New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I'm looking to do a project again. by Reapers_grave on Dec 25,2012 11:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Reapers_grave  at Dec 25,2012 11:28pm
Since my last band a couple years ago fell apart permanently i'm looking to do something new with other people.

I'm located in New Hampshire, but can travel at least one night a week, occasionally more and have a flexible schedule in doing so.

I'm a guitar player, i have a stack and peavey 6505+ head and access to some other gear. I've been playing for over 10 years. Solid rhythm player, not so much a lead player, but i can play black metal melodies. Bands include Mindslave and ex-Nuclear Decay.

I'm pretty open to what i play. Interested in either joining a band, starting something new with a few people, or members to collaborate on more specific projects i've been working on (mostly drummrs). I play a lot of black metal, speed/thrash, a bit of traditional metal and have a punk background so that influence may come into any of those styles. Other influence are everything, especially older death metal, folk music, ambient/electronic, and other experimental forms of music.

I have access to a space if need be, just would need to bring your own equipment.

Message me, or facebook me @ http://www.facebook.com/reapersgrave if you're interested. Cheers!

Mindslave: http://mindslave.bandcamp.com
Nuclear Decay: http://www.reverbnation.com/nucleardecay

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Dec 25,2012 11:43pm
Good dude is good

toggletoggle post by Reapers_grave  at Dec 31,2012 9:45pm
Thanks for the props wren, and bump.

If it helps some stuff i'm into, some's more influential than others, but it may help with what kind of stuff i'm interested in doing:

black metal- Early black metal like bathory, venom, hellhammer/celtic frost etc are a given. The french scene (mutiilation, vlad tepes, osculum infame, peste noire demos, mortifera), moonblood, azaxul, nargaroth, the bigger bands from finland (sargeist, satanic warmaster, horna, goatmoon, clandestine blaze, behexen, etc, also older stuff in the style of archgoat, beherit, impaled nazarene), brazilian first wave black/death such sarcofago, holocausto, chakal, first sepultura, sadistik exekution...even more primitive stuff like Ildjarn and Bone Awl are huge into me. A couple USBM bands and albums are also up there. More ambient stuff/burzum influence as well.

death metal- autopsy, bolt thrower, nunslaughter, winter, goatlord, first morbid angel lp, early entombed, sororicide, purtenance, nihilist, nirvana 2002, first darkthrone lp, demigod, incantation

thrash/speed- sacrilege, sacrifice (can), slaughter (can), early destruction, first two kreator, early sodom, abigail (jpn), poison (ger), for modern stuff bands like Midnight, Children of Technology, Speedwolf, etc.

drone/sludge - Sunn O))), grief, noothgrush, dystopia, corrupted, and so on.

doom- mostly funeral doom like mournful congregation, stabat mater, worship, etc.

Other influential stuff includes early punk/grindcore like discharge, napalm death, extreme noise terror, doom, english dogs, anti-cimex, broken bones, minor threat, negative fx, crossed out, infest, siege, deep wound....folk, agalloch, rome, death in june, sol invictis, current 93, of the wand and the moon...other stuff is definitely up there too, but this should give some direction.

Also interested in joining an established band if you guys are out a rhythm guitarist, or thinking of adding a 2nd, but would depend on the style of the band and what you're looking for more specifically, so link me to your music.

toggletoggle post by band beer at Jan 1,2013 4:04pm
I see no mention of types of beer that you like to drink when you practice.

toggletoggle post by booze is food at Jan 1,2013 8:47pm
i drink mostly liquors anyway, preferences being the standard bourbons, jameson, or making bitch drinks out of whatever vodka or flavored rum i buy that night. Jagermeister is always good when i feel like a luxary.

toggletoggle post by discordiaX   at Jan 2,2013 12:51am
By your booze choices alone I would totally join your band... where in NH BTW I'm into the stuff u described...I'm a bassist/guitarist

toggletoggle post by reapersgrave at Jan 2,2013 10:51pm
too lazy to login,

location manchester, nh.

any drummers you know?

or drummers on this site interested in general interested? i seem to never be able to find your types.

toggletoggle post by reapers_grave  at Jan 9,2013 10:32pm
Yeah i know a few guitarists and bassists, but it seems no drummers. Any drummers who want to start something, but still open to doing guitar in an established band (preferably if i know the band or you guys have recordings i can hear)

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Jan 9,2013 11:17pm
I can play the guitar, and have some songs if you are intersted, PM me.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Jan 10,2013 11:26am
I kind of play everything, probably more excited about drumming currently, but already in 2-3 projects, and doubt I could make the Manchester commute regularly.

toggletoggle post by barren ark at Jan 10,2013 11:30am
not looking to join you but good luck. drummers are usually lazy and taken. go to shows and you're bound to find somebody.

toggletoggle post by I am fucking DEAD at Jan 18,2013 12:57pm
Those are good bands you listed we should jam. I am a drummer. My email is darkmiserypain@yahoo

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 18,2013 1:07pm
are you still fucking dead?

toggletoggle post by Reapers_grave  at Mar 3,2013 6:46pm
Im bumping this. Either my current band mindslave kicked me out or its dead. I'm still really interested in doing stuff, i've had people offer, but nothing really confirmed. Im serious about doing this. Have a space or willing to travel to other people's spaces, have gear, have dedication and motivation, have a positive attitude, have song ideas.

If any bands are looking for a guitar player, or anyone looking to do something just message me on facebook or email (as i might miss it here)

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][9:25:08am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01058 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]