New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> AMON AMARTH: Deceiver Of The Gods Streaming In Its Entirety Courtesy Of Ultimate-Guitar by the_reverend on Jun 21,2013 11:29am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 21,2013 11:29am
AMON AMARTH: Deceiver Of The Gods Streaming In Its Entirety Courtesy Of Ultimate-Guitar

With the long-anticipated release of AMON AMARTH's Deceiver of the Gods now less than a week away, Ultimate-Guitar today hurls forth a stream of the band's mammoth new studio recording in its entirety!

Bursting at the seams with authority, melody and immersive storytelling centered around the richness of Norse mythology, AMON AMARTH have consistently upped their game with each release in their storied discography and their ninth offering is no exception. Deceiver Of The Gods captures the quintet at the peak of their powers. Said Decibel Magazine in a 9/10 rating of the record: "Deceiver Of The Gods goes from rampaging to brooding to anthemic over a well-conceived trajectory… This is an album that begs to be consumed in its entirety at every listen, just to get the full experience."

Hear for yourself, for a limited time, courtesy of Ultimate-Guitar at THIS LOCATION.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...its_entirety_exclusively_on_ug.html

Deceiver Of The Gods was recorded at Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, UK, produced, mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap (Opeth, Megadeth, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage) and bears another brilliant Tom Thiel-crafted cover depicting a mythical battle between the Norse Gods Loki and Thor.

With 2013 marking AMON AMARTH's twenty-first year, as well as the fifteenth anniversary of their debut full-length, their longevity and reputation for releasing killer album after killer album places them on a similar trajectory to the likes of Slayer and Cannibal Corpse, which is rarified company to be in. Likewise, having seen many younger faces flocking to their shows alongside their longtime faithful, the band are enjoying themselves now as much as they ever have, and vocalist Johan Hegg wouldn't have it any other way. "It feels fantastic that we've been able to do this for so long and managed to get this far, and it's been a hell of a ride. I don't think we've yet reached the limit of how far the band can go, and we still have plenty of aspirations - and opening for Iron Maiden one day remains high on the list! I'm just happy as long as we can continue doing this. I try not to lose myself in dreams of what might be and rather focus on where we're at and what we're doing right now, and having as much fun along the way as we can.

Deceiver of the Gods will be released in North America via Metal Blade Records June 25th, in Europe June 21st/24th and Japan on June 26th. Special preorder packages are still available at this location: http://www.metalblade.com/amonamarth.

AMON AMARTH are preparing to return to North America next week opening the main stage of this year's edition of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest set to commence June 29 in San Bernardino. See confirmed dates below.

AMON AMARTH @ Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest 2013:
6/29/2013 San Manuel Amphitheater – San Bernardino, CA
6/30/2013 Shoreline Amphitheatre – Mountain View, CA
7/02/2013 Idaho Center Amphitheatre – Nampa, ID
7/03/2013 White River Amphitheatre – Auburn, WA
7/05/2013 Desert Sky Pavilion – Phoenix, AZ
7/06/2013 Isleta Amphitheatre – Albuquerque, NM
7/07/2013 Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre – Englewood, CO
7/09/2013 The Intersection – Grand Rapids, MI w/ Children of Bodom, Job for a Cowboy, Battlecross, Huntress
7/10/2013 Molson Canadian Amphitheatre – Toronto, ON
7/12/2013 First Niagara Pavilion – Burgettstown, PA
7/13/2013 Toyota Pavilion – Scranton, PA
7/14/2013 Darien Lake Performing Arts Center – Darien Center, NY
7/16/2013 Comcast Center – Mansfield, MA
7/17/2013 Bangor Waterfront – Bangor, ME
7/19/2013 Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ
7/20/2013 Saratoga Performing Arts Center – Saratoga Springs, NY
7/21/2013 The Comcast Theatre – Hartford, CT
7/23/2013 PNC Bank Arts Center – Holmdel, NJ
7/24/2013 Jiffy Lube Live – Bristow, VA
7/26/2013 Klipsch Music Center – Noblesville, IN
7/27/2013 First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre – Tinley Park, IL
7/28/2013 DTE Energy Music Theatre – Clarkston, MI
7/29/2013 Expo Five – Louisville, KY w/ Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Emmure, Motionless In White, Born of Osiris, Job for a Cowboy, Battlecross, Huntress
7/30/2013 Lakewood Amphitheatre – Atlanta, GA
7/31/2013 Live Nation Amphitheatre – Tampa, FL
8/02/2013 Austin 360 Amphitheatre – Austin, TX
8/03/2013 Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The Woodlands, TX
8/04/2013 Gexa Energy Pavilion – Dallas, TX
8/05/2013 Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre – Kansas City, MO w/ Rob Zombie, Machine Head, Children Of Bodom
8/07/2013 Pop's – Sauget, IL w/ Children of Bodom, Battlecross, Huntress
8/08/2013 Marathon Music Works – Nashville, TN w/ Children of Bodom, Battlecross, Huntress
8/09/2013 Peabody's – Cleveland, OH w/ Children of Bodom, Battlecross, Huntress
8/11/2013 Heavy MTL Festival – Montreal, QC

