New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Ghost in the Shell: Innocence by TheGreatSpaldino on Jul 24,2004 2:04pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 24,2004 2:04pm
this has to be the most gorgeous animation I have ever seen... and I have seen a lot. I don't know about you guys, but Ghost in the Shell is one of the greatest animes/motion pictures ever and this sequel to it looks like its going to top it. so far, what i can understand of it, it is just as deep as the first one and this one seems to have more of a purpose, storywise. but if this was called "Homo-erotic Fat Guys Fucking Eachother Hard" i would still watch it because the animation and everything is fucking BEAUTIFUL. check out this site and check out the large quicktime trailer... its in japanese but you dont need to understand what is being said to realize that this movie is going to fucking rule once its released over here...

the trailer is like 6 minutes long and has one of the saddest songs ever playing in the background... makes the depth of the movie even more prevelant... http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/main.html

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Jul 24,2004 2:10pm
I don't care much for anime but I've heard OF Ghost in the shell and was told it was rather good.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 24,2004 2:14pm
Ghost int he SHell is one of those movies you have to watch a lot to truly understand and appreciate. so many deep and philosophical points and views being tossed around that its a little too much to swallow at first.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Jul 24,2004 2:20pm
There's never too much for me to swallow.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 24,2004 2:39pm
ghost in the shell, is the greatest anime of all time. The soundtrack is so good, I own it on video and DVD. So fucking good. UGH!! A sequel! Fuck!!!!!111!!11

toggletoggle post by mike_fod at Jul 24,2004 4:07pm
I found Ghost In The Shell to be rather pretentious and bland in a lot of places. It's manga was more in depth than the film offering, but as far as it's animation went, it did look good. I think in a review I read long ago, someone said it was the Blade Runner of anime, but that's not completely accurate compared to Bubblegum Crisis. Hopefully this sequel will be good. I can't say i've seen an anime that's gone above and beyond Evangelion (yet).

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Jul 24,2004 5:21pm
I just finished Evangelion. I still can't stop trying to figure that shit out. Have you ever seen Samuri X? The artwork is amazing, and the storyline is a lot more dark and violent than the Kenshin t.v. series.

Ghost in the Shell is awesome. I'm going to check out that trailer now.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Jul 24,2004 5:40pm
Digi-mon beats all of these.

toggletoggle post by FrancisPman at Jul 24,2004 8:31pm
samurai x was great.

toggletoggle post by FrancisPman at Jul 24,2004 8:32pm
ninja scroll is just a good violent anime with some creative killing.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 24,2004 9:59pm
Fist of the Northstar got it going for me.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 25,2004 1:48am edited Jul 25,2004 1:49am
Ghost in the Shell wasnt an action packed bloodfest... but it had a thick and palpable atmosphere to it that i havent been to find anywhere else... it was a kick right to my ass when i first saw it years ago and it totally expanded my mind to a whole new realm of thought and acceptance. i didnt get why exactly i was altered at first... but the more i watch it, the more i understand how brilliant it was. i cant wait for this sequel.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 25,2004 2:10am
ghost in the shell is the best anime ever.

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Jul 25,2004 11:14am
Ghost in the Shell is way overrated. a pretty boring anime film.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 25,2004 12:55pm
the movie isnt supposed to be a non-stop gorefest people... its deeper than that. sorry if it didnt have people getting shot in the face for an hour and a half straight. maybe you might be interested in Ninja Scroll, Kimera, Wicked City, Spriggan, or something else like them.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 25,2004 3:10pm
you forgot Angel Cop.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 25,2004 3:27pm
cant say i've ever seen it.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 25,2004 3:32pm
its awesome, ridiculously violent too, but awesome story, its like Robocop meets The X-Files. 3 Hours long!

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Jul 25,2004 3:49pm
ninja scroll is great. u dont need ultra violence though. Spirited Away is awesome. I kinda wanna check out Gungrave. Its by the peeps that did Trigun which i loved. gungrave is supposed to be darker and more action oriented though. artwork looks pretty good.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 25,2004 5:37pm
X is awesome too. Has anyone seen Berserk?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 5,2004 11:57pm
what the heck did I just watch?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Oct 6,2004 12:46am
Ghost in the Shell 2 was fucking awesome. 'nuff said.

toggletoggle post by jake at Oct 6,2004 9:03am
yeah the first ghost in the shell was excellent so my expectations are incredibly high for this one. the preview i saw for this had some of the best looking animation i've seen thus far.

speaking of fist of the north star - if you have On Demand, check out the anime network > martial arts. they have an hour long episode of the new fist of the north star. im not sure if the same guys who did the first 30 min episodes are still animating this one because the quality is 100x but for the most part strikingly similar.

unfortunately in the newer 1hr episodes, they chose to leave out the ridiculous FIVE FINGER SPINNING THROAT EXPLODER PUNCH KICK COMBINATION subtitles and what not. still brutal as hell though.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][6:41:59pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.05276 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]