New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Riverside / Jolly US tour! by Spence on Oct 28,2012 3:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 28,2012 3:23pm
Calling it now, going to be the best non-festival show of 2013. Hands down.

http://www.rosfest.com/index.php?option=co...est-2013&catid=1%3Alatest&Itemid=83

If you don't know who Riverside are and you like prog, check them out.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 29,2012 7:46pm
I'd go see riverside even though I don't like a lot of their more recent stuff

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI at Oct 30,2012 11:44pm
I admit I don't know Riverside.

But Jolly loves me.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 6:54am
Riverside / Jolly Dates thusfar:

April 30th: The WindJammer, Isle of Palms | Charleston, South Carolina, US
May 2nd: Vinyl @ Centerstage, Atlanta, Georgia, US
May 4th Rosfest 2013, Gettysburg, US (Fest website)
May 6th: Roxy and Dukes, Dunellen, New Jersey, US
May 8th: Double Door, Chicago, Illinois, US
May 10th: The Pour House, Raleigh, North Carolina, US

More dates may be announced, but we'll see.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 12,2013 7:37am
Officially the worst thread of 2013.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 2:49pm
This thread needs more copy & pasting craigslist adds and praise for random shitty black metal bands, you're totally right.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 12,2013 3:00pm
Get with it notshaver, garbage like this is all the rage with the metal kiddies these days, along with shirt designs straight from Ed Hardy's asshole.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 3:03pm
Haha random polish progressive rock bands who, when last touring the US, played shows to 50 people tops are now all the rage?

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 12,2013 3:14pm
Hence, garbage LIKE this.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 3:15pm
What bands are you referring to?

The only popular band that could really be compared to Riverside is Porcupine Tree.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 12,2013 3:18pm
I just hear a lot of the younger crowd using the term 'prog' to describe bands they like, I couldnt actually name any. Hell some of them might even be good, Im just not interested at all.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 3:22pm
Oh well that's because people don't know the difference between the words "technical" and "progressive" and don't understand the concept that while they can overlap that they don't always.

But nah, this band isn't like one of those PROG METAL LOL bands. They take influence from metal but they also take influence from 70's/80's prog, ambient, shoegaze, pop and jazz too. They're just overall excellent IMO.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 12,2013 3:26pm
Yea Im not taking any shots at you in particular, its just that a lot of us 'somewhat older' folks grew up in a time when being metal still made you an outcast, got you beat up, etc so we have become bitter and close-minded about bands with names like Riverside or Jolly.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 12,2013 3:28pm
Sand in vagina: OP HAS IT

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 12,2013 3:29pm
The thing is that while Riverside do have metal influence, they definitely ARE NOT metal or pretending to be. So maybe that makes it different for you?

As for Jolly, I have no idea what their deal is. I read a review of them once and it said they're like Tool worship, so i've avoided listening to them thus far. hahaha

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 12,2013 3:33pm
Yea Im all for jolly sounding music as long as it isnt trying to call itself 'metal.'

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 12,2013 3:34pm
Riverside is an excellent band, among my favorites. Spence is right that they're not even really metal (though they're metal enough for the metal archives). They're more akin to Porcupine Tree or any band on InsideOut Music (heck they're on that label).

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 12,2013 3:36pm

toggletoggle post by LucidCurse at Jan 12,2013 4:11pm
Cut this faggetry out

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI ... on weed? at Jan 13,2013 2:29pm
trioxin245 said[orig][quote]
Yea Im all for jolly sounding music as long as it isnt trying to call itself 'metal.'

You sound like an idiot.

Jolly is great. It's not extreme-metal, but there's surely metal about them. Who are you to label who is or is not metal?

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI ... on weed? at Jan 13,2013 2:41pm
trioxin245 said[orig][quote]
Yea Im not taking any shots at you in particular, its just that a lot of us 'somewhat older' folks grew up in a time when being metal still made you an outcast, got you beat up, etc so we have become bitter and close-minded about bands with names like Riverside or Jolly.

