New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I think this needs to be said by attendmyrequiem on Jul 7,2004 8:44pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 7,2004 8:44pm
I'm getting very annoyed lately with everyone in their distinctive scenes. No one gets along anymore and that's why shows aren't doing well. Metal bands shit a fit if they're on the same show at a hardcore band, etc. I remember when I was 15 I would go to shows and there would be hardcore bands and metal bands on the same bill and I would see kids with long hair showing up to hardcore shows and hardcore kids showing up at metal shows. What the fuck happened to that?

Now I see bands on here crying because hardcore/metalcore bands are on their death metal show, etc. I say mix it the fuck up again and maybe shows might start doing decently again.

I don't think i said everything I wanted to, but we're all "underground heavy music".

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 7,2004 8:52pm
ok

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 7,2004 8:55pm edited Jul 7,2004 8:55pm
yes we are.

toggletoggle post by Lynneaus  at Jul 7,2004 8:58pm
not trying to start any shit... but just curious.... how old are you? i only ask because you made reference to "when i was 15" so i became curious....

cuz in all honesty i know when i was younger... i used to go to shows at the RAT all the time... and hardcore shows were on one day and metal shows on another day.

just curious

toggletoggle post by silky  at Jul 7,2004 9:55pm edited Jul 7,2004 9:56pm
I make it a point to mix up genres whenever I book shows. there's nothing I hate more than watching the same fucking band for four hours.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jul 7,2004 10:03pm
attendmyrequiem said:
I'm getting very annoyed lately with everyone in their distinctive scenes. No one gets along anymore and that's why shows aren't doing well. Metal bands shit a fit if they're on the same show at a hardcore band, etc. I remember when I was 15 I would go to shows and there would be hardcore bands and metal bands on the same bill and I would see kids with long hair showing up to hardcore shows and hardcore kids showing up at metal shows. What the fuck happened to that?

Now I see bands on here crying because hardcore/metalcore bands are on their death metal show, etc. I say mix it the fuck up again and maybe shows might start doing decently again.

I don't think i said everything I wanted to, but we're all "underground heavy music".

I'm with this guy. I miss Club 121. Every weekend always had a good mix and the place was always packed.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 7,2004 10:21pm
I'm not very old. I'm 19, but it seems like a fuck load of change has happened in the 4 years I've been going to shows.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 7,2004 10:25pm
Please keep hardcore bands off of Death Metal shows or I will stop going to those shows.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at Jul 7,2004 10:28pm
when i was 15 i only went to punk shows.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 7,2004 10:29pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Please keep hardcore bands off of Death Metal shows or I will stop going to those shows.

it's that attitude that made me write my post.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 7,2004 10:33pm
I grew up on REAL hardcore (1983 - 1989), the shit now is NOT hardcore.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 7,2004 10:44pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
I grew up on REAL hardcore (1983 - 1989), the shit now is NOT hardcore.

yet you are calling the new stuff hardcore?

Again, who cares what another band sounds like we're all out supporting "underground heavy music". we should be at least tolerating each other.

I'm just saying a band like Anodyne should be able to share the stage with a band like Anoxia withough having people bitch about two different genres being on the bill or two different types of fans showing up at show.

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jul 7,2004 10:48pm
i agree, it seems like all the same bands always play together. shows arent even fun anymore.

toggletoggle post by snakefist at Jul 7,2004 10:52pm
I think a big problem is a lot of metalcore kids now are kind of prick ass holes, all they want to do is kung fu dance and hold hands with their friends, and only like their friends bands, instead of actually listening to everybody and showing all bands the respect they deserve for even wasting their time playing, they stand in little groups making jokes and showing off new kung fu mosh moves for each other.

toggletoggle post by silky  at Jul 7,2004 11:29pm
sad, but true.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 8,2004 12:01am
nothing i haven't said before about putting stupid bands like acacia strain on your metal show to bring a crowd that might not know your band but might like it after they are exposed to it.

i like some metalcore but the harcore/metalcore scenester faggots as snakefist said ruin alot of shows for me.

autopsy666 needs to be aware that hardcore bands in the vain of agnostic front, ssd, negative approach etc. still exist but they get written off as hardcore punk. all these bands that you say are not hardcore are just h/c kids in metal bands IE metalcore

moran, club 121 sucked it was all tough guy bullshit and it was all fsu members or coming correct, punch the clown or some other tough guy bands and crews.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 8,2004 12:12am
you dont have fun at shows anymore nick because you go to shitty shows.

i have way more fun at hardcore shows than i do at grind shows. i know hardcore 'scenesters' are assholes, but i'd rather 'kung fu mosh' than take my shirt off and throw around my friends while headbanging.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jul 8,2004 12:29am
Josh_hates_you said:

moran, club 121 sucked it was all tough guy bullshit and it was all fsu members or coming correct, punch the clown or some other tough guy bands and crews.

I saw some really good shows there and I always had a good time. I never had a problem with anyone there. Yeah, there were some tough guys or whatever, but as long as you kept to yourself and just enjoyed the show, shit wouldn't happen.

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Jul 8,2004 12:31am
kung fag moshing is fun to watch, but not when your trying to pay attention to the fucking band playing, because you gotta make sure the fags in the pit arn't gonna come up and hit you in the face because they have nothing better to do then think they know how to fight

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 8,2004 12:35am
honor4death said:
kung fag moshing is fun to watch, but not when your trying to pay attention to the fucking band playing, because you gotta make sure the fags in the pit arn't gonna come up and hit you in the face because they have nothing better to do then think they know how to fight

one time i was drunk as fuck watching the drummer of lamb of god and i got 2 feet in the face courtesy of some douche doing a cartwheel. getting 7 fractures in my face was fun.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 12:46am
tbone_r said:
you dont have fun at shows anymore nick because you go to shitty shows.

i have way more fun at hardcore shows than i do at grind shows. i know hardcore 'scenesters' are assholes, but i'd rather 'kung fu mosh' than take my shirt off and throw around my friends while headbanging.

remember a few years back kids with long hair danced pretty similar to the way hardcore kids dance. Now the new generation of metal kids started out listening and going to nu-metal shows and just shove each other around. You'd go to a death metal show and people would be brutalizing each other.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 8,2004 12:47am
Josh_hates_you said:
honor4death said:

one time i was drunk as fuck watching the drummer of lamb of god and i got 2 feet in the face courtesy of some douche doing a cartwheel. getting 7 fractures in my face was fun.

anyone doing cartwheels in mosh pits should die of leprosy immediately afterwards

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Jul 8,2004 12:48am
THEY started it

toggletoggle post by mike_fod at Jul 8,2004 12:50am edited Jul 8,2004 12:54am
snakefist said:
I think a big problem is a lot of metalcore kids now are kind of prick ass holes, all they want to do is kung fu dance and hold hands with their friends, and only like their friends bands, instead of actually listening to everybody and showing all bands the respect they deserve for even wasting their time playing, they stand in little groups making jokes and showing off new kung fu mosh moves for each other.

