New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MA Taxes, tolls, and etc. going up... YET AGAIN by arilliusbm on Jan 15,2013 9:21am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 9:21am

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 9:24am
Thanks Obama.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 15,2013 9:39am
No idea how any of you can afford to live down there.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jan 15,2013 9:42am
no idea how anyone can find work in NH

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jan 15,2013 10:10am
Obama strikes again, along with Duvall.

Congratulations Massholes! Your votes hard at work!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jan 15,2013 10:11am
and I dont feel one ounce of pity for Massholes....look at their voting record. Fuck em.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 15,2013 10:16am
I read this as YETI AGAIN

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 15,2013 10:17am
Hoser said[orig][quote]

I didn't vote for either of those shitheads. Deval Patrick is the worst MA governor ever and we've had a lot of shitbag governors here.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 15,2013 11:14am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
I read this as YETI AGAIN

your taxes are increasing because the state needs to prove that I exist.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 11:35am
Yeti don't pay no taxes

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jan 15,2013 11:50am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]

I didn't vote for either of those shitheads. Deval Patrick is the worst MA governor ever and we've had a lot of shitbag governors here.

I did vote for him only because the platform he ran on was the polar opposite of the things he's actually done.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 15,2013 11:57am
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
no idea how anyone can find work in NH

I know people.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jan 15,2013 11:57am
hook me up

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:05pm
I'll take it. Massachusetts is not Michigan. Investing in infrastructure isn't a choice.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:06pm
I would also live in NH or ME if I could find a decent job. May do it in the future.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:08pm
I mean tell me again how this is bad? "More taxes?" So shortsighted. You pay for it now or you pay dearly later.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:11pm
I could go on about how good infrastructure attracts revenue, but it might be way too complicated for the folks who used the word "Obama" in this thread.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:13pm
Or we could continue to put road salt on the credit card...whatever..

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:14pm edited Jan 15,2013 12:17pm
Because everything has been already been increased in the last 5 years. The states' government is corrupt. The tolls were already increased. Commuting has increased. The Big Dig used shoddy Chinese parts and multi million dollar projects are already falling apart. The gentrification of Boston is sickening. This state is one of the most expensive, corrupt places to live, and though I do see long term value in infrastructure renovation. The problem is, we've had enough of paying more and getting less.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:15pm
If you guys hate MA so much then leave. Otherwise blame it on the city slickers who need public transportation. Higher taxes lead to us getting some of the best HS test scores in the country. Elitism ain't for everyone.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:20pm
Tolls ain't shit here, go take the ny turnpike and tell me how corrupt we are after you pay $8 to drive from Worcester to Boston. It's simple, like when I play Age of Empires, I could just sit on me gold but after awhile you gotta upgrade all the buildings. It only helps me in the end. There is a difference between corruption and being efficient.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:20pm
Obviously there are great things about MA, and education being one of them. I just reaalllllllllly dislike this state's government.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:25pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Because everything has been already been increased in the last 5 years. The states' government is corrupt. The tolls were already increased. Commuting has increased. The Big Dig used shoddy Chinese parts and multi million dollar projects are already falling apart. The gentrification of Boston is sickening. This state is one of the most expensive, corrupt places to live, and though I do see long term value in infrastructure renovation. The problem is, we've had enough of paying more and getting less.

Gas tax hasn't gone up since 1991. Yeah there are a lot of projects that are a joke but where would the city be without them. We can't just disconnect the economy from the metropolitan northeast. Corruption and overdue projects won't go away no matter where you are, it's the price to pay for the standard of living in the region. Best economy in the country and world class education, not to mention most stable infrastructure that every business loves. Less state revenue equals less state jobs and more reliance on the federal government for aid.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jan 15,2013 12:26pm
Fuck tolls. They should all be eliminated. Tax when people are already taking the time to pay taxes, but making them stop in the middle of the highway and hiring someone to take change from them is probably the most inefficient dumbfuck method of existence in regards to taxation and generating revenue. It kills nearly as much time and money as it generates.