A few of us that are even OLDER grew up in a time when Poison, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Whitesnake, and a whole ton of other crap was also labelled "Metal", and don't really give too much of a shit how liberally the term gets used.

Personally, I beat up many an outcast while wearing both Poison AND Iron Maiden shirts.

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI ... on weed? at Jan 13,2013 3:08pm
I mean, how is the NOT metal?

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 13,2013 3:45pm
That Taylor Swift cover looks like a joke.

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI ... on weed? at Jan 13,2013 4:48pm
I don't need to log in as captain obvious to quote that post, do I spence?

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 13,2013 5:03pm
I don't listen to that band, I don't even if they're tools enough to actually like Taylor Swift.

You never know. Some people have questionable taste.

toggletoggle post by Captain Obvious at Jan 13,2013 5:26pm
Spence said[orig][quote]

You never know. Some people have questionable taste.

Spence.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 13,2013 5:32pm
But honestly, for the "tools" too lazy to watch the actual video of the band I posted earlier and continue saying "I've never heard them":

They sound like a very creative mix between Tool, 311, and something like old Cure or the Smiths. You might like it, you might not. I know a few people here that should really check it out because they love music like this.

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

Musically they're all over the map, and tend to combine heavy and poppy stuff in the same song. I don't like it all the time, but there's a few songs like "Where Everything's Perfect" where they pull it off amazingly. Sadly looks like the hurricane waylaid any chance of the new album coming out this year.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 13,2013 6:21pm
If it sounds anything like 311, I'm not interested.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 13,2013 6:32pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
If it sounds anything like 311, I'm not interested.

There you go, smart man. I like your style. Why listen to a new band for 3 minutes when you can immediately exclude them in seconds based on a comparison.

I bet the amount of music you don't like directly correlates to the amount of people that don't like your music. ;)

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 13,2013 7:58pm
I bet the amount of people who don't like you directly correlates to the amount of pompous know-it-all dickhead posts you make on Internet message boards.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 13,2013 8:04pm
BURN!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 13,2013 8:04pm
Oops, I forgot the smug winking face. Here it is. ;)

toggletoggle post by LucidCurse at Jan 13,2013 8:15pm
Not reading but FAGGET

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 13,2013 8:50pm
Or people dislike me for the pompous know it all dickhead things I say to their face.

Neither has anything to do with the point - you're being narrow minded. If I'm a dick for calling you on it, so be it.

toggletoggle post by Truth at Jan 13,2013 9:05pm
ArrowHead is not logged in cause he's just another faggot saying faggot shit.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 13,2013 9:20pm
If someone tells me a band I haven't heard sounds like something I have heard and don't like, I'm not going to be interested in listening to it. There's a lot of music out there and I don't have infinite time to listen to every band in the world. Maybe you like every kind of music ever made and have never passed on listening to a band, but I don't. There are some bands and genres I don't like, not because I think the musicians are unskilled or the songs are poorly written, but because I simply don't like how it sounds. If you find it so worthwhile to call me narrow-minded over it, so be it. I get it, you're so open minded and that makes you so much better than me and all the other morons who post here.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 11:35am
Truth said[orig][quote]
ArrowHead is not logged in cause he's just another faggot saying faggot shit.

You must be new here. I'm not logged in because I forgot two passwords in a row. I'm not anonymous, everyone here knows exactly who I am.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2013 11:38am
WTF is going on in this thread?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 11:38am
If someone tells me a band I haven't heard sounds like something I have heard and don't like, I'm not going to be interested in listening to it. There's a lot of music out there and I don't have infinite time to listen to every band in the world. Maybe you like every kind of music ever made and have never passed on listening to a band, but I don't. There are some bands and genres I don't like, not because I think the musicians are unskilled or the songs are poorly written, but because I simply don't like how it sounds. If you find it so worthwhile to call me narrow-minded over it, so be it. I get it, you're so open minded and that makes you so much better than me and all the other morons who post here.

