New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Do you actually listen to Christmas / holiday-related music? by Spence on Dec 24,2012 6:35pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spence at Dec 24,2012 6:35pm
Whether it be more classical and/or folkie music, Christmas "classics", newer artists like Michael Bubble covering classics, Trans Siberian Orchestra or simply heavier bands like Jesu and King Diamond who happen to have songs about Christmas.

What do you listen to, if anything, and when? Only Christmas day, Christmas week, all of December?

This goes for other holidays too. I know my older brothers love listening to Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly on St Patrick's Day, but I swear they never listen to them at any other part of the year.

Just generally curious. Hope everyone is having an excellent break from work/college/what-have-you and has a good holiday.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Dec 24,2012 6:50pm
Twisted Sister's A Twisted Christmas and the Klezmer Nutcracker Shirim are required listens for me

toggletoggle post by lucidcursenli at Dec 24,2012 6:52pm
Shut up

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 24,2012 7:03pm
Are you serious?
Fuck no. Oh shit, I do own the Halford - Winter Songs CD which I should listen to.
OTHERWISE NO.
Work at Newbury Comics for 6 holiday seasons. Return here in 2018 and look at how stupid what you wrote is.
All ballbusting aside, Xmas music is a major seller still so it's mainly a pop commodity.
There are some metal holiday releases, like I mentioned the Halford release which is actually fucking solid, and at least one comp called A Very Metal Xmas or something which ain't that bad;moreorless a collection of lemmy singing run run rudolph, dio killing some carole and chuck billy dreaming of a white christmas with a grab bag of eddie trunk wet dream studio guys backing them up.
Also, listening to Celtic music only on and around snake patricks day is a fucking atrocity. True Celts dig in year round and also rock corn beef with swiss and spicy brownmustard at least once a month.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 24,2012 7:07pm

toggletoggle post by Spence at Dec 24,2012 7:08pm
Personally, I can't stand most Christmas music(especially cingeworthy is SIMPLY HAVING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME), but I enjoy listening to classical / folk christmas/winter tunes.

And I agree about celtic music. Haha I just used that as an example since not much music related to other holidays immediately came to mind.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Dec 24,2012 7:10pm

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 24,2012 7:23pm
I have the 'christmas on death row' LP that's it. FAG THREAD METAL ISN'T SEASONAL. FOR LIFE OR NOT AT ALL FAGGETZ

toggletoggle post by I_am_not_me   at Dec 24,2012 7:24pm edited Dec 24,2012 7:25pm
Yes, this. Always this.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by joeyvsdavidlopan  at Dec 24,2012 7:24pm

toggletoggle post by I_am_not_me   at Dec 24,2012 7:26pm
Oh, and Spinal Tap. Derp.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Dec 24,2012 7:30pm
this is easily my favorite Christmas/holiday music/movie. I grew up watching the Snowman and it still holds a magical power. The music is perfect, especially the centerpiece "Walking In The Air." I still have the same VHS tape that I watched as a kid!

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Dec 24,2012 9:57pm

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 24,2012 10:37pm
red water > the entire holiday

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Dec 25,2012 12:55am

bennyhillifier
i've had this song stuck in my damn head for the past 2 weeks, i blame notshaver and working at his xmas store 2 years ago.
however this article really tears apart the flaws in andy williams lyrical content.
http://donklephant.com/2005/12/07/worst-christmas-song-ever/
"“Comin’ down the chimney down”? What language is that? What, they couldn’t think of another word that rhymed with “-own,” so they said “down” twice in the same sentence, rendering the whole thing complete nonsense — and then repeated it for effect."

"… and don’t forget to hang up your sock, …

::sound of needle dragging across grooved vinyl:: OK, hold it right there. Right there. This is not a song. I don’t know what it is, some sort of ADHD rant by a kid who just ate his entire stocking full of candy by 9 a.m. on Christmas.

Hang up your “sock,” for crissakes? That’s not even a viable synonym for “stocking” in the Christmas sense, and the whole reason it’s in there is to rhyme with a nonsense word (dickory-dock) that has nothing to do with Christmas or this song either."

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 25,2012 9:11am
I heard a horrible auto tuned cover of "simply having a wonderful christmas time" while Xmas shopping that made me want to be deaf.

toggletoggle post by working_man at Dec 25,2012 10:01am
Oh, to be in school again and get such things as holiday breaks. The wonders of youth.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Dec 25,2012 10:21am
Worst thread of 2012.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 25,2012 10:44am
So far today I listened to Nemesis Divina and Fields of the Nephilim. Later Blessed Offal will be working on a song called ''Preemptive Anthropomancy" and drinking until we can't feel feelings. HERE IS NO CHRISTMAS

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 25,2012 10:46am
YOU CHRISTMAS ENTHUSIASTS NEED TO THROW YOUR METAL COSTUMES BACK ON AND COME HANG WITH US

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Dec 25,2012 10:47am
I don't post on RTTP for a couple of days and these are the kinds of threads we get WTF.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 25,2012 10:55am

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:44:59am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01392 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]