Yeah and death metal kids never danced at Eternal Suffering shows ..... I play in a death metal act, and when I see people dancing it looks way more brutal than some homos crashing into each other doing the slipknotesque "metal mosh". You stand there for bands like Necrophagist or Isis, for their music isn't movable and it's to be experienced visually, not just aurally. Misconceptions and ignorance continue to run rampant.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 8,2004 1:04am
hmmm
this puts me between a rock and a hard place

I like all music pretty equally, but I agree scene shit is horrendous....i think there should be a lot more tolerance.

but on the OTHER hand I TOTALLY agree that part of what is making hardcore shitty is the fashion and the fucking cliques. This shit around boston is NOT hardcore...hardcore was about friends and meeting new people and exploring differences and voicing distastes. I remember when all the hardcore kids were nerds and we loved it and were socially inept together. Now it's all about knowing kid A and kid B and hanging at the cool spots. I can see why people don't want that to happen to metal.

on the other hand(three hands!) I got turned onto metal because it wasn't a scene that was all fashiony and elitist, too...it was a bunch of slobs and idiots and sometimes all out geniuses. it was the kids who played star wars RPGs and it was great. They all liked lighting cherry bombs or saying mom jokes over and over. And the music was about cool stuff like corpses or politics, and that meant despite the crustiness of it that the music was really poignant.

I book shows with a lot of different styles like Tim does cause I agree, I don't want to hear the same shit all day long. But i can see where people are coming from.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 8,2004 1:06am
also the dancing thing...I dunnow man, that's a tough call. Dancing is like a form of expression, and I used to get mad about it but I feel like I'm censoring people if I do. Plus it's kinda fun to whirl around and do spin kicks.

However, I was watching the Hellfest 2K DVD today and man a lot of those kids just come off as toolbags.

I like pigpiles, group sing alongs, stage dives, and stuff like that.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Jul 8,2004 2:29am
I was about to reply, but i figured it wasnt worth it. Just to go to the show with the bands that you like. There, end of story.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 8,2004 7:34am
hardcore doesn't really piss me off so much as the individuals who do it. to me, moshing, hardcore dancing, whatever the hell u wanna call it, is about PEOPLE dancing together, not just one person. i fucking hate it when some hardcore fag tries to clear everyone away from the circle so that he can start flinging his arms all by himself, trying to get all eyes on him. no one should be there to try to make themselves the center of attention.

then of course there's the shitbags that are standing at the wall of the pit, start punching in the air, and finish it by doing a spinkick into the people right next to him. they're simply asking for a fight.

when you go into a moshpit, u know the dangers of it, and you know there's a chance you could end up taking a fist to the eye, but it should never be intentional.

toggletoggle post by bojern at Jul 8,2004 9:24am
i think the only center of attn, should be the band playing! thats why your there, to meet up with friends and watch a show...not to kick kids in the face.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 8,2004 9:48am
I remember the mixed show, where only hardcore kids would show up, and not even pay any attention to the metal bands. No metal kids went to those because hardcore kids act so gay that it ruins the fun of it all.
I personally refuse to book hardcore bands and I will do my best to avoid any mixed shows someone else might book.

The 'metal scene' has only gotten stronger since those mixed shows have stopped and if those were to start happening again the metal scene would get banned from all the boston clubs just like hardcore has, because of hardcore kids doing the same gay shit at the metal shows as they do at the hardcore shows. And do not even try to argue this with me, I know for a fact that Obriens, The Chopping Block, the Middle East, Bill's Bar, the Linwood, The Skybar, Club Goodtimes, and PA's lounge will NOT book hardcore. If metal bands want to play mixed shows with lame hardcore bands who draw lame fans that won't even like the metal bands, just to help themselves get banned from Boston, then that is their perogative.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 8,2004 9:51am
Bobby Brown "My Prerogative"

(Chorus)
Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need commission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative

They say I'm crazy
I really don't care
That's my prerogative
They say I'm nasty
But I don't give a damn
Getting girls is how I live
Some messy questions
Why am I so real?
But they don't undersand me
I really don't know the deal about her brother
Trying hard to make it right
Not long ago
Before I win this fight
Sing!

(Chorus)
Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
<Tell me why> I don't need commission
Make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
It's my prerogative <It's my prerogative>

It's the way that I wanna live <It's my prerogative>
I can do just what I feel <It's my prerogative>
No one can tell me what to do <It's my prerogative>
'Cause what I'm doing, I'm doing for you

Don't get me wrong
I'm really not souped
Ego trips is not my thing
All these strange relationships really gets me down
I see nothing wrong in spreading myself around
Sing!

(Chorus)

I can do what I wanna do <It's my prerogative>
I can live my life <It's my prerogative>
And I'm doing it just for you <It's my prerogative>

Tell me, tell me
Why can't I live my life <Live my life>
Without all of the things that people say, oh...

