New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Great White kills aka another reason not to go to a great white concert by the_reverend on Feb 21,2003 9:17am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2003 9:17am
WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island (CNN) -- At least 39 people died at a concert late Thursday after a fire -- ignited by an indoor pyrotechnics display -- destroyed a Providence, Rhode Island-area nightclub, officials said.

"Quite a few more" bodies remain in the smoldering ruins of the Station club in West Warwick, said Peter Brousseau, the West Warwick chief of police.

"The building was well involved inside of three minutes," said Fire Chief Charlie Hall, who told reporters that the building had no sprinklers because its relatively small size didn't require them.....

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/21/deadly.nightclub.fire/index.html

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2003 9:42am
I just went to cancel all the great white concerts on the events board,
but last nights was the only one.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 21,2003 11:14am
i don't recall madball or sworn enemy ever killing 30 of their fans in a fire. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2003 12:23pm
for the last fucking time!!!
if another family member/friend/friend'd girlfriend or anyone asks me again if I was at that gay-ass show... I'm going to scream.
Great White was a one-hit-wonder. I have no idea why they are still touring and maybe this was god telling them this was it. He is a vengeful god.
And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.
Josh 11:9-12

toggletoggle post by tedonegoodfuck  at Feb 21,2003 1:29pm
goodness gracious great whites balls of fire

toggletoggle post by tnkgrl  at Feb 21,2003 1:43pm
Preach on Brother Guido.

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 21,2003 1:57pm
regardless of how passe great white is now at one time i actually liked em and belive it or not my wife and i had talked about going to this show

keep in mind many people died and it a terrable thing no matter what style of music they played!!! also my friend dr metal from 94hjy is still one of the missing people

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2003 2:05pm
I was just pissed that people keep asking me..
I too actually looked at the show posting and though "wouldn't it be funny to see them" but the joke ended there. After that chicago stampede, I've thought about it and I know all the escape routes from most of the clubs. Like the palladium, there are a million exits. This club had a ton of fire exits which people didn't use. They paniced and ran for the only exit they remembered.

what I see coming from this is an announcement just like they say in aeroplanes being said before the start of a show:
"In the case of an emergency, please, drop all the change you've picked up and head in and orderly fashion towards the exits. Exits are located, in the front, rear, and sides of the theatre."

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 21,2003 2:37pm
i hear you man

i saw great white open for judas priest in 84 they were pretty decent

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 21,2003 3:08pm
Fire at Crowded Concert Leaves at Least 86 Dead, Over 160 Injured

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 21,2003 4:09pm
my mom asked me if i was going to that club anytime soon. and then she closed off with "make sure you know your surroundings"

stfu mom. haha

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2003 4:16pm
I'm wondering how the daily show is going to handle this one....
Tom, my dad just told me the same thing.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 21,2003 4:26pm
I'm glad my mom lives in another country for that reason...it's only a matter of time she hears about it i guess...

Come to think of it, i've never been at a venue where there was a fire alram going off...i guess they do don't fire drills...when they do them here at work..everyone assumes it's just a drill and it takes people a while before they move...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 21,2003 4:47pm
my brother informed me today that i should call my mother and let her know that I didn't die in the fire. i told him to tell her that i was at the show but died of cancer from cigarette smoke instead.

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Feb 23,2003 3:27pm
my mom thought i was there too, yea its rediculous to think i was at that show, but i appreciate that people care that I'm alive.

toggletoggle post by umbrella at Feb 24,2003 8:50am
We are looking to do a benefit a show for the victims and the victims families. Location and date has not been scheduled (probably in the providence area and some weekend in March). Any bands interested please email us.

the13umbrellas@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2003 1:51pm
the rumor is that Great White is auditioning new guitarists cause they have a show this wednesday that they aren't going to miss.
comin' to a mall near you.