Aside from that, raising revenue good, investing in infrastructure and education good.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:28pm
No tolls in Canada. Best roads and infrastructure. Fucking beautiful country.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:29pm
Eliminate tolls and tax my car more. Use less gas, less traffic, no overhead to pay for all that shit to collect em.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:30pm
This is really about the city of Boston being overpopulated and the transportation department doing their job by saying we need to fix shit before its totally broken. Until people stop moving there to other cities it won't change. I ain't no lemming, if you were born here you know Boston is just an expensive garbage bag to live in, I'll take 2 acres of land over 100sq ft of patio any day.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:32pm
Raising the gas tax doesn't bother me that much.
I'm more or less fed up with reading about all the state politicians on trial for stealing money.
The biggest source for my frustration is the MBTA. I slick my way into the city on trains that were assembled in 1975 and pay nearly double as much as I did 6 years ago.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:33pm
Installing SimCity2000 tonight.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:34pm
all the state politicians on trial for stealing money.

I slick my way into the city on trains that were assembled in 1975 and pay nearly double as much as I did 6 years ago.

at least they're on trial...
and you just answered why the transportation network in this state needs investment badly.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:38pm edited Jan 15,2013 12:39pm
Yea, which I thought the initial increase was supposed to fix. Whatever, as long as I can live, eat, and sleep I dont care too much.
I can tell you though that the Mass DOR and child support division is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:40pm
child support division is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.
i believe that man.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:41pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
and I dont feel one ounce of pity for Massholes....
crying a river here bro.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:44pm
Raising the gas tax doesn't bother me that much.
I'm more or less fed up with reading about all the state politicians on trial for stealing money.
The biggest source for my frustration is the MBTA. I slick my way into the city on trains that were assembled in 1975 and pay nearly double as much as I did 6 years ago.

hahah, yeah John beat me too it but yeah, those fuckers are on trial (the ones who got caught at least, fucking ballsy stuffing a quarter million in yer bra, huh?). and yeah, you just admitted that the MBTA needs upgrades. THAT'S WHAT THE TAX HIKES ARE FOR. Technically I think Jim is the blame for all this, he takes the fucking MBTA and allows this corrupt nazi gov to take mo of my money.
Hey at least I'm not some poor ass jew clinging to gold in NH. It probably won't be more than $50 out my pocket for the tax hike and some many people act like that's taking a pint of blood. Big deal. I have my shit together. Hail to Massachusetts.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:44pm
I dont understand what Obama has to do with any of this when there's 50.5 states, and each with their own problems.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:46pm
rand%20ark%20thor said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]
and I dont feel one ounce of pity for Massholes....
crying a river here bro.

Yeah that's because Hoser is anti American and hates his fellow country men. He'd rather see the country not pay taxes and become the USSR than continue the domestic fight for supremacy on the mainland. Too each their own!

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:47pm
He doesn't.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 12:47pm edited Jan 15,2013 12:47pm
Haha it's either take the MBTA or move to boston. Or get a job outside of Boston, WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME.

Fuck living in boston. City slicking black metal

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 15,2013 12:49pm
LIVE FREE OR DIE.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:51pm
It's anti American to hate your fellow countrymen. Just because you serve in the military doesn't make you right and in fact it makes you more of a coward for turning your back on your fellow man. That's fine if you wanna live in the middle of nowhere, far away from us elite Massholes but the bottom line is we won't be able to count on someone who hates their country men to overthrow the government who hates us.
IT'S ALL GOOD, I KNOW HE'S JUST DOING IT TO INCITE DEBATE.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 12:53pm
LOL @ anyone who thinks this money will be used to fix the MBTA and won't just fill the pockets of union hacks.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:55pm
It will be used for both, that's why the hike is so much!

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:55pm
LIVE FREE AND DRIVE TO WORK IN MASSACHUSETTS.
Too bad New Hampshire folk never invested in education to figure out they'd be alot better off without suckling on the tits of MA business to survive. NH is a job creators nightmare apparently. It's okay, we love helping you guys out, sucks seeing a people get abused by gov in NH.

toggletoggle post by rand ark thor at Jan 15,2013 12:56pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
LIVE FREE OR DIE.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN GOOD SIR.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 12:56pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
LOL @ anyone who thinks this money will be used to fix the MBTA and won't just fill the pockets of union hacks.