Narrow minded because you'd rather NOT spend 5 minutes listening to it and forming your own opinion because someone on the internet you clearly don't know or respect compared it to another band you don't like.

If you chose to WATCH the video, and say "hey, not my thing" I'd respect that. What you did, however, is sad and retarded. Especially when you could have listened to any number of the tunes I posted with ease, and you already said you like Riverside. What if I were wrong, and you find it nothing like 311?

Dumbass. Too butt hurt to get the point about the error in your thinking. I'm not saying like everything, I'm saying try everything before deciding what you like.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 14,2013 11:46am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
WTF is going on in this thread?

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Jan 14,2013 11:47am
So much fucking garbage music in this thread.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 14,2013 11:58am
ArrowHead%20Logged%20In said[orig][quote]

Narrow minded because you'd rather NOT spend 5 minutes listening to it and forming your own opinion because someone on the internet you clearly don't know or respect compared it to another band you don't like.

If you chose to WATCH the video, and say "hey, not my thing" I'd respect that. What you did, however, is sad and retarded. Especially when you could have listened to any number of the tunes I posted with ease, and you already said you like Riverside. What if I were wrong, and you find it nothing like 311?

Dumbass. Too butt hurt to get the point about the error in your thinking. I'm not saying like everything, I'm saying try everything before deciding what you like.
The only one butthurt about any of this is you. All I said was I wasn't interested. Nothing sad or retarded about that.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 12:28pm
Nothing sad or retarded about that.

You're right, nothing sad about ignoring 5 posted videos in a row and instead dismiss a band based on a comparison on the internet by a dude you clearly don't agree with.

In the end, it's about bands getting a shot at our ear. When you already enjoy the headliner, and it's only a sacrifice of a few minutes, not listening is asinine.

Right now Jolly is looking at some traumatic shit. They just lost their entire studio, rehearsal space, and home. All their gear, the entire new album that was being recorded, etc... gone. And that is added to the difficulty of them trying to build a following, just like you or any other musician has to deal with. And for every one person I've seen listen and say "this is great" or "this sucks", I've seen 5 guys like you who won't even bother to listen. Sad. Retarded.

To put it in perspective, when you first started promoting Dreaded Silence over on the Baystate Rock board some, what, ten years ago? I took the five minutes and listened. Granted, I'm not a huge fan, but I LISTENED. Same went for The Departed/Sacreligion, and all the other locals at the time. In fact, rarely will I see someone post a song, link, or video that I don't listen to it. Rarely do I dig it, but to me it's how I find a huge amount of music I've never heard of. Listening, not going off reviews, names, genres, or comparisons.

TLDR - listen to it. What's the worst that happens, you don't like a song?

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 14,2013 1:12pm
I listened to both bands and they both suck.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 1:41pm
nekronaut said[orig][quote]
I listened to both bands and i'm claiming Riverside suck when it's really just me who sucks.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 14,2013 1:43pm
With each post in this thread, aril grows stronger.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 1:46pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2013 1:51pm
I thought this thread was about having a jolly time at Riverside Park in good ol Agawam Massachusetts. I guess not. Too much butthurt and over-zealous dissertations with unnecessary defensive lashings due to few mere words on an otherwise mediocre band with a (presumably) even worse fan base. Dreadkill is one of the nicest guys around.
If it ain't everyone's cup o' tea, there's no need to get personal. I dunno what stick Petey has had in his ass since he came back. I miss the old helloween Arrowhead; must have listened to too much post-Focus Cynic to where it turned him sour.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 14,2013 1:57pm

I listened to parts of a few songs posted in this threads and I am coming to the exact same conclusion.

Seems like a lot of time wasted arguing about 2 very gay bands. I actually want my 45 total seconds of listening time back.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 2:05pm
The two Jolly songs I listened to(Joy, Where Everything's Perfect) were decent, they're not something I would find myself coming back to I don't think. And it's totally different from Riverside.

Riverside is a band that any and every prog fan should attempt listening to at least once through an entire album.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2013 2:06pm
Only 70s prog plz.