(Bridge)
Yo, teddy kick it like this
Oh, no, no..., I can do what I wanna do
Me and you together, together, together, together, together

(Chorus/Vamp Out)

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Jul 8,2004 10:21am
i think we should have a RTTP fest, all types of bands post on here, we could draw in a huge number of people and expose them to all types of music, maybe kick start it again

toggletoggle post by snakefist at Jul 8,2004 11:14am edited Jul 8,2004 11:18am
attendmyrequiem said:
tbone_r said:

remember a few years back kids with long hair danced pretty similar to the way hardcore kids dance. Now the new generation of metal kids started out listening and going to nu-metal shows and just shove each other around. You'd go to a death metal show and people would be brutalizing each other.

yeah, but at death metal shows it was all random, one step away from fist fight brutality, not organized and copied dance moves that if you dont emulate correctly you're not cool

this goes to the other fucking douche bag talking about how he likes danceing at death metal to, id rather see a bunch of guys brutaly beating each other than watch some queers in tight pants and adidas shoes masterbate as they watch their buddies prance through an empty pit and maybe throw some girly punches and a ballerina pirouette.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 8,2004 11:16am
i'd go

toggletoggle post by snakefist at Jul 8,2004 11:26am
one last thing, nobody should fucking talk about trendiness in either scene, because hardcore, or metalcore, or whatever the fuck you want to call it is as trendy as new metal ever was, ive seen tons of kids go from limp bizkit clone bands to unearth clone bands in the past couple of years, all they did was stop wearing baggy pants and buy a bunch of nora t-shirts at hot topic and now they're part of the totally cool, and original thinking hardcore kids who think for xthemselves and dont listen to anybody elsex.

well anyway, fuck everything, heres what we really need to remember.

the stormtroopers of fucking death.

united forces
It doesn't matters how you wear your hair
It's what inside your head
United Forces stand for all strong and fair
Black, white and yellow and red

CHORUS-
UNITED (forces) UNITED (forces) UNITED

Skinheads and bangers and punks stand as one
Crossover to a final scene
United Forces and their job won't be done
Until the world can see

CHORUS
No rednecks, no jocks, no macho bullshit attitudes
United Forces can't be stopped-REPEAT TWO TIMES

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 8,2004 11:30am
Abbath said:
i think we should have a RTTP fest, all types of bands post on here, we could draw in a huge number of people and expose them to all types of music, maybe kick start it again

there was already an RTTP 6th anniversary fest at UNH in sept 2002...

maybe there will be an 8th anniversary show this year, aaron?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 8,2004 11:36am
yes, there should...
let me work on that...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 8,2004 11:42am
definetly no HSM reunion... but porphyria will tear it up definetly.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 8,2004 11:49am
i think if you really believe the hardcore ethos you shouldn't end up being "cool"

there's never been anything cool about being original or different. Everyone that's embodied those traits throughout history has become an outcast at best. When many of the early HC bands wrote the songs they did they got beat up or made fun of. Hell, the Descendents were real nerds writing about getting called names.

so let that be a lesson: being yourself will never be popular, but it's more important you do that than follow the trend and pretend you're being original, because posthumously you'll get the respect you deserve. Even though you'll be dead.

toggletoggle post by iamwiggins   at Jul 8,2004 11:49am
DWW will play...4/5 of us go to UNH. duhhh

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 8,2004 11:56am
snakefist said:

who caught my S.O.D. reference on the celtic frost thread?

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 8,2004 12:04pm
i vote for an 8 year show as well. oh yeah. scenes are ghey.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 12:13pm edited Jul 8,2004 12:27pm
I would definitely be begging for a ride up to NH if this show happens.

I also would like to add throw Fall of Decripitude onto that bill if happens.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 12:25pm edited Jul 8,2004 12:30pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
I remember the mixed show, where only hardcore kids would show up, and not even pay any attention to the metal bands. No metal kids went to those because hardcore kids act so gay that it ruins the fun of it all.
I personally refuse to book hardcore bands and I will do my best to avoid any mixed shows someone else might book.

The 'metal scene' has only gotten stronger since those mixed shows have stopped and if those were to start happening again the metal scene would get banned from all the boston clubs just like hardcore has, because of hardcore kids doing the same gay shit at the metal shows as they do at the hardcore shows. And do not even try to argue this with me, I know for a fact that Obriens, The Chopping Block, the Middle East, Bill's Bar, the Linwood, The Skybar, Club Goodtimes, and PA's lounge will NOT book hardcore. If metal bands want to play mixed shows with lame hardcore bands who draw lame fans that won't even like the metal bands, just to help themselves get banned from Boston, then that is their perogative.

I saw burnt by the sun with soilent green and goratory. there were no problems there. I saw hatebreed back in the day with shadows fall. Yeah, the fans for hatebreed went nuts. fists were everywhere. I didn't see people crying. Everyone was going to shows and blowing off their agression. I'm not saying throw XXXBLACK MY HEARTXXXX onto a metal show because you know their fans will come be fucking assholes. But if you threw on a band like Within the Fray from NH or hell even Cutthroat from the SS or Drawblood or Life In Seconds onto a show there would be no problem at all. and I don't mean you as is in joenotcommon. I mean it as in everyone who's into music. I just happen to be replying to your post.

And I'm not sure about all those clubs, but I was at pretty much every bill's bar show until they stopped. It was more of the venues fault for allowing this bullshit to happen and not kicking kids out for being complete douchebags. If some dude is running around and punching people in the face security should have at least been like "do it again you're out" to him, but that didn't even happen. for the most part the security at bills is fsu and thought all of that shit was funny or normal. and of course with today's hardcore kids when one kid does it they all jump on the band wagon and the next thing you know 20 of them are doing it. finally it was causing problems and that shit had to stop because of a law suit. when if the security simply broke up the fights instead of watching them and made actual consequences for such actions I don' think the hardcore shows would have gotten shutdown.

BUt if throwing bands that don't cause problems onto a show happens it gives more bands shows and creates more diverse fans. Hell that's why I think I like pretty much every genre of music. And that's definitely not a bad thing to have an open mind musically.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 12:35pm
bojern said:
i think the only center of attn, should be the band playing! thats why your there, to meet up with friends and watch a show...not to kick kids in the face.

I can name plenty of bands hardcore and metal that get discouraged when there isn't crowd movement. I know a ton of bands who feel taht the kids out in the pit are showing their respect for the band's music and it makes the band feel happy.

