New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MA Metalheads looking to host 1000 people party at local Elk's Lodge by MA Metalheads on Feb 7,2014 9:46am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MA Metalheads at Feb 7,2014 9:46am
Hey guys, MA Metalhead here. We have been in talks about having a massive metal party with all like-minded people \m/. If you have any advice on where to have a huge party with music and friends, let us know. We're are looking at Elk's Lodges but we aren't sure of their cooperation yet. This will be a good idea for friends of metal to unite!!

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF NOT FUNNY at Feb 7,2014 9:59am
The MA Metalheads thing is getting old.

toggletoggle post by ADMIN at Feb 7,2014 10:08am
RTTP%20DEPARTMENT%20OF%20NOT%20FUNNY said[orig][quote]
The MA Metalheads thing is getting old.

Take 3 demerits, please. Everyone else, be civil.

toggletoggle post by Divaldo-Gustavo  at Feb 7,2014 10:49am
DEMONIC REQIEUM suports MA Metalshed

toggletoggle post by Aerospace Task at Feb 7,2014 11:02am
Can Arduous Task burn some Jews at this?

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF QUALITY CONTROL at Feb 7,2014 11:47am
MA%20Metalheads said[orig][quote]
Hey guys, MA Metalhead here. We have been in talks about having a massive metal party with all like-minded people \m/. If you have any advice on where to have a huge party with music and friends, let us know. We're are looking at Elk's Lodges but we aren't sure of their cooperation yet. This will be a good idea for friends of metal to unite!!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 7,2014 1:14pm
good lord. there is another group of like-minded individuals who do this once a year. they are called juggalos.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF LEGIT LOLS IN THE RESTROOM at Feb 7,2014 1:29pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
good lord. there is another group of like-minded individuals who do this once a year. they are called juggalos.

legit.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 7,2014 1:57pm
Let me guess...

They're banking on 500 people being there so they're talking about renting the biggest club or function hall possible. Someone tossed out the idea of getting a national headliner to play it and then they decided to charge admission for it. Every butt dart band represented there asked to play it. No one who posts there has any interest in saying no or has ever booked a show so they've already promised 30 bands they could play. They don't have any contacts for any of these things and Nile has a message about this waiting in their spam FB email never to be read.

Did I nail it? If not how far off am I?

Congratulations MA Metalheads, you just booked another terrible marathon show.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 7,2014 1:58pm
Oh snap, I didn't even see the 1,000 person projection in the thread title.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF QUALITY CONTROL at Feb 7,2014 3:45pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Oh snap, I didn't even see the 1,000 person projection in the thread title.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF QUALITY CONTROL at Feb 7,2014 3:48pm
Courtesy of ClipArt01.com, that's ClipArt01.com down at the gates of Chinatown, find us or fight us!!!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 7,2014 4:50pm
Once upon a time I knew some people who used to do this, but as mentioned above they were juggalos. They called them "mini-gatherings" which was really just 10-15 friends and their friends bands standing around talking about ICP. They had the same aspirations and attendance projections.

toggletoggle post by fake fag at Feb 8,2014 10:03am
There aren't even 1000 like minded metal heads in New England. Fag Fail.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Feb 8,2014 11:09am
I think they think that just because there's 1000 "members" of the group that every single one of them will show up and ITLLBETHEBESTTIMEEVAR!11ONEONEONE

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Feb 8,2014 11:28am
Because that's precisely how the world functions, you know.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Feb 8,2014 1:07pm
i_am_lazy said[orig][quote]
Because that's precisely how the world functions, you know.

Something like that would happen in a heartbeat in Europe, but you'd be EXTREMELY hard pressed to make something like that work in New England.

toggletoggle post by 37 shows, 1 grope at Feb 8,2014 3:16pm
Cum'on guys, wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of bar/venue that would have some sort of metal night. You know, they could have shows or just metal DJ nights (MA Metalheads™ approved, of course) . I think it would really help the scene, because i'm so sick of a lack of local shows and I have so many gigabytes of metal on my hard drive. Maybe if it were on a Thursday, it could be called Metal Thursdays or something, wouldn't that be cool?!

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 8,2014 3:30pm
^ That. I was thrown out of MA Metalheads for mocking someone who said there were no local metal shows. That group is a bunch of overnighters and entry level metal fans. Clueless.

toggletoggle post by Divaldo-Gustavo  at Feb 8,2014 3:41pm
DEMONIC REQIEUM SUPORTS MA METALHEDS

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Feb 8,2014 4:35pm edited Feb 8,2014 4:40pm
In three or four years they'll either stop caring about metal altogether or they'll actually go on look past the national acts and start taking interest in more underground bands and shows.

For the sake of the local scene, one can only hope more of them go in the latter direction than the former. Every time I've ever gone to a bigger show in the area though, I always see these metalheads I've never seen before in my life and it's kind of depressing. So sadly I'm not counting on it.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at Feb 8,2014 5:17pm edited Feb 8,2014 5:24pm
HookedonMetal said[orig][quote]
In three or four years they'll either stop caring about metal altogether or they'll actually go on look past the national acts and start taking interest in more underground bands and shows.

pretty much. i half-ass promote shows in that group, because why not? figure theyre mostly young and don't even know whats going on outside of big national shows, can't hurt to put the local & underground stuff out there... maybe get a few new people coming around and supporting shows, etc.

i try and avoid all the debates though. i can't even follow most of what theyre talking about, and when i can it just makes me cringe.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Feb 9,2014 2:29pm
They do indeed bring the lulz. That girl berating Mark & Mike about not booking usbm bands like Absu was hilarious. Hopefully some do leave their keyboard and actually get involved, and hopefully others don't. Corpse paint kid can just stay where he is, fucking shit up for slipknot or whatever.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 9,2014 2:58pm
Yeah, that girl was bitching that Absu, Nile, and some other band should play here a couple months after they had been here.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 10,2014 2:08pm
Book this party in my oven.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at Feb 10,2014 2:20pm
robotpie said[orig][quote]
They do indeed bring the lulz. That girl berating Mark & Mike about not booking usbm bands like Absu was hilarious. Hopefully some do leave their keyboard and actually get involved, and hopefully others don't. Corpse paint kid can just stay where he is, fucking shit up for slipknot or whatever.

oof, yeah. that was the girl who only listened to european black metal bands.

like nile.

toggletoggle post by Nash/nli at Feb 10,2014 2:37pm
Haha. We've all become so old and bitter. Myself included. Back In 2004-2008ish this was an awesome place to find bands to join or book/get on shows, but the new people coming to this board need to stop it with the hopes and dreams already! you will indeed get pooped on.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Feb 10,2014 2:46pm
I wish I could view this group so I could watch these posts happening in real time.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF FEELINGS HURTER at Feb 10,2014 3:00pm
Links please, for I have feelings to hurt online.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 10,2014 4:26pm
They have a very strict feelings in tact policy. This includes disagreeing with anyone, saying you dislike a band, and pointing out that the fat slob who berates everyone for not going to shows doesn't actually goto shows either and picked a fight with a guy half his size at the one show you did see him at.

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Feb 10,2014 6:31pm
Czarnobog said[orig][quote]

oof, yeah. that was the girl who only listened to european black metal bands.

like nile.

Whatever, the Nile is practically in Europe!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 11,2014 8:55am
pfff you are in de-nile.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][7:13:35pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01549 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]