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 14,2013 2:10pm
Man, that Jolly band is even gayer than I could have ever imagined.

toggletoggle post by sinislazy at Jan 14,2013 2:20pm
Haven't liked the last couple of Riverside releases, but I'd like to check out a live show. The Reality Dream dvd is killer.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 14,2013 2:35pm
Spence said[orig][quote]
I listened to both bands and i'm claiming Riverside suck when it's really just me who sucks.

I listened to both bands, I don't like it. Fuck off, you little smug know it all piece of shit.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 14,2013 2:58pm
You should headbutt Spence off the internet for his 18th birthday.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 3:32pm
Spence said[orig][quote]

I listened to both bands, I don't like it. Fuck off, you little smug know it all piece of shit.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take that comment seriously from someone with a username that starts with Nekro. What are you, 13? Only 13 year olds get upset and start internet fights over music.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 14,2013 3:36pm
i actually dig that first Jolly video, but the first 14 seconds almost deterred me completely. i hate that shit, just shut up and post your fucking video. we get it, you're so creative and down-to-Earth.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 14,2013 3:40pm
oh and this thread was for the most part very, very gay. I hate when people say "oh they sound like X band mixed with X band". Jolly sounds nothing like Tool or 311, and marginally like Porcupine Tree.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 3:44pm edited Jan 14,2013 3:45pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
Jolly sounds nothing like Tool

Yeah really, the reason I hadn't taken the time to listen to Jolly before was because i've heard on MULTIPLE(so not just one) occasions that Jolly are just a gayer/lamer version of Tool.

I guess I can see a Tool influence, but I don't see why anyone could say they sound like Tool.

This is exactly why everyone should listen to bands for themselves and not just write bands off based off what other people say.

ETA: in b4 "but you didn't listen to them right away", well duh, but i'm going to see them live so I would've heard them eventually anyway.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2013 3:51pm
I'm still going to give both bands a fair shot because I'm not too familiar with them. Was certainly unimpressed upon initial listening. I really don't like modern sounding "prog" too much, oh noes.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 14,2013 3:57pm
Spence said[orig][quote]
Spence said[orig][quote]

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take that comment seriously from someone with a username that starts with Nekro. What are you, 13? Only 13 year olds get upset and start internet fights over music.

I didn't tell you to fuck off over your taste in music that I don't like. I told you to fuck off because I can't stand you.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 3:57pm
I'm still going to give both bands a fair shot because I'm not too familiar with them. Was certainly unimpressed upon initial listening. I really don't like modern sounding "prog" too much, oh noes.

Everything Steven Wilson touches is pretty much the only post-80'd prog that I truly listen to often. I don't even really consider Riverside that proggie, it's just "prog" fits them better than any other genre terminology. I've heard some people toss around that their first album is more ambient, but I don't know if I entirely agree or not.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 3:58pm edited Jan 14,2013 4:01pm

I didn't tell you to fuck off over your taste in music that I don't like. I told you to fuck off because I can't stand you.

Cool angst bro.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jan 14,2013 4:07pm
someone needs to beat some humility into this smug little faggot.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 14,2013 4:26pm
Really don't understand what all the hemorrhaging over me is about. I seldom go to concerts now, I never go to local shows anymore because most(not all) of the local bands suck and I don't even post on this forum that much. When I DO post, it's because some of you have legit taste in music and i'm here to talk about music, not to be told by insecure 30 year olds that they hate me and think i'm a faggot. (and are also still narrowminded enough to think faggot is an appropriate insult and not totally homophobic)

I'm not part of your silly elitist scene at all, so I don't see why you people think insulting/borderline threatening me is going to make me say "OH WOW, BETTER CHANGE MY LIFE AROUND". I'm just here to hear about bands and offer my two cents every now and then, which I do. It's not like any of you will ever see me in person, and if you do, just flip me the bird and carry on with your day.