I also know metalcore bands that think dancing is gay and don't want that shit happening when they play.

it all depends on the band. I say if the bands telling the place to move do it the fuck up and if they are trying to get kids to stop dancing... then cut it out. it's pretty simple.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 8,2004 12:36pm
Then start booking mixed shows, I for one will never do it. On top of hating the attitude of modern hardcore, I also hate the way it sounds.
I have no idea who those bands are you think people should put onto metal shows. I've booked bands who blend metal and hardcore together, but wouldn't necesarilly call metalcore. If those bands are good then they can send me music just like all the other bands who want to play shows I book.

And as far as going to a concert over a show, burnt by the sun would be playing in a larger place that moshing wouldn't be a problem at because people who don't like it can stay in the back or to the side or whatever.
If you mosh at a show however, it's rather unavoidable, especially with hardcore fans.

I don't care if I am coming across as an asshole, hardcore is lame every single way you look at it and I don't care who knows that I know.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 8,2004 12:44pm
hey joe - I think you went to school with my ex/current girlfriend

in holbrook

or at least she's seen you around town

toggletoggle post by woodsicus  at Jul 8,2004 1:02pm
Not every Hardcore kid is an asshole though, and that's what sometimes spouts this stupid argument of metal vs hardcore.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 8,2004 1:44pm
go to a 'punk-core' show like cbk, with honor, give up the ghost, bane etc... and there aren't nearly as many assholes. it's a lot of singalongs and stage diving.

it's when you go to tough-guy hardcore shows like dbd, botn, or since the flood that you see a lot people getting punched in the face.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jul 8,2004 2:00pm
It can work, it has work, if don't like the bands on the bill, don't go. And in the immortal words of Rick Ta Life:
Strenght Through Unity. The Spirit Remains. Strength. Through. Strengh Through Unity. So you think this is about you. It's about every kid. Every band, every show. Do your best to support the scene. Acceptance holds the keys. That'll make it grow. Everybody.

toggletoggle post by Paul FOD at Jul 8,2004 2:28pm
hardcore turned gay when people made it that way. I like metal better always have. Its simple its just better music, but some hardcore is damn good too. Unfortunatly hardcore kids are DICKS. I have no problem with mixing bands in shows thats how it should be. There are plenty of metal kids who "dance". Ever seen Dying fetus or ES at the pallidium? Very brutal up there. Shit diecast used to play with all kinds of brutal bands. In NYC, kids kill each other to metal bands. Mixing bands is the way to get other people into the music. Whatever i mean at this point i dont give a fuck and id rather see a metal band then a hardcore band any day personally. Its just not that fun going to a hardcore show because you get these fake ass crews that are all a bunch of fashoncore fags who cant fight. Going to a hardcore show is just a big fight. Almost everyone hates everyone and there are always problems. I think if people drop the pisspoor attitude then maybe just maybe all extreme generes can play together and everyone can get along.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 2:32pm
Paul FOD said:
hardcore turned gay when people made it that way. I like metal better always have. Its simple its just better music, but some hardcore is damn good too. Unfortunatly hardcore kids are DICKS. I have no problem with mixing bands in shows thats how it should be. There are plenty of metal kids who "dance". Ever seen Dying fetus or ES at the pallidium? Very brutal up there. Shit diecast used to play with all kinds of brutal bands. In NYC, kids kill each other to metal bands. Mixing bands is the way to get other people into the music. Whatever i mean at this point i dont give a fuck and id rather see a metal band then a hardcore band any day personally. Its just not that fun going to a hardcore show because you get these fake ass crews that are all a bunch of fashoncore fags who cant fight. Going to a hardcore show is just a big fight. Almost everyone hates everyone and there are always problems. I think if people drop the pisspoor attitude then maybe just maybe all extreme generes can play together and everyone can get along.

YES!

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 2:43pm edited Jul 8,2004 2:51pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Then start booking mixed shows, I for one will never do it. On top of hating the attitude of modern hardcore, I also hate the way it sounds.
I have no idea who those bands are you think people should put onto metal shows. I've booked bands who blend metal and hardcore together, but wouldn't necesarilly call metalcore. If those bands are good then they can send me music just like all the other bands who want to play shows I book.

And as far as going to a concert over a show, burnt by the sun would be playing in a larger place that moshing wouldn't be a problem at because people who don't like it can stay in the back or to the side or whatever.
If you mosh at a show however, it's rather unavoidable, especially with hardcore fans.

I don't care if I am coming across as an asshole, hardcore is lame every single way you look at it and I don't care who knows that I know.

I also saw BBTS (who brought in a lot of hxc fans) w/ today is the day (who brought the metal fans) back at genos in maine when i was 16 and there were about 30 people there. people still danced at had a good time. no one bitched about one person or the other.

again, i wasn't talking about your shows, so i'm unsure why you took it so personally. I made sure to point out the fact that i wasn't talking about your shows.

I'm just saying quit fucking bitching about one another because we all have alot of things in fucking common. (again i'm not talking about asshole hardcore kids and metal kids, but i am speaking of the hardcore bands who appreciate metal and everyone and everyone at a show) like i can very easily see invocation of nehek getting on a show with metal bands, or the network, or screams of erida and causing no problems (yes you can argue those have metal riffs and suck but they're still for the most part hxc kids and involved in the hxc scene)

there are alot of bands in the hxc scene that don't have douchebag fans that I thought would fit very well on a show with metal bands and it wouldn't cause a problem what so ever. that's all i'm trying to say. as gay as it sounds this is a time when unity is very needed in the scene.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jul 8,2004 2:45pm
snakefist said:
one last thing, nobody should fucking talk about trendiness in either scene, because hardcore, or metalcore, or whatever the fuck you want to call it is as trendy as new metal ever was, ive seen tons of kids go from limp bizkit clone bands to unearth clone bands in the past couple of years, all they did was stop wearing baggy pants and buy a bunch of nora t-shirts at hot topic and now they're part of the totally cool, and original thinking hardcore kids who think for xthemselves and dont listen to anybody elsex.

united forces
It doesn't matters how you wear your hair
It's what inside your head
United Forces stand for all strong and fair
Black, white and yellow and red

CHORUS-

Skinheads and bangers and punks stand as one
Crossover to a final scene
United Forces and their job won't be done
Until the world can see

CHORUS
No rednecks, no jocks, no macho bullshit attitudes
United Forces can't be stopped-REPEAT TWO TIMES

CHARLIE!!!!

