New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> May 15th, 2014 Codex Obscurum & MT Booking Present Metal Thursday CCXLII ChurchBurn , Sangus, Sarcomancy, Plagues by KEVORD on Mar 20,2014 8:38pm
Add To All Your Pages!
May 15, 2014 Ralph's (Worcester, MA)
churchburn - 2014-05-15
Churchburn(135)
flash animated slider show
plagues - 2014-05-15
Plagues(61)
randomshots - 2014-05-15
Randomshots(6)
sangus_legionaris - 2014-05-15
Sangus(130)
sarcomancy - 2014-05-15
Sarcomancy(118)
May 2014red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 20,2014 8:38pm

May 15th 2014 9PM
CODEX OBSCURUM ZINE
&
MT Booking Present

Metal Thursday CCXLII

Churchburn
Sangus
Sarcomancy
Plagues
21+

https://www.facebook.com/events/331175333674225/

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Mar 20,2014 9:50pm
Good lineup.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 21,2014 9:17am
yeah, though I sort of expected a grue joke.

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Mar 21,2014 9:35pm
Killer flier too.

toggletoggle post by Elite Show at Mar 22,2014 5:44pm
La-dee-daa.

toggletoggle post by Dan Hammer at Mar 23,2014 1:26pm
Can Sonic Pulse get on this?

toggletoggle post by Real Dan Hammer at Mar 23,2014 7:02pm
Hey, can you stick with doing that when it's actually funny, douche?

Not that I care, but I think people actually think it's me doing it most of the time.

toggletoggle post by Really Real Dan Hammer at Mar 24,2014 12:12am
Well you cared enough to post about it. How do you like them apples... douche?

toggletoggle post by Realest Dan Hammer at Mar 28,2014 10:21am
Douché! Allow me to rephrase.

I don't care if people make fun of me. In fact, I'm flattered.

It's just the people on this board are retarded enough to think it's me posting that all the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's gotten us some sweet offers for shows with no headliner that no-one will go to, but we're good on those.

toggletoggle post by Realest Dan Hammer at Mar 28,2014 10:22am
(that last crack wasn't in reference to this show in case there's any confusion)

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF 3RD RATE IMMORTAL AND INQUISI... think before typing ... at Mar 28,2014 10:45am
WILL SARCOMANCY HAVE ANY OROGINAL SOUNDING MATERIAL THIS TIME AROUND?

toggletoggle post by Local Fag Will Attend at Mar 28,2014 12:07pm
Support and will attend, also you Kotex Scrotum Elite Pretty Boys need to make your flyers like this.

toggletoggle post by NH Brufaggotry at Mar 28,2014 1:45pm
Fake%20Dan%20Hammer said[orig][quote]

It's just the people on this board are retarded enough to think it's me posting that all the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's gotten us some sweet offers for shows with no headliner that no-one will go to, but we're good on those.

I know it's you Duncan. You owe me $18 you fucking asshole!!!

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Mar 28,2014 2:14pm
I'm looking forward to seeing Sarcomancy again. It has been way too long since they've played a show.

toggletoggle post by DYA is REARRANGING SOME WORDS at Mar 28,2014 4:43pm
Local%20Fag%20Will%20Attend said[orig][quote]
Support and will attend, also you Kotex Scrotum Elite Pretty Boys need to make your flyers like this.

Way ahead of you. Developmentally, and also in the area of Care Bears parody.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF POSER EXTERMINATION at Mar 28,2014 9:29pm
Realest%20Dan%20Hammer said[orig][quote]

Remember how I said I'd kill you last?

I lied!

toggletoggle post by T-1000 at Mar 28,2014 9:35pm
Have you seen this boy?

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Mar 28,2014 9:51pm
I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Mar 28,2014 9:57pm
THE BRIDGE IS OUUUTTTT!!!!!

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 28,2014 11:03pm edited Mar 29,2014 10:52am
I don't know how that shitty band Sonic Pulse got involved with this but I like my thread being bumped.

toggletoggle post by KOBE_SBM at Mar 30,2014 1:02am
THANK YOU for toning down the confrontational attitude. I also want to discuss this in a cordial and mature manner.

I will give you that, SGU does have some great CGI, and its very hard to do if you know CGI programming. But its important that the CGI is relevant to the effect being sought. When you have some background in physics, you know that slow drifting swirls like the ones which drift over Destiny while its traveling in hyperspace (or FTL) or whatever, even if such travel were possible are an IMPOSSIBILITY. Does that bear on the quality of the CGI work? No. But it does fly in the face of science and physics. Its like showing a CGI meteor about to hit a planet, trailing behind it is water and lemon slices. I can accept the “whoosh” sounds in space when ships pass, and the sound of weapons (both would be impossible because sound does not propagate in space), but swirls? Nope.