Of course, if you're personally offering to "beat some humility" into me, i'm afraid I must decline. I'm actually heterosexual, and don't particularly want your hand near my cock.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 4:26pm

I have way more respect for that than any of the other shit people have said thus far.

You earned your opinion.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 4:29pm
I miss the old helloween Arrowhead; must have listened to too much post-Focus Cynic to where it turned him sour.

Actually, Jolly appeals to bouncy happy pete.

But old pete would recommend a band and people would actually LISTEN TO IT before calling it gay.

New Cynic is rumored to have more metal - I'll believe it when I see it.

New EXIVIOUS is coming, and sounds fucking monstrous. I have private video links of tracking they send me for pre-ordering the album. I can't wait for it to be finished. I have you to thank for turning me on to those guys.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2013 4:33pm edited Jan 14,2013 4:37pm
Thanks for keeping it civil. I reread what I said and I sounded like a douche, as always. And metal Cynic? Yea right.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 4:33pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
oh and this thread was for the most part very, very gay. I hate when people say "oh they sound like X band mixed with X band". Jolly sounds nothing like Tool or 311, and marginally like Porcupine Tree.

Should I break it down for you?

311 - the vocal harmonies and bass sound throughout ALL of "Where Everything's Perfect"

Tool - The polyrhythmic interplay in the middle of "The Pattern" as well as their love of 7/8, which is also the primary signature of most of Tool's catalog.

The Cure, The Smiths - faggy vocals and groovy ballads about love. They play Smiths covers.

Again - it's why I recommend people LISTEN to it instead of basing their view of my attempt to describe a band that most anyone here would have a hard time describing. I'm pretty musically literate, and you'll note even my description wasn't accurate to you - my entire beef with Dreadkill's claim.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 4:37pm
xgodzillax said[orig][quote]
someone needs to beat some humility into this smug little faggot.

This thread is smug faggot central. Which one of us do you mean?

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 14,2013 4:42pm
If something even remotely sounds like 311, even if only to one person, I want as little to do with it as humanly possible. However, I listened to the Jolly track and deduced that it actually is similar to 311, as both bands share the same uncanny ability to generate images of dicks rubbing together. All in all, I can say with 100% certainty that anyone who likes Jolly has bad taste in music.

Oh and by the way, using something as broad as a time signature is not an accurate way of comparing two bands. By that logic, Avril Lavigne sounds like Funebrarum because both have at some point used 4/4.

toggletoggle post by The Only Truth In This Thread at Jan 14,2013 4:47pm
Spence said[orig][quote]
i'm a faggot

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 14,2013 4:52pm
Riverside: All those notes and not a single moment of discernible inspiration. The vocalist sounds almost as bored as I was listening.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 14,2013 5:16pm
BLAH BLAH BLAH it's all subjective.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 14,2013 5:17pm
veqlargh said[orig][quote]
Oh and by the way, using something as broad as a time signature is not an accurate way of comparing two bands. By that logic, Avril Lavigne sounds like Funebrarum because both have at some point used 4/4.

bingo. Attila does not sound like Emperor because they use harsh vocals.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 6:59pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

Quick, name another popular band that has multiple well known songs in 7/8

Most people hear 7/8 and say "that sounds like tool". Thus the many tool comparisons.

Glad you guys disagree, but I'm not really in need of a musical education here.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In at Jan 14,2013 7:00pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

That's what I've been saying with the blah blah blah. Not sure what you think you're proving. Just listen, and like or dislike. Don't start pecking at the description I gave like a faggot.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jan 14,2013 11:17pm
Quick, name another popular band that has multiple well known songs in 7/8

Most people hear 7/8 and say "that sounds like tool". Thus the many tool comparisons.

im not gonna try and say that they necessarily use 7/8, but RUSH uses a lot of odd time signatures, as does dillenger escape plan, also neurosis, coalesce, etc etc etc..