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jul 8,2004 2:52pm
Actually I will say this. DC shows has it down. The 2 times we've played there it has been with all different heavy bands, HC, Grind core, thrash, death and there have been zero problems. The kids go off and dont act like assholes and everone has a great time.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Jul 8,2004 2:56pm
WhyamIandasshole said:
Actually I will say this. DC shows has it down. The 2 times we've played there it has been with all different heavy bands, HC, Grind core, thrash, death and there have been zero problems. The kids go off and dont act like assholes and everone has a great time.

I haven't been to DC, but i've heard alot of things about the scene down there. It seems fucking awesome. Like you can talk to fans of Tragedy about Isis and vice versa. I mean look at fucking Misery Index? I've seen sparky wearing a diecast shirt, um the singer/bassist (i forget his name) wearing tragedy, etc. and then go on tour with a band like cannae! that's fucking awesome.

toggletoggle post by Soloman   at Jul 8,2004 2:57pm
Metalheads are jealous. Edge for life.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 8,2004 3:07pm
Ha ha ha, sXe is gay.

Have some self control.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi at Jul 8,2004 4:15pm
i don't care who anyone plays with. if a band i like is playing, most likely i'd go. if i don't like the other bands, i can simply not pay attention, or go outside. i'll give everything a fair chance, but i can usually tell if i like something or not in less than ten minutes.

as far as my own band goes, hirudinea has played with all kinds of bands from grind, death, black, doom, hardcore, emo, thrash, alternative rock, punk, noise, etc. we don't give a fuck really who we play with. i don't have to like every band to play a show. not every band we play with has to like us. i could care less. one of the best shows we ever played was in lowell with some horrible punk/hardcore bands that sucked ass. the place went off, you don't see that much at our shows unless we instigate it, we like that reaction. so yar, mixing styles can't always be a bad thing.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jul 8,2004 4:43pm
moran said:
And in the immortal words of Rick Ta Life :

i thought he said sign up to my record label so i can get your band 3 shows then record your cd tell you i sold 5 copies and then bootleg them all over the country gettin paid.

rick does alot for the scene but he is realy all about himself. one of my friends was the fill in bassist for coming correct. i say this about rick from expirience not what i heard.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jul 8,2004 4:59pm
I think you have him mixed up with Joe/Notcommon.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 8,2004 5:41pm
Well, I think part of the problem is also the people who book shows. A lot of times you end up with 2 or 3 shows the same night, a touring bands show (not really flexible with the date) and then 2 locals show, who really doesn't need to be happening the same night. Even if it's not the same style there's always cross draw.
For example, on the 25 of June, there was 4 shows in Providence:
Forca Macabra/Voetsek (on tour) at AS220 - 128 people paid
Insted/Mental/Verse (I don't know if tour or not) - 160 or so paid
Red Chord / and others (on tour) at the Green Room - 120 or so paid
Throne Of Hate and some others at Safari Lounge - 30 people or so.

It looks like it doesn't cross draw, well it seriously did. The Forca Macabra show would have sold out. And the Red Chord show would have too, but that was mostly 3 shows with touring bands.

Another perfect example is the upcoming August 9th show.
Terence is bringing a great death metal tour in Worcester with garanty and all, we have a skate thrash show in town (wont cross draw except for me), and then Bane Of Existence is playing too. No offence, but Terence booked that tour ages ago, so why does B.O.E. have to play a show the same night?
I'm really psyched to see death metal tours being booked by someone else than Mass Concerts, and in a way we should all be, yet we all manage to fuck each other up.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Jul 8,2004 5:52pm
moran said:
attendmyrequiem said:

I'm with this guy. I miss Club 121. Every weekend always had a good mix and the place was always packed.

Club 121..now there was a shady place. I used to be in circle of hate and the crowd was sick. Everyone came to see us there. Then at one show a riot broke out and T. ran out swingin a bat at everyone and some one out side got stabbed. that place was fucked,,,but I did have fun there!
I wouldnt mind playin with hardcore bands..I think its the other way around. I dont think they want to play with metal bands. Hardcore kids have alot of pride and want there own scene as much as the metal scene does. And I couldn't see hardcore fans or fsu slammin to most death or metal bands like they do at (lets say) "blood for blood "shows. Exspecialy at the venues we are givin these days. Not much room to pit at the choppin block or obriens.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 8,2004 6:28pm
attendmyrequiem said:
bojern said:

I can name plenty of bands hardcore and metal that get discouraged when there isn't crowd movement. I know a ton of bands who feel taht the kids out in the pit are showing their respect for the band's music and it makes the band feel happy.

I also know metalcore bands that think dancing is gay and don't want that shit happening when they play.

it all depends on the band. I say if the bands telling the place to move do it the fuck up and if they are trying to get kids to stop dancing... then cut it out. it's pretty simple.

attendmyrequiem i think you might have misunderstood what bojern meant. if he's thinking the same thing i am, it's not that the crowd should not move at all and just watch the band. i think he was responding to my post when i said there are some hardcore dickheads who try to make themselves the center of attention by clearing room so everyone can watch that one guy dance, and that's fucking stupid

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jul 8,2004 6:30pm
Was the 121 show it the Hatebreed one?

toggletoggle post by dread_104  at Jul 9,2004 12:36am
Robdeadskin said:
moran said:
attendmyrequiem said:

Club 121..now there was a shady place. I used to be in circle of hate and the crowd was sick. Everyone came to see us there. Then at one show a riot broke out and T. ran out swingin a bat at everyone and some one out side got stabbed. that place was fucked,,,but I did have fun there!
I wouldnt mind playin with hardcore bands..I think its the other way around. I dont think they want to play with metal bands. Hardcore kids have alot of pride and want there own scene as much as the metal scene does. And I couldn't see hardcore fans or fsu slammin to most death or metal bands like they do at (lets say) "blood for blood "shows. Exspecialy at the venues we are givin these days. Not much room to pit at the choppin block or obriens.

