New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Turntables on a budget by legit troll question on Feb 26,2014 1:27pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by legit troll question at Feb 26,2014 1:27pm
I have a few records that I wouldnt mind listening to, too many reviews all saying different kinds of things. Whats a good turntable to start off with on a budget? Not really looking to spend more than 200 bucks, any ideas for something decent?

toggletoggle post by Shutup fagget at Feb 26,2014 1:31pm
legit%20troll%20question said[orig][quote]
I have a few records that I wouldnt mind listening to, too many reviews all saying different kinds of things. Whats a good turntable to start off with on a budget? Not really looking to spend more than 200 bucks, any ideas for something decent?

Shutup_fagget

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Feb 26,2014 1:32pm
I got mine on eBay for about $65. This was like six or seven years ago. You'd have to search yourself cause I don't know if they sell them that cheap anymore.

I know they have those USB turntables for around $100. Not sure if that's what you're after or not.

Either way, good luck.

toggletoggle post by legit troll question at Feb 26,2014 1:40pm
I dont know if I want a usb one, I will probably ebay/craigslist something and try my luck.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 26,2014 1:56pm
there are tons on ebay. look for a direct drive and look for one that takes standard needles/cartridges

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 26,2014 1:57pm

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 26,2014 2:02pm
http://uturnaudio.com/turntables/. I hear these are great. I may get one at some point for a second turntable. Don't get some USB or cheap piece of crap that will chew up your records. Get one that you can upgrade the cartridge and needle at some point.

toggletoggle post by ark medæval times at Feb 26,2014 2:21pm

this. I bought one from a coworker for $10. He brings them to flea markets etc. all the time.

toggletoggle post by legit troll question at Feb 26,2014 2:45pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
http://uturnaudio.com/turntables/. I hear these are great. I may get one at some point for a second turntable. Don't get some USB or cheap piece of crap that will chew up your records. Get one that you can upgrade the cartridge and needle at some point.

Thanks for the info, this might be what I get, and its from Woburn, so I will give them a try. Wait time is a month to get one though, but its a local business so support.

toggletoggle post by Dan Hammer at Feb 26,2014 5:05pm
Legitimately, I am looking to get rid of a turntable for $50. Not super-high quality, but I've enjoyed many-a-record on it, I think it will sound better if you output it to some higher quality speakers. Hit me up on the book of faces if you're interested.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 26,2014 8:46pm
I got a turntable with speakers at Salvation Army when I was 16 for $12 and it lasted me close to 8 years. Browse the thrift stores, you never know what you'll find.

toggletoggle post by Robotpie_nli at Feb 26,2014 9:10pm
I've heard great things about the new Orbit u-turn models, I wish they were out when I was in the market, only thing that I dislike is the lack of a que arm (the thing that allows you to align and drop/pick up the needle), because I'm a clumsy fuck. So yeah, a hard +1 on this for your price rang and a new turntable

toggletoggle post by legit troll question at Feb 26,2014 11:01pm
Thought about hitting up some thrift stores/flea market, but definitely ordering the U-turn. I know it sounds shitty but I am going to run it through my PA system, and slowly build up a stereo system, gonna cost money so its gonna take some time. Also saw this old GE turntable on craigslist. Either way thanks for all the info.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/4341902540.html

toggletoggle post by TimRiley_NLI at Feb 27,2014 12:30am
i'm not really a vinyl enthusiast at all but i have had good luck with Micro Seiki and Harman Kardon turntables... had one like this.

i have a 1917 and 1921 victrola but something tells me that isn't what you're looking for.

toggletoggle post by TimRiley_NLI at Feb 27,2014 12:31am
i find that stuff from the 70s and 80s can be obtained cheaply online/thru CL and have better build qualities that are meant to last... my cheap home stereo that i run my tv off of is a 1980's onkyo receiver and 4 cheap jensen speakers.

toggletoggle post by TimRiley_NLI at Feb 27,2014 12:39am
well fuck... micro seiki's really went skyhigh in price over the past 10-15 years. disregard.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 27,2014 3:40am
Robotpie_nli said[orig][quote]
I've heard great things about the new Orbit u-turn models, I wish they were out when I was in the market, only thing that I dislike is the lack of a que arm (the thing that allows you to align and drop/pick up the needle), because I'm a clumsy fuck. So yeah, a hard +1 on this for your price rang and a new turntable
the question arm makes me angry and makes me want to smash things. At least once a month at WUNH someone leaves it up and I think a turn table is messed up.

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 15,2014 3:50pm
I saw this and ordered the U-Turn Audio Orbit, it is badass, and worth the wait.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 16,2014 2:46am
I'm setting up a vinyl listening and reading spot in my house. I might look.

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 16,2014 4:09pm
That's pretty fucking cool if you although I find that I read a lot more online than on standard paper.

toggletoggle post by consumer at Nov 17,2014 9:54am
MotleyGrue said[orig][quote]
I saw this and ordered the U-Turn Audio Orbit, it is badass, and worth the wait.

that looks interesting (the $179 vers) but does it require a pre-amp?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2014 9:56am
everyone reads more online... I mean I'm reading right now. The "reading" part will be more reading on my kindle while listening to some music or something. The simpler things while having another place to hang out that isn't my desk area, my couch, or my bed.

toggletoggle post by consumer at Nov 17,2014 10:19am
i feel like a retard if i don't read a real book now and then.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2014 11:18am
I've been ditching my real books and putting them on my kindle

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2014 11:21am
btw: you need a pre-amp
http://uturnaudio.com/stereo-setup/

remember when stereos came with built in pre-amps?

I'm probably just going to get something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teac-MC-D800-CH-Al...ayers_Recorders&hash=item462c263c0b
as long as I can find something with easily replicable needles.

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Nov 18,2014 12:07am
Needs a preamp, and all older model turntables are subjective at this point to the person buying it as well as their needs.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][7:37:55am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01412 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]