New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> How did YOU come up with YOUR band name? by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Jul 22,2004 1:41am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 22,2004 1:41am
I was thinking about how some things are so isolated, like senses. It occured to me when we cross-reference senses it makes our minds do funny things, and makes us feel peculiar sensations. This is not unlike some of the linguistics work Noam Chomsky did. We didn't want a specific "genre" or "label" on our band, just wanted to be very expressive of feelings and ideas and create more so than write songs.

first I thought "The Taste of Red" but then I was like nah too metal. then I was like "The Taste Of Silver" cause silver is such a shiney, brilliant color. I was like ooooh...then we tossed it around and kept it once Rowan joined and liked it too. I didn't realize it's a metal, too, till later. So sometimes we joke and say we're all about killing werewolves.

now you go.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 22,2004 1:51am
we picked hand choke neck instead of beef.teeth.whopper.
no for real...I came up with hand choke neck, just for a quick name for my side project, that grew into what hand choke neck is now.
we thought about different names, but hcn just stuck, and the guys liked it so, fuck it...even if u dont like the name, ull remember it.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 22,2004 1:54am
I still think it should be My Wrestling Coach

can you mail me a demo? email thetasteofsilver@yahoo.com and I'll send you the address

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 22,2004 1:58am
lol oh ya!! I 4got bout that name...well havta save that one for our 80s band acoustic cover band.
our demo is on our site....thats all we have recorded right now, were going into the studio august 15th.
www.hand-choke-neck.com

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 22,2004 6:53am
my guitarist was on this website full of English words that kinda fell out of use in the language and many people both never used them, and never even heard most of the words. i forgot the name of the site but on that site he saw the word Kalopsia, which means the dillusion that something is more beautiful than it really is, so he used it

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 22,2004 7:03am
I also believe "the taste of silver" in the back of your throat is a symptom for some type of poisoning too

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 22,2004 9:13am
BEEF TEETH WHOPPER!

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Jul 22,2004 10:08am
And still men and women drag out their lives in misery

The nightmare continues

Blinded, disfigured and mentally scarred

toggletoggle post by 3rd_Knuckle at Jul 22,2004 10:43am
we were offered a deal (which we eventually declined) but the label said they hated our name, so we just started randomly looking everywhere for a new one... all we knew was we wanted it to be one word. our guitarist & drummer's sister found it in a thesaurus

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Jul 22,2004 11:37am
diamond_dave said:

The nightmare continues

that is such a fucking great song. i always wondered if thats where you guys got it.

for those dumbasses who dont know what im talking about, thats a DISCHARGE song.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 22,2004 12:24pm
I came up with my old band name, A TRAGEDY UNVEILED in a dream.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Jul 22,2004 1:37pm
we chose deathamphetamine because....speed death

toggletoggle post by silky  at Jul 22,2004 2:42pm
diamond_dave said:

The nightmare continues

discharge fucking rules!!!

toggletoggle post by silky  at Jul 22,2004 2:46pm
pray for a plague was originally an industrial noise project I was working on a few years back. I took tons of samples from some documentaries I had focusing on how people were preparing for the end of the world.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 22,2004 3:30pm
hey 3rd knuckle - what's your band? I would have thought "3rd knuckle" but that's two words.

dave - For some reason I thought you guys got it from the end of the "Nightmare On Elm St" video game, where like you die and then it says "The Nightmare Continues..."

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 22,2004 4:06pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
BEEF TEETH WHOPPER!

ya buddy!!! I was sent three slogans from burger king, and that was one of them...they asked me what the first thing that popped into my head when reading these.
when i read beef teeth whopper, I thought. beef teeth in my whopper.
they didnt use it.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 22,2004 4:28pm
We used to be called Sorcery because well....its a hobby of mine but theres like 8 million other bands in the world called sorcery. One of which is a power metal band from Spain. Obviously a name change was in order so we decided to go with Esuriem.
Esuriem is an ancient Semitic word having to do with werewolves meaning "hunger".
In old folklore its the first of seven reasons why wolves turn to killing humans instead of animals. In this case wolves have discovered that the blood of humans tastes sweeter than that of animals.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 22,2004 4:48pm
spooky werewolves scary.
thats your new name.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 22,2004 5:46pm
so does that mean, transitively, that since fruit punch is sweeter than human blood, that wolves like fruit punch best?

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Jul 22,2004 5:52pm
Match class, learning about Bisectors.

toggletoggle post by silky  at Jul 23,2004 1:19am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
so does that mean, transitively, that since fruit punch is sweeter than human blood, that wolves like fruit punch best?

they go ape-shit for tang.

toggletoggle post by 3rd_Knuckle at Jul 23,2004 1:42am
<<hey 3rd knuckle - what's your band? I would have thought "3rd knuckle" but that's two words.>>

Wargasm

toggletoggle post by heimdall  at Jul 23,2004 7:45am
Monody-A lamentic song sung at a funeral
Midnight-just threw that in thier for a play of word

thus Midnight Monody, but hell we change our name about every 6 months.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 23,2004 9:21am
powerkok said:
spooky werewolves scary.
thats your new name.

Holy shit youre absolutely right!
That does it! From this day henceforth we shall be known as Spooky Werewolves Scary! Mwahahahahaha! And during shows we'll cover ourselves in fruitpunch and pretend its blood.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 23,2004 1:26pm
i came up with shroud of bereavement from my dying brides song "the sexuality of bereavement" i liked the word and i knew i was going to be playing death/doom. later the shroud thing came in because i seemed to be shrouded in tragic events, so i figured why not. then realized that a shroud of bereavement could be the shroud that a widowed wife could wear at a funeral or even the cloth they put over a dead body. it all works i guess. either way i thought it sounded sorrowfull and doomy so thats why!

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jul 23,2004 2:59pm
Random Acts of Violence seemed pretty obvious. I was actually surprised no one else had taken it already.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 23,2004 7:01pm
One time in Maine some kid got his head bashed in behind the club during a mugging, we had 2 options:
a) put a random acts of violence postcard in his pocket
b) call 9-1-1 to save his life

I was out voted and we called 9-1-1.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 23,2004 8:43pm
hahahahahhaha fuckin joe.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][3:12:31pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01390 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]