i remember 121 very well. i live right down the street. now, i can only recall one show with metal and hardcore bands together. shadow's fall and diecast. all the hardcore kids made fun of shadows fall, just like they did every time they played with hardcore bands. then one day the former overcast singer joins shadows fall, and now all these hardcore/metalcore kids love 'em. strange, huh. the best part, i seem to recall shadows fall and overcast playing the same bill at the met, and the overcast fans just made fun throughout sf's entire set. the same people who ended up becoming sf's biggest fans.

i know this kinda strayed, and i'm not digging into shadows fall or overcast, my point is about the transparency of the hardcore scene(at least its scene 4 years ago) i like hardcore, but i don't know if mixing shows would be very productive, at least for metal

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 9,2004 8:15am
armageddonday said:
Well, I think part of the problem is also the people who book shows. A lot of times you end up with 2 or 3 shows the same night, a touring bands show (not really flexible with the date) and then 2 locals show, who really doesn't need to be happening the same night. Even if it's not the same style there's always cross draw.
For example, on the 25 of June, there was 4 shows in Providence:
Forca Macabra/Voetsek (on tour) at AS220 - 128 people paid
Insted/Mental/Verse (I don't know if tour or not) - 160 or so paid
Red Chord / and others (on tour) at the Green Room - 120 or so paid
Throne Of Hate and some others at Safari Lounge - 30 people or so.

It looks like it doesn't cross draw, well it seriously did. The Forca Macabra show would have sold out. And the Red Chord show would have too, but that was mostly 3 shows with touring bands.

I think it's time for a round table discussion of all the promoters haha.

Anne! Come to the Chopping Block tonight or tomorow!

toggletoggle post by ieat.. at Jul 9,2004 11:06am
this thread has alot to say! there's so much to comment on and so much wisdom to say in one short posting, my brain is in semi misfire functioning mode so i'll get to this one later when i'm feeling more philosophical. but things are and things always change.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 9,2004 1:54pm
Joe,
I don't think it's a bad idea to sit down and talk about the booking thing. We don't have to all work together but I think it would be good if you don't screw up on tours. My goal is too bring metal (I said METAL) in RI and MA, bottom line. I'm not booking for money, I'm doing that for passion and to see shows, cause without shows I would be dead by now. We just have to work all together if we want bands to come around here without going through MASS Concert. I mean, M.C. can get the big tours, obviously. But we could really handle shows like the Grave show (that was pathetic), etc. My problem with M.C. is that they always have to stick metalcore bands with deathmetal tours just because they draw more, why don't give a fucking chance to the local deathmetal bands?

toggletoggle post by SUBJUGATE   at Jul 9,2004 2:17pm
armageddonday said:

Another perfect example is the upcoming August 9th show.
Terence is bringing a great death metal tour in Worcester with garanty and all, we have a skate thrash show in town (wont cross draw except for me), and then Bane Of Existence is playing too. No offence, but Terence booked that tour ages ago, so why does B.O.E. have to play a show the same night?
I'm really psyched to see death metal tours being booked by someone else than Mass Concerts, and in a way we should all be, yet we all manage to fuck each other up.

listen for the millinth fucking time i have been posting here looking for shows for months and no one made any offers to us (xcept joecommon), the compound contacted me and made me an offer for aug 9th so i took it (i wanted aug 2nd but it was booked already) i was/am trying to keep this show in the shadow of the MAYHAM CONVENTION hoping it'll help our draw on the 9th.
i'm not gonna turn down a show just cause there are other shows booked that day i also wasn't aware of terence's show being that day until after i had already said yes to the date and didn't want to pull out of it cause we already cancled there one before and to canle twice may have made it so we could never play there

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 9,2004 3:29pm
That's cool....I don't read every post on this board so I didn't really see your other posts about this matter. It's still all local bands though, and seriously Terence booked that show in March. I'm not attacking you here, it's really just a observation, this shit happens all the time. I just believe we should be more careful when we book local shows that's it.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jul 9,2004 4:02pm
armageddonday said:
That's cool....I don't read every post on this board so I didn't really see your other posts about this matter. It's still all local bands though, and seriously Terence booked that show in March. I'm not attacking you here, it's really just a observation, this shit happens all the time. I just believe we should be more careful when we book local shows that's it.

I agree with this guy. There is alot of comeptition for shows which is good, but it also makes it harder on everyone went there are 4 shows in one day. Usually the weekends. It doesnt help that the number of places metal bands can play at is shrinking by the day. But if we organize the weekend shows better it can only strengthen the overall draw of every show. Cant hurt.

toggletoggle post by The Taste Of Cigarettes at Jul 9,2004 4:28pm
that's kind of a negative factor, though

1) most of us are really the "freest" on weekends and are looking to use that time to play with our bands as we earn money to pay for our equipment and merch during the week at jobs. so we use the weekends to gig. Plus that's when you are most likely to get an audience for the same reasons (plus friday is pay-day)
2) if we just wait around for 3-4 promoters to book us we'll never play shows. bottom line. we have to have 5 different shows because we're doing these shows for ourselves because, as local bands that don't yet have a major following, we can't seem to get promoters interested. they go "never heard of you" or wait till they have a show where they can squeeze you next to other bands that do have a following that might mince well with you.
3) if jim or bob or ricky or rachel wants to do a show, they should be able to and not have to defer to the guy who booked the big touring band. It's unfortunate that touring bands lose money this way, but it's also even more unfortunate when local bands and local promoters can't do a show because they have to contest with darkest hour or dying fetus, bands they couldn't possibly book due to lack of money or lack of connections. What good is it to have lots of touring bands in an area and a local scene that is chocked dead? Local music is really vital to a community, arguably more so than national music. Even if a local band never makes it out of town they can have a big impact on the scene there.

I'm not agreeing with anyone in particular. These are just my views. I would feel bad if local bands couldn't play a certain night cause they didn't want to draw away from a big band that has a guaranteed draw...I mean the underdog should get a chance too.