That's the whole idea. Someone needs to support the pursuit of a free market.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 1:35pm
WHAT A SECOND GUYZ. HOSER COULD ACTUALLY BE CANADIAN, A FALSE PROPHET FOR AMERICA, NO WONDER HE LIVES OFF THE GRID IN MAINE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoser
Like the very similar term hosehead, the term may have referred to farmers of the Canadian prairies, who would siphon gasoline from farming vehicles with a hose during the Great Depression of the 1930s.[citation needed] The expression has since been converted to the verb "to hose" as in to trick, deceive, or steal; e.g., "That card-shark sure hosed me."

'Hosed' has an additional meaning of getting drunk. For example: "Let's go out and get hosed." Another possible origin is derived from hockey slang. Before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game. Thus the term "hoser" being synonymous with "loser".

A hoser's flannel shirt may also be referred to as a "Kenora dinner jacket". Some regional variations of this term also exist, usually substituting a hoser-stereotyped local community's name in place of Kenora.[3] This also could have originated from the movie "Strange Brew".

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 15,2013 3:26pm
i agree with ark. pay now, or pay dearly later. without raised taxes i wouldn't have had the pleasure of waking up last night to what sounded like the fucking Armageddon as a 75 foot machine went by my window grinding down the train rails sending massive amounts of sparks everywhere. it was awesome.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 15,2013 3:34pm
BSV said[orig][quote]
LIVE FREE AND DRIVE TO WORK IN MASSACHUSETTS.
Too bad New Hampshire folk never invested in education to figure out they'd be alot better off without suckling on the tits of MA business to survive. NH is a job creators nightmare apparently. It's okay, we love helping you guys out, sucks seeing a people get abused by gov in NH.

I live and work in NH, but I do agree that the job opportunities are better (and generally higher paying) in the Commonwealth. I could make more money working for a company down there, but I choose not to.

Though I do have MA vendors, so don't worry, I still support your state as much as I like to avoid visiting.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 15,2013 3:40pm
I see there's no mention in here of the 2% increase in Social Security Payroll Tax. No one else noticed their paychecks were smaller this pay cycle?

"The employee Social Security tax rate was increased from 4.2% to 6.2%. This tax applies to Social Security wages of $113,700 or less."

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 3:43pm
Thanks again Obama.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 15,2013 3:44pm
Obama's middle name is HUSSEIN! He's OBVIOUSLY a TERRIST, FAGGITZ!

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 15,2013 3:45pm
Yeah, I'm for limited government and limited taxation but infrastructure is one of the cornerstones of a strong economy.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 15,2013 3:48pm
And yeah, fuck tolls. What a crock. $3.75 to come back over the Tobin from Peabody, fuck right off with that shit.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 3:50pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
BSV said[orig][quote]

I live and work in NH, but I do agree that the job opportunities are better (and generally higher paying) in the Commonwealth. I could make more money working for a company down there, but I choose not to.

Though I do have MA vendors, so don't worry, I still support your state as much as I like to avoid visiting.

No worries. I've always understood the contempt for Massholes from our northern neighbors. I don't take it personally and I generally enjoy getting you guys all fired up, but that's me; a dude who watches talk radio on the tv, inciting debate left and right.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 15,2013 4:59pm
I really don't hate MA people, I just like to call out stereotypes because it's funny (and all stereotypes exist for a reason).

I think the real reason that MA people have a bad reputation with NH residents, is because many treat this state like their entitled personal playground. It's just obnoxious seeing $60,000+ shiny SUVs with MA plates parading around this state like they own it...oh wait...they now do, and they just elected this fucking cunt to run it:

Typical born-rich liberal twat.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jan 15,2013 5:11pm
Where is she from, Rye?
I'm fairly confident you guys and Mainers TRADEMARKED "MASSHOLE" because of our driving skills.
As far profiling Range Rovers, we hate Wellsley/Newton snobs just as much, trust me.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 15,2013 5:43pm
Born in Boston, grew up in Lincoln. Very rich family -- they have a "family estate" in Little Compton, RI. Here you go:

http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/-/9857748/17994604/-/ns3mjiz/-/index.html

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jan 15,2013 5:53pm
So is this or isn't this the thread for whining about federal taxes also going up $1000+?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jan 20,2013 4:56am
Born in Boston, grew up in Lincoln. Very rich family -- they have a "family estate" in Little Compton, RI. Here you go:

She lives in Exeter, NH

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at Jan 20,2013 5:58pm
Our tax dollars are supposed to go to infrastructure FIRST, but instead it's going to SALARIES for deadbeat politician crooks and unionized neer do well fagholes who are on lunch from 9 to 5. Oh, you want your potholes filled and bridges passable? You gotta pay extra for that, bub...