In BSG, the CGI was awesome because it added realism. Star Trek used some of that BSG-esque CGI in the space scenes as well. Star Trek has also been nominated in another VES category, and in the same category as Stargate Universe VES nomination is BSG, Defying Gravity, Fringe and V. I dont think Stargate Universe will win it, but who knows? Being nominated is not that big of a deal…its like fourth and fifth place ribbons. WINNING is the big deal. And I find it amusing that the only episode which has been nominated is the one which had the battle at Icarus Base and the planet exploding, and was more SG1-like than all SGU episodes. I agree about Joel Goldsmith’s soundtrack. Beautiful…but still inappropriate for Stargate.

I use quote marks and the ellipsis in my writing because it communicates my thoughts more effectively. When it comes to artistic expression like screenplays, its always the overall work which is most relevant, not just parts of it. One cannot just lavish praise on a turd because the color was such a lovely shade of brown.

Again, thank you for being more cordial. I will do the same.

toggletoggle post by PENIS SOFTENER at Mar 30,2014 3:26pm
DOES YOUR PENIS NEED SOFTENING? TRY OUR PENIS SOFTENER

toggletoggle post by AKOBADAGETH at Mar 30,2014 10:49pm
THAT WAS FOR THE IDIOT KIKE KILLER, THATS ALL HE EVER TALKS ABOUT ,LIKE HE IS MAD BECAUSE HIS BITCH LEFT HIM FOR A NIGGER.

AND NO ITS ONLY A SMALL MINORITY OF WOMEN THE DATE NIGGERS. IF YOU LOOK AT THE OVERALL POPULATION OF THE US. ALSO SURE THE FAT UGLY BITCHES DO ,BUT THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN ANY DECENT LOOKING WHITE WOMEN WITH NIGGERS WAS IF THEY WERE PROSTITUTES. BUT I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD GO LOOK IT UP.............

toggletoggle post by Ted Dibiase at Mar 31,2014 8:56am
My man Virgil can confirm this.

toggletoggle post by shutup fagget at Mar 31,2014 9:49am
KOBE_SBM said[orig][quote]
THANK YOU for toning down the confrontational attitude. I also want to discuss this in a cordial and mature manner.

I will give you that, SGU does have some great CGI, and its very hard to do if you know CGI programming. But its important that the CGI is relevant to the effect being sought. When you have some background in physics, you know that slow drifting swirls like the ones which drift over Destiny while its traveling in hyperspace (or FTL) or whatever, even if such travel were possible are an IMPOSSIBILITY. Does that bear on the quality of the CGI work? No. But it does fly in the face of science and physics. Its like showing a CGI meteor about to hit a planet, trailing behind it is water and lemon slices. I can accept the “whoosh” sounds in space when ships pass, and the sound of weapons (both would be impossible because sound does not propagate in space), but swirls? Nope.

In BSG, the CGI was awesome because it added realism. Star Trek used some of that BSG-esque CGI in the space scenes as well. Star Trek has also been nominated in another VES category, and in the same category as Stargate Universe VES nomination is BSG, Defying Gravity, Fringe and V. I dont think Stargate Universe will win it, but who knows? Being nominated is not that big of a deal…its like fourth and fifth place ribbons. WINNING is the big deal. And I find it amusing that the only episode which has been nominated is the one which had the battle at Icarus Base and the planet exploding, and was more SG1-like than all SGU episodes. I agree about Joel Goldsmith’s soundtrack. Beautiful…but still inappropriate for Stargate.

I use quote marks and the ellipsis in my writing because it communicates my thoughts more effectively. When it comes to artistic expression like screenplays, its always the overall work which is most relevant, not just parts of it. One cannot just lavish praise on a turd because the color was such a lovely shade of brown.

Again, thank you for being more cordial. I will do the same.

shutup fagget

toggletoggle post by GLAAD the Impaler at Mar 31,2014 1:48pm
ok

toggletoggle post by NH Brufaggotry at Apr 1,2014 7:36am
Duncan owes me $18!!!!

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 1,2014 1:01pm
Bump for two weeks away. We are shooting to have Codex Obscurum issue #5 done in time for this show.

toggletoggle post by DYA is AWAIT SMUDGY HALIBUT at May 1,2014 1:29pm
Will the penis softener be available at the show?

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at May 1,2014 1:32pm
Pretty stoked about this!