Last time I did a show the same night as this band that was from Spain I did my show earlier and told everyone at the show I did to go check out the band from Spain at the other show and even offered rides there. That is a good civil middle ground.

but yeah I DO think it's lame when there's 8 shows at once...like I was gonna go see I, Destroyer on Sunday but then heard about Darkest Hour...how does one pick? In the end I decided that (though it's cancelled now) I would go to the Safari Lounge show because I could support the local RI scene better that way, and see The Nightmare Continues. I tend to like local music and smaller bands better than big bands anyway.

toggletoggle post by The Taste Of Cigarettes at Jul 9,2004 4:32pm
or another middle ground is for the promoters to, yeah like anne said, talk to one another and maybe have the bands that need help get on the same show as the touring band, or vice versa. Or have the touring band play two shows in one night at different times. Like something to hybridize.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Jul 9,2004 5:03pm edited Jul 9,2004 5:20pm
armageddonday said:

nextt ime i book a show i'll be sure to get a permissin slip from Terence

didn't somone book misery index in ri the same nite as the raising kubrick tour start off show @ the c-block?

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 9,2004 5:26pm
Really, don't take it like that. As I said I'm not attacking you, I was just making an observation, at the end, you're the one to decide, not me. This is just a repetitive pattern, it happens all the time with a lot of us...chill out.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 9,2004 5:33pm
Anne, I was joking about the round table discussion...I was just saying come to the show so we can finish our trade and hang out!

toggletoggle post by Being anonymous rules at Jul 9,2004 5:53pm
On this site hardcore kids get a bad rap. Have you ever talked to any of the kids at shows? There is really not alot of hate there. Most of the kids know eachother and the shows that are just hardcore bands have few if any fights. The problem is when you mix bands and someone takes being hit personally. Hardcore is violent and kids want to dance.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 9,2004 6:08pm
Being anonymous rules said:
On this site hardcore kids get a bad rap. Have you ever talked to any of the kids at shows? There is really not alot of hate there. Most of the kids know eachother and the shows that are just hardcore bands have few if any fights. The problem is when you mix bands and someone takes being hit personally. Hardcore is violent and kids want to dance.

Exactly why they should stay segregated (sp?)

toggletoggle post by honor4death   at Jul 9,2004 7:37pm
hardcore kids are gay, simple as that, go suck a dick you sXe emo faggots

toggletoggle post by Being anonymous rules at Jul 9,2004 9:44pm
I listen to hardcore but I'm not emo, I can drink most people under the table so I'm definetly not SXE and I'm knee deep in muff. You got to love stereotypes.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 10,2004 3:24am edited Jul 10,2004 3:26am
that doesnt change the fact that every hardcore band sounds almost exactly the same. there is no point in writing breakdowns anymore because every single configuration of single note chugs has been done before. every old school hardcore riff sounds the same now and really, anything that you can do, has been done in hardcore already. its a fucking horrible plague and it should be snuffed out already. every single scene in existence is lame and all of them, should collapse and take any close-minded, worthless, sheepish, douche bags with them. Hardcore is gay, Meshuggah is gay, tr00 black metal is gay, monotonous boring death metal is gay, whiny, bitch, breastfed emo/screamo/pop-punk is gay, useless prog/power nerds are gay... i hate it all. the only music that matters is Classical, Jazz, Prog rock, 80's metal, and new age. eat an entire Shaw's paper shopping bag full of horse diarrhea and cram three rusty flathead screwdrivers into your jugular.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 10,2004 9:42am
awww spalding, you're so romantic

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 10,2004 1:44pm
Joe I was actually serious about sitting down and talk about the show booking situation. But I read your post too late and didn't bring the CDs, well you know. Next time.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 10,2004 2:22pm
Hey Anne, I will be at your shop around 5:30 and then after that I am going to the Choppin' Block show, so I could bring Joe the CDs that you owe him.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 10,2004 3:01pm
Yeah, stop by I will give you the CDs for Joe.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 11,2004 5:40am
I think they should coexist.

I recently went to a show and while standing on the outside of the mosh pit got hit in the face. The guy came up to me and apologized, thats not what I call being an asshole. Throwing your fucking fists in the air is an expression and a way to let their anger out. Yeah there will always be assholes in this world who make fun of people with their minions, so what thats probably because they got made fun of when they were younger so they find it ok for themselves to do the same - you think people wouldn't get all butthurt about a guy in CHICK PANTS making fun of you but apparently I'm wrong. So fucking deal with the assholes or kill yourself.

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Jul 11,2004 5:59am
I think your gay... Real metal heads and hardcore fags that wear anal beads around their necks, do kung fu theater, and like to act like they are in a high school soap opera have no business in the metal scene...STAY THE FUCK OUT!!! Stick to your scene points, back packs, fruity tattoos, ebonics, etc, etc... Ya'll Suck a black throbbing cock... Metal for Metal heads...Europe for Europeans... and metal core for the little kiddies... Get the fuck out and stay the fuck out!!!!

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 11,2004 1:17pm
this thread just got a little bit tougher

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 11,2004 1:36pm
anonymous said:
I think they should coexist.

I recently went to a show and while standing on the outside of the mosh pit got hit in the face. The guy came up to me and apologized, thats not what I call being an asshole. Throwing your fucking fists in the air is an expression and a way to let their anger out.

yea but that guy obvioulsy hit you by accident. when the wall of the pit is directly behind you and you do a hard roundhouse kick, you KNOW you're going to hit someone, and that's when you become a piece of shit.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 11,2004 5:17pm
Personaly, if I ever get hit at a show by kickboxing dudes, I hit them back, and I don't give a shit. And if it's at one of our shows, I make him stop (The Nightmares Continues set at the Rotten Sound show). The bottom line is that I don't like going at a show to get kick, so I basically avoid going at metalcore shows...and booking them too (ChrisABomb is there for that).
The funny part is that so many guys are bitching cause there's no girls at shows/in the pit, and that might be part on the reason (I said "part of").

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jul 11,2004 5:20pm
armageddonday said:
Personaly, if I ever get hit at a show by kickboxing dudes, I hit them back, and I don't give a shit. And if it's at one of our shows, I make him stop (The Nightmares Continues set at the Rotten Sound show). The bottom line is that I don't like going at a show to get kick, so I basically avoid going at metalcore shows...and booking them too (ChrisABomb is there for that).
The funny part is that so many guys are bitching cause there's no girls at shows/in the pit, and that might be part on the reason (I said "part of").

haha i remember that, you almost took the guys head off

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 11,2004 6:54pm
That is the reason that I am NOT going to go to the MISERY INDEX show, way too many gay (hardcore) opening bands.

