New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bottled water ban begins in Concord MA by Alx_Casket on Jan 10,2013 10:01am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 10,2013 10:01am
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/07...-sale-of-plastic-water-bottles?lite

Bottles one liter or less are now banned from being sold in Concord. A first offense comes with a warning, followed by $25 for second offense and $50 for any beyond that.

As a tap water enthusiast, I welcome our new overlords.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 10,2013 10:10am
Facebook repost.

toggletoggle post by barren ark at Jan 10,2013 10:19am
"This ban deprives residents of the option to choose their choice of beverage and visitors, who come to this birthplace of American independence, a basic freedom gifted to them by the actions in this town more than 200 years ago," the group added, noting Concord's place in U.S. history. "It will also deprive the town of needed tax revenue and harm local businesses that rely on bottled water sales."

GOOD that they were banned exactly because of this attitude. Your town sucks and is full of water bottle litter. What happened 200 years ago is ancient history. Your freedom to consume stupid wasteful bullshit has been taken away. Your businesses should fail if they rely on bottled water sales. Fuck off anyone who believes bottled water bans are a gateway to Stalinism. Fuck right off.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 10,2013 10:32am
haha seriously. "it's our right to produce massive amounts of plastic waste and refuse to use tap water!". bottled water even has a lower standard of purity than tap water.

toggletoggle post by wahtah at Jan 10,2013 11:10am
do a brita filter about it faggots

toggletoggle post by eyeroller at Jan 10,2013 11:27am
wahtah said[orig][quote]
do a brita filter about it faggots

I lol'd

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 10,2013 11:30am
Brita? Only pur is real.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 10,2013 11:37am

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 10,2013 11:41am
Not like people can't buy bottled water when they make their liquor runs to Lexington, anyway (Concord is a dry town).

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 10,2013 12:18pm
You guys clearly don't have Brockton well water. We had 3 pets die from tumors in their stomach. No tap water for us but we got a FAHKIN' BUBBLAH to cut down on all the bottles.

toggletoggle post by jerry_seinfeld_on_no_sleep at Jan 10,2013 1:06pm edited Jan 10,2013 1:06pm

toggletoggle post by givemeedtilimdead at Jan 10,2013 2:12pm
Haverhill has some of the best tap water in the USA (according to a plumber buddy of mine) I always drink out of the tap. Fuck bottled. waste of $$$

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 10,2013 2:32pm
Brockton well water? I'd think that everyone would be on city water, it's not the sticks.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 10,2013 2:36pm
Nope we've had the option to connect to it but it's pretty costly. We just buy jugs of water and make sure not to cook with the tap (boiling doesn't eliminate hard minerals). Having the well fuckin sucks. Water smells like hard boiled eggs and turns the shower curtain yellow/orange.

toggletoggle post by poser alert at Jan 10,2013 2:52pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]
smells like hard boiled eggs and turns the shower curtain yellow/orange.

nikki's vagina?

toggletoggle post by LucidCurse at Jan 10,2013 2:59pm
ITT: Yuppies of metrowest fight back

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jan 10,2013 3:24pm
haha? who?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 10,2013 3:44pm
Apparently some dude named Nick who has a vagina?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 10,2013 4:19pm
The solution is simple, tomahawk assassinations for the selectmen.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jan 10,2013 7:12pm
Boxed water.

I'm not even fucking joking on that one.

Also, glass bottles are still okay.

toggletoggle post by Elsa at Apr 20,2013 1:39am
After the Concord bottled water ban passed, according to CBS Boston, state officials mulled a statewide ban, but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. The ban in Concord, according to NBC News, was the culmination of a three-year effort to ban bottled water. Local businesses aren't happy and stress the ban hurts their sales and will drive bottled water sales elsewhere. I just read it from here: PersonalMoneyNetwork

toggletoggle post by Concerned Forum User at Apr 20,2013 2:14am
Elsa said[orig][quote]
After the Concord bottled water ban passed, according to CBS Boston, state officials mulled a statewide ban, but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. The ban in Concord, according to NBC News, was the culmination of a three-year effort to ban bottled water. Local businesses aren't happy and stress the ban hurts their sales and will drive bottled water sales elsewhere. I just read it from here: PersonalMoneyNetwork

Greetings Elsa, hope you are a woman.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Apr 20,2013 2:21am edited Apr 20,2013 2:23am
There is a movement to get the ban lifted.

It still strikes me as completely fucking ridiculous. We can sell boxed water, water in glass bottles, seltzer in plastic bottles (Apparently, as soon as the water gets carbonated it's okay), and 1.5 liter plastic bottles and larger. But no single-serve plastic bottles.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][4:30:58am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01214 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]