What changes have people seen from shows this week?
every band anounced fire exits.

toggletoggle post by skip  at Feb 24,2003 2:40pm
yea, i hear Great White puts on 'killer' pyrotechnics show

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Feb 25,2003 12:46am
i dont think great white needs to play any shows anymore. time to hang up the riffs. thumbs down

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 25,2003 6:43am
their guitar player must have died trying to save all of his gear.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 25,2003 9:34pm
2 friends of mine died at that show. one of them just got engaged and was expecting a child. my friends decided to take up a collection to help his kid out. i was thinking my band and i would try to get a benefit show going to help this unborn kid out. it probably won't happen until the summer. i'd love to get a good mix of real metal and hair bands [my buddies lived and died for hair bands. they were roadies for poison and dokken and a few others], but any band from any genre that would be interested in helping out a kid who lost a dad can contact me at dreadkill80@aol.com. sorry about the uncertainty of when this concert is going to happen, but i feel like it's the least i can do to help out a soon to be single mother and her baby and to honor the memory of a great friend. also, i've never organized a show before [my band, dreaded silence, has only played a few shows over a 3 year span], and i know a lot of you guys who post on here are really active in the DIY show scene, so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot everyone. my love and condolences go out to everyone who lost someone last week.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2003 10:18pm
http://www.fmqb.com/site/BreakingNews/2003/0224.html
yeah, Dr. Metal is gone too...

I seriously looked at the show and thought it would be horribly funny to go and shot that show.
Though, I figure if jack russell got out, I could get out.
how the hell did he escape?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 20,2005 12:24pm
a year ago today.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 20,2005 12:29pm
RustedAngel said:
my mom asked me if i was going to that club anytime soon. and then she closed off with "make sure you know your surroundings"

stfu mom. haha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha ya i remember when this happened and my parents freaked because i was going to a concert that weekend, parents are hillairous

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 20,2005 12:31pm
i was gonna go, just cause it would be funny, i bailed last minute, kinda glad i didnt go, haha i got like 30 calls that night from people asking if i was there.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 20,2005 1:17pm
the_reverend said:
a year ago today.

C'mon Rev, are you serious?!

It was TWO YEARS ago.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 20,2005 1:20pm
i went to a fundraiser last night for a scholarship in memory of my friend who died in that fire.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Feb 20,2005 1:23pm
i knew someone that died at this...i got alot of calls also...if i was there....mabye motley crue or stryper...but not. g. g.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 20,2005 1:33pm
i unfortunatly new about 6 or 7 people that died, its too bad, but whatcha gonna do, right?

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Feb 20,2005 2:08pm
My next door neighbor when i was growing up died in the fire. Fucked up shit. I live very close to this, at least once a week for months after it happened i told myself to go down there, just to step on the land and think about life in general, but i couldnt do it. It took months just to drive by. I would allways take another road vs that one. Me and a friend were allways going to the station on sundays, playing pool and drinking. I was there for a show 2 weeks before it happend. My band even played the place. I got kicked out of there when i was 19 (21+ venue). I also know someone who got burned really bad. The next morn after, i bought a newspaper while getting my coffee (i never buy the newspaper, but for some reason i did that morn, fucking weird) as i drove away,i glanced at the paper, i slamed on my breaks in disbelief of the burning station on the cover page.

toggletoggle post by dread_104  at Feb 20,2005 3:21pm
i'm still upset that it wasn't Jarrod's

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 20,2005 3:32pm
dread_104 said:

awesome !

toggletoggle post by th3rdknuckle at Feb 20,2005 5:52pm
dread_104 said:

it could be
you never know, things happen...

toggletoggle post by th3rdknuckle at Feb 20,2005 5:53pm
Send word up north that Jarrod's is actually a 16th century church

toggletoggle post by Heathenking  at Feb 20,2005 6:08pm
if it was a year ago wouldnt it be 2004 not 2003 so is that just aproblem or is it really two years ago today

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 21,2005 5:32am
It was 2 years ago, The Rev is just mildly retarded.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2005 5:39am
yes, that's what I meant.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][6:54:09pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.04465 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]