I will be at the Choppin' Block show instead.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 12,2004 4:25pm
This whole thread is crap.

Metal kids are gay crybabies that think they're tough. And "hardcore" is over run by metrosexual nerds that think they're tough.

Im personally disgusted with the state of both. They're both consumed by lazy-asses, and douchebags who are too concerned with who/what is popular, how many different ways they can segregate and alienate others to make themselves feel elite, and ways to be smartasses on the internet instead of actually going to shows every weekend and living what they say.

If there were half as many kids actually going to the shows (on BOTH sides) as there are on the internet bitching about things you pretend to care about, then it might not all be so pathetic.

Metal kids: For a group of people that projects this hyper-masculine persona you certainly are quick to cry when a 90 lb kid throws a kick near you. I can't tell you how many metal kids I've seen get banged out over nothing, all because they had to go pick a fight with some kid they didn't know because he "moshed" a different way. Face it. You're nothing special.

"Hardcore" kids: For a group of kids who are so into getting brass knuckle chest peices, taking livejournal pictures of yourselves holding guns, and memorizing Throwdown lyrics you certainly are quick to run, and cry when the bigger kids (who were around before you, and will be around after you) show up. I can't tell you how many times I've seen metrosexual douches act hard, and brag about fighting one minute, and then turn emo at the drop of a hat when someone else puts them on the floor. Face it, you're nothing special.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jul 12,2004 5:31pm
yeah, what he said

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jul 12,2004 5:46pm
man do i hate those metro fags! hahahaha.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 12,2004 6:42pm
funny, i don't recall ever proclaiming to be a badass

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Jul 12,2004 7:40pm
hey Aaron, 8th anniversary show that sounds like a killer idea you should do it

toggletoggle post by Bestial Onslaught at Jul 21,2004 2:21am
Joe/NotCommon said:
Being anonymous rules said:

Exactly why they should stay segregated (sp?)

Yes... I have no problem with hardcore in general or even metalcore, though there are verrrrry few metalcore bands I like, but frankly, metal shows are much better without dancing. I go to do some headbanging and maybe a little thrashing around with my friends, so I don't want that interfered with, just as I would not go to a hardcore show and headbang in the middle of the pit.

One thing I do disagree with that seems to be prevalent in hardcore though is the idea that if you get hit on the edge of the pit, you aren't even supposed to give the person a shove back... Basically if you knock someone on their ass while throwing dropkicks and windmills, it's ok, but if the next time you run into the guy, he gives you a little push back into the pit, he might have to deal with your crew. It's more about who you know than a consistent code of behavior... And that's fine for hardcore shows if that's the way it is, but I think metal is just fine without this.

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jul 21,2004 3:30am
BESTIAL ONSLAUGHT.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Jul 21,2004 7:21am
BO, please give us your definition of what u think "thrashing" is.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 11:08am
snakefist said:

I totally agree with this dude! I cant stand it when hardcore/metalcore fruitcakes show up. I cant speak for everyone but all the ones ive seen all seem to watch the karate kid before going to shows. they run around taking cheap shots at everyone in the pit and talk down to everyone who isnt straight edge while eating their stupid fuckin vegan rabbit food! And then they wonder why metalheads want to fight them all the time. I dont support underground i support metal. So what if the shows are dead. id rather play a show in front of ten or twenty metalheads that i can drink beer and party with afterwards than a room full of gay scenesters goose stepping and airboxing all over the pit. i say keep em sparate. we dont want them at our shows and they dont want us at theirs.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 21,2004 12:55pm
Christraper said:
...id rather play a show in front of ten or twenty metalheads that i can drink beer and party with afterwards than a room full of gay scenesters goose stepping and airboxing all over the pit.

Yeah me too, unless the room full of metalheads start beating the shit of one dude for no reason...that is as stupid as the "gay scenesters goose stepping and airboxing all over the pit"

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jul 21,2004 1:28pm
hey guys can we generalize people by what music they listen to just a little more?

cause I mean, segregating people and making gross assumptions about others is what life's about, isn't it?

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 1:39pm
armageddonday said:
Christraper said:
...id rather play a show in front of ten or twenty metalheads that i can drink beer and party with afterwards than a room full of gay scenesters goose stepping and airboxing all over the pit.

Yeah me too, unless the room full of metalheads start beating the shit of one dude for no reason...that is as stupid as the "gay scenesters goose stepping and airboxing all over the pit"

nobody beat the shit out of that guy but Bloodfuck.......and maybe Satan John a little afterwards but that kid totally had it coming! He shouldve left the first time he got thrown through mikes door but instead he chose to stick around and talk shit. Its ok though, he wasnt in the driveway the next morning so as far as we know he's still alive.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 21,2004 2:49pm
Yeah, he's alive he stopped by the store the day after to apologize ???
He didn't remember anything...well that's what he said. I waited for him outside when I left to see if he was alright.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 3:21pm
that was a funny night! it was great when you kicked max in the head!

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Jul 21,2004 3:29pm
I didn't kick Max in the head! I was about to kick his ass, yes...but I didn't kick him...tell me I didn't...

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 3:59pm
no dude you totally kicked him square in the face when he poured beer in your boot! his head went back so fast he probably got whiplash! hahahaha!

toggletoggle post by mosh hard or go home!! at Jul 21,2004 4:17pm
I thought this thread was dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this hardcore vs. metal talk does is start trouble. Metal rules and hardcore rules = the end.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 4:19pm
hardcore blows donkies

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jul 21,2004 4:19pm
Anne beats on Russians! HAHAHAHAHA!

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Jul 21,2004 4:24pm
mosh hard or go home is a funny name.

toggletoggle post by Mosh hard or go home at Jul 21,2004 4:26pm
It is a cool name isn't it. I think I'll use it from now on.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 21,2004 4:26pm

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Jul 21,2004 4:27pm
haahhahahahahahahahah

toggletoggle post by Mosh hard or go home at Jul 21,2004 4:27pm
Wow a metal head who's homophobic how original.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Jul 21,2004 4:28pm
its funny to watch skeletons dancing.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Consumed Finnish Demeter
[default homepage] [print][7:00:31am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.08863 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]