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at May 1,2014 1:35pm
I'll be there. I'm also down to grab the new issue of Codex if it's available by then.

toggletoggle post by JAWSH ELITE ENFOAAAUWHCUUHHHH at May 1,2014 2:51pm
KEEP OAHUN WAAHWKHIN POASUH! YUH FAAAAHKIN SPEAHNDEKZ AND YUH FAAAAAAHKIN' BOOTLEG SHUHRRRTZ DOAHWNT MEAN JAAAHCK FAAAAAHKIN' SHIT UHROWHND HEEEAUH.

toggletoggle post by JAWSH ELITE ENFOAAAUWHCUUHHHH at May 1,2014 2:52pm
KEEP OAHUN WAAHWKHIN POASUH! YUH FAAAAHKIN SPEAHNDEKZ AND YUH FAAAAAAHKIN' BOOTLEG SHUHRRRTZ DOAHWNT MEAN JAAAHCK FAAAAAHKIN' SHIT UHROWHND HEEEAUH.

toggletoggle post by JAWSH ELITE ENFOAAAUWHCUUHHHH at May 1,2014 2:52pm

toggletoggle post by the mex nli at May 1,2014 3:00pm
So good he posted thrice

toggletoggle post by JAWSH ELITE ENFOAAAUWHCUUHHHH at May 1,2014 4:47pm
FAAAAHK YOO. YUH GAWT NO CAWL TA SPEAK OAHNNA MATTAH. WHEAUH WHUH YOO WHEN YOAUH FAAAHKIN SINGAH WAS TUWRNIN INTUH A SCUMBAG OAUHF THE HIGHEST OAHDUH?

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at May 1,2014 4:54pm edited May 1,2014 4:55pm
This troll is sensational. Whoever you are, keep up the good work!

toggletoggle post by MetalThursday  at May 1,2014 6:46pm
MetalThursday said[orig][quote]
GAY SHOW

toggletoggle post by Outsiders at May 1,2014 11:48pm
This is your elitist group? You are joking right? Self serving pencil neck geeks is more like it. You want the best, you want a war? Your panties are not ready for it. Stay in your elite bubble, and wait till it gets popped, until then sell your little zine to your little friends to read on their toilets, while your opinions/reviews are waiting to be flushed by the bad guy. You want some? Come get some, where? Down There.

toggletoggle post by Tripod got a beef at May 1,2014 11:49pm
Cool image fail fagget.

toggletoggle post by DYA is DOING AN ALTAVISTA ABOUT IT at May 2,2014 1:13am
I'm guessing it was the dancing baby GIF.

toggletoggle post by JAWSH ELITE ENFOAAAUWHCUUHHHH at May 2,2014 7:11am
FAAAAAAAHKIN CAHNETTIHKUHTT KWEEEEEEUHZ........... KAWKSUKKKAHZ .

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 8,2014 11:12am
Next week

toggletoggle post by CTBM4LYFE at May 9,2014 1:41pm
Copies of the Black Tome will be available in the parking lot, half price of what Codex Obscurum is charging for their rag.

toggletoggle post by Ryan "Faggit" Adams at May 10,2014 2:01pm
Can any of my faggit PC bands get on this?

toggletoggle post by fag feelings at May 10,2014 3:20pm

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 10,2014 3:22pm
I asked Ryan if one of his PC bands wanted to play. They couldn't do a Thursday night. Probably have an Antifa meeting or something.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at May 14,2014 11:01am
bump.

toggletoggle post by elitist rag at May 14,2014 11:09am
Elitist rag show, fuck this zine and fuck this show. These people are just trying to prove how small their penis is

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 14,2014 11:24am
Shutup_BobSagget

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 14,2014 3:50pm
Picking up Codex Obscurum #5 from the printer today. I'll have copies at the show tomorrow.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at May 15,2014 5:41pm
something something, elite, something.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 15,2014 6:25pm
I'm heading down soon.

toggletoggle post by Dan Hammer at May 15,2014 6:36pm
I'll be by as soon as my ride comes through.

toggletoggle post by The_reverend   at May 15,2014 10:04pm
Plagues was unexpected. Good stuff.

toggletoggle post by The_reverend   at May 15,2014 10:54pm
Sarcomancy was good too. Very immortal.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 16,2014 3:17am
way too tired. great show.

toggletoggle post by The_reverend   at May 16,2014 8:35am
Sangus killed as always. Love these guys.

Churchburn playing Celtic Frost made the night

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 16,2014 8:51am
Good show, all bands exceeded the common 2/10 rating

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 16,2014 9:20am
The most fun I've had at a show in a long time. All of the bands were fantastic.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 16,2014 3:53pm
you were holding yourself up with the stage by the end of the night. good job.

toggletoggle post by goatsex_inyourbum at May 16,2014 4:33pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][7:41:50am Mar 28,2024
load time 3.31989 secs/21 queries]
[search][refresh page]