http://www.amonamarth.com
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialAmonAmarth
http://twitter.com/amonamarthband
http://deceiver.amonamarth.com
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Amon Amarth
Labels: Metalblade Records

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 21,2013 11:37am
please be better than Surtur Rising.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 11:43am
I've legitimaly lost any remaining interest I've had in this band. It has been on a decline since they stopped tremelo picking and went way overboard with the chugga viking riffs. No fucking care anymore.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 21,2013 11:55am
i'm a total fanboy, though I don't care for the last one, and don't listen to Twilight that much. but I love WOOOS and Vs. The World.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jun 21,2013 12:09pm edited Jun 21,2013 12:11pm
I haven't heard anything past Versus the World...I think I heard "Pursuit of Vikings" but I can't think of how it goes.

toggletoggle post by DYA is TWILIGHT OF THE BLUNDER GOD at Jun 21,2013 12:19pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
since they stopped tremelo picking

I still don't know what the fuck you're talking about with this, this literally never happened. Trem picks on every album, nearly every SONG.

Not saying they haven't declined a bunch (or become the Ramones of death metal), but this is just the weirdest complaint.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 12:29pm
Listen to Once Sent From the Golden Hall or The Avenger. The albums are primarily tremelo picked melodies, more of an early to mid 90s Swedish melodic death sound. While the new albums have them picked riffs, they ultimately changed their style and polished the production as time went on. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I don't know what to say.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 12:32pm edited Jun 21,2013 12:33pm
I would take a song like Victorious March over anything they've put out in the last ten years.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 12:36pm
Also lol @ them playing Bangor Maine. Kinda interesting.

toggletoggle post by DYA is TWILIGHT OF THE BLUNDER GOD at Jun 21,2013 12:39pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Listen to Once Sent From the Golden Hall or The Avenger. The albums are primarily tremelo picked melodies, more of an early to mid 90s Swedish melodic death sound. While the new albums have them picked riffs, they ultimately changed their style and polished the production as time went on. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I don't know what to say.

I'm not saying they haven't gone downhill (I already said I'm not saying that, haha) it's just weird to say they "stopped tremolo picking" when they objectively haven't.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 12:44pm
I should have said "as much" or "main focal point of the guitar playing"

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 21,2013 12:54pm
Go do a ritual in your flat you eurotrash scumfuck.

toggletoggle post by ark at Jun 21,2013 12:55pm
it sounds alright. you know exactly what you're getting. i listened to the surt rising literally once. twilight of the thunder god a few times. they should spread out a bit more with their writing. an amon amarth album slowed to a funeral doom crawl pace would be cool.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 1:08pm
Give me back my Ghaleon doll, faggot.

toggletoggle post by DYA is TWILIGHT OF THE BLUNDER GOD at Jun 21,2013 1:10pm
Bobbleheads From the Golden Hall

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 21,2013 1:30pm
Look for it with your torch AKA flashlight.

Roche got 'roids.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 21,2013 1:30pm
the last couple albums haven't done much for me. The last one I really liked was With Oden On Our Side.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm   at Jun 21,2013 1:37pm
Lold

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 21,2013 3:57pm
Boring band is fucking boring.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Mutilated Stoned Christ
[default homepage] [print][4:10:44am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01918 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]