive.

also finding seeds appears to be a bitch because (unless someone can correct me) - buying seeds online looks sketchy as fuck. i'd be down to buy seeds from a massachusetts based company after december 15, but buying seeds from a state where the crop isn't legal sounds like a disaster waiting to happen with the feds if (in the unlikely case) they focus on the buyer or whatever.

Sharing is caring you bastard (John Cleese accent)

toggletoggle post by susurrate at Nov 16,2016 11:29pm
if and when it happens, sure why not

toggletoggle post by A fair question at Nov 17,2016 8:20am
If you guys mess around with We'd, have you tried They'd or you'd?

Or how about Us'd?

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 17,2016 11:29pm
A%20fair%20question said[orig][quote]
If you guys mess around with We'd, have you tried They'd or you'd?

Or how about Us'd?

How'd bout'd shut up'd fagget

toggletoggle post by olddogwithbadhips at Nov 25,2016 7:52am
lmfao, ya'll are motherfucking noobs!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Shattered Acronichal Heart
[default homepage] [print][11:24:04am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01337 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]