New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Larry Hagman died. Darkthrone will never play live. by demondave on Nov 24,2012 5:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Nov 24,2012 5:19pm edited Nov 24,2012 5:20pm
Larry Hagman died.
I read once that Fenriz was only willing to play live if joined by Larry Hagman.
(It could have been in the Grimoire of Exalted Deeds).
He may have said it more than once, and the only things I found on the internet were these:

http://unholydarkthrone.tripod.com/id47.html

Fenriz: No. Im pretty miffed since you know that Newman from Seinfeld he turned us down, and Larry Hagman turned us down!

Aaron: Oh, no!

Fenriz: Dude, it would be so cool to have him playing bass, you know.

Aaron: That would!

Fenriz: He is the evil one.

and this

http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/Interviews/DARKTHRONE--6963.html

I know you do not like playing live, but if a promoter guaranteed DARKTHRONE at least 100 diehard fans at a venue with a good PA system, stage, etc. would you consider doing it?

"Even if JR from Dallas was doing backing vocals we wouldn't play live man, because Larry Hagman is the evil one!"

toggletoggle post by demondave at Nov 24,2012 5:22pm

By the way, my wife is awesome.
When I mentioned that Hagman died, the first thing she said is -
"I guess that band you like will never play hunh?"

How the fuck she remembers the bizarre anecdotes I tell her over the years is beyond me

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Nov 25,2012 8:08am
Appreciated: Wives Who Appreciate Metal.

Never settle for less.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 25,2012 9:24am
I don't know if its appreciating metal. My wife knows who Darkthrone is too. But if I put Translvanian Hunger on in the car the complaints will start immediatly. LOL

toggletoggle post by demondave at Nov 25,2012 12:17pm
true. my wife has different thresholds for different genres. She likes Vomitory and Evoken. Okay with thrash. But when the vocals get high like the King or Sanctuary she will mock it, or scratchy and raw like Carcass or Exhumed she'll make comments about the singers sounding like they are throwing up...

toggletoggle post by mike29 at Nov 25,2012 12:27pm
I don't bother trying to play my music when my wife's in the car. Ruins the entire listening experience, what with her snarky glares and visible annoyance. I just sit there and absorb the top 40 fucking bullshit and revel in my disgust.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Nov 25,2012 6:02pm
suffering through awful non-metal just makes it better when you finally get your Metal fix in.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 25,2012 10:21pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2012 12:34am
if you are wondering how girls do it, they turn it into the real wives of whatever stories.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 27,2012 7:51am
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
I don't know if its appreciating metal. My wife knows who Darkthrone is too. But if I put Translvanian Hunger on in the car the complaints will start immediatly. LOL

hahaha my wife will tolerate just about anything, but she draws the line at Burzum and Godflesh.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 27,2012 9:51am
My wife brings me General Tso or I beat her.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 1,2012 4:26pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
KEVORD said[orig][quote]

hahaha my wife will tolerate just about anything, but she draws the line at Burzum and Godflesh.

I was playing the new Beherit in the car. One 13 minute track went over fine - the other was stopped after a few minutes and my wife described it as "sounding like a low grade headache"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Heavy Blood Red Angel
[default homepage] [print][5:27:03pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02311 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]