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 20,2013 6:08pm
Got a raise, more than offsets tax hikes. Strong unions are the balls.

toggletoggle post by DYA is MY DICK at Jan 20,2013 6:09pm
BSV said[orig][quote]
It's simple, like when I play Age of Empires, I could just sit on me gold but after awhile you gotta upgrade all the buildings.

Politics I can get down with.

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at Jan 20,2013 6:13pm
Unions are a branch of the Democratic party, your "dues" go to support and elect lying hypocrite cuntholes like Elizabeth Warren and every other pandering fuck who excels at giving away the shirt off other people's backs. Pass.
I do like fat chicks though, so at least we have that in common.

toggletoggle post by Garth Algar at Jan 21,2013 4:17am
Unions rule. Fuck everyone of all y'all who naysay.Also, Big bag of assorted nigger parts is fucking retarded. Being an asshole online is no longer edgy.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Jan 21,2013 11:54am
Garth%20Algar said[orig][quote]
Unions rule. Fuck everyone of all y'all who naysay.Also, Big bag of assorted nigger parts is fucking retarded. Being an asshole online is no longer edgy.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jan 21,2013 1:25pm
Big%20bag%20of%20assorted%20nigger%20parts said[orig][quote]
Unions are a branch of the Democratic party

Well OK, but in that case, management is a branch of the Republican party, and any worker who sides with management's interests over their own is a naive propaganda sucking tool.

Both yours and mine are mostly true statements - as long as you take into account that there are some union members who are Republicans, and corporate interests in bed with some Democratic politicians. Kind of murks it up a little bit. But not much.

Big%20bag%20of%20assorted%20nigger%20parts said[orig][quote]
your "dues" go to support and elect lying hypocrite cuntholes like Elizabeth Warren and every other pandering fuck who excels at giving away the shirt off other people's backs.

Warren is your example of the worst Democrat? Consumers over big banks Elizabeth Warren? The big banks can afford to buy their own shirts without anyone of us going to bat for their financial interests.

Bad Democrats to me are the type that are too chummy with the banks: Jon Corzine, Cory Booker, Chuck Schumer... lots of examples to choose from without going after an actual credible populist like Warren.

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at Jan 21,2013 5:15pm
I was calling Warren a lying hypocrite cunthole because she's got the gall to complain ad infinitum about "millionairres and billionairres" not paying more in taxes, and yet SHE, a multimillionairre (she's worth over $15 mil), has never opted to pay the higher voluntary tax rate in MA. And before she was in MA, she was registered as a Republican which also makes her a carpetbagging panderer as well. And this isn't necessarily an indictment of Democrats, there's no difference with the RINOs either (which most are). ALL OF THEM are guilty of the same.

toggletoggle post by truequintessence_nli at Jan 22,2013 6:42am

So instead of this cunt we were supposed to vote for that Ovid Lamon...frenchy faggot sounding name guy who wanted to outlaw abortion (bible, merica) etc,

Republicans need to just stop reading the bible and die off if they have any hope of winning any states north of alabama in the future. FACT.

toggletoggle post by truequintessence_nli at Jan 22,2013 6:44am
I am a NH resident btw and enjoy it more than MA, but I'd much rather live in Vermont and yes it is impossible to find any fucking jobs here.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 22,2013 10:33am edited Jan 22,2013 10:34am
truequintessence_nli said[orig][quote]

So instead of this cunt we were supposed to vote for that Ovid Lamon...frenchy faggot sounding name guy who wanted to outlaw abortion (bible, merica) etc,

Republicans need to just stop reading the bible and die off if they have any hope of winning any states north of alabama in the future. FACT.

I voted for Babiarz, the Libertarian candidate. I didn't vote for Lamontagne because he was a bible-thumping pro-life douche. You're absolutely right about the Republican party, if they want to get elected:
-Get the religious right out of the party
-Let the fags get married (really, who gives a fuck)
-Stop with the anti-abortion shit
-Go back to be a fiscally conservative party

I hate liberals, but I also hate Jesus fags. Doesn't leave alot of choices in our useless 2 party system.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][10:28:03am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.05868 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]