#wonton

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 15,2013 7:18am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

I am well aware that that is what YOU think, however, if the best you can come up with to compare a band to is 311 and Tool, not only do you have a limited musical knowledge, but it would appear to me that it is based entirely on the WAAF top 10 lineup circa 1997. But please, feel free to 'dazzle us with your knowledge of the fine arts' (let's see if you can tell me what band that is from without using google.)

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 15,2013 7:33am
I listened, sounds a LOT like 311. Not bad.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 15,2013 7:40am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

That's what I've been saying with the blah blah blah. Not sure what you think you're proving. Just listen, and like or dislike. Don't start pecking at the description I gave like a faggot.

i guess i was just trying to prove that this thread is gay.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 9:30am
I won't have my right to call someone here a faggot taken away by some little faggot. But I did like when Spence burned Notshaver.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is a Logger at Jan 15,2013 12:08pm
compare a band to Tool, not only do you have a limited musical knowledge, but it would appear to me that it is based entirely on the WAAF top 10 lineup circa 1997.

Yet the only other band you could mention was Rush, which was a little earlier than 1997 if I recall...

Also first tool album was 1993, not 1997.

Meanwhile - people hear 7/8 and think of tool. Sorry that bothers you.

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 15,2013 1:12pm
When did I mention Rush? Do YOU even know what you are talking about?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 15,2013 1:15pm
hahaha oh no, nowadays Arrowhead is going the way of eyehatehippies.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jan 15,2013 2:15pm
Didn't rush form in the 60's?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 2:33pm
Didn't rush form in the 60's?
NO

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 15,2013 2:59pm
Rush WAS formed in the 60's, although I don't see what that has to do with how gay 311 fans are, which is what I was talking about.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 3:25pm
Geddy Lee technically formed rush in 68. But the weren't really a solid band till the early 70's and released their first album in 74. So I wouldn't really consider them a 60's band.

toggletoggle post by veqlargh at Jan 15,2013 3:38pm
I didn't say they were a 60's band, I said they were formed in the 60's. Why are we talking about Rush all of a sudden? Let's talk about how gay Jolly is, and how anyone who likes them should be euthanized.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 15,2013 3:46pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Geddy Lee technically formed rush in 68. But the weren't really a solid band till the early 70's and released their first album in 74. So I wouldn't really consider them a 60's band.

They were a Zeppelin worship band until Neil joined.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 15,2013 3:50pm
Exactly, The didn't really become Rush till Fly By Night.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 15,2013 4:21pm
Nothing sad or retarded about that.

You're right, nothing sad about ignoring 5 posted videos in a row and instead dismiss a band based on a comparison on the internet by a dude you clearly don't agree with.

In the end, it's about bands getting a shot at our ear. When you already enjoy the headliner, and it's only a sacrifice of a few minutes, not listening is asinine.

Right now Jolly is looking at some traumatic shit. They just lost their entire studio, rehearsal space, and home. All their gear, the entire new album that was being recorded, etc... gone. And that is added to the difficulty of them trying to build a following, just like you or any other musician has to deal with. And for every one person I've seen listen and say "this is great" or "this sucks", I've seen 5 guys like you who won't even bother to listen. Sad. Retarded.

To put it in perspective, when you first started promoting Dreaded Silence over on the Baystate Rock board some, what, ten years ago? I took the five minutes and listened. Granted, I'm not a huge fan, but I LISTENED. Same went for The Departed/Sacreligion, and all the other locals at the time. In fact, rarely will I see someone post a song, link, or video that I don't listen to it. Rarely do I dig it, but to me it's how I find a huge amount of music I've never heard of. Listening, not going off reviews, names, genres, or comparisons.

TLDR - listen to it. What's the worst that happens, you don't like a song?

Ken, you literally burned down their studio and crashed their van by not watching that video.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 15,2013 4:35pm
Hurricane Sandy took all the credit for my handiwork.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is a Logger at Jan 15,2013 7:40pm
Err... no - I'm saying every chance to win a new fan is a good one for these guys.

They're not really the type of band that's going to have a massive popular appeal.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is a Logger at Jan 15,2013 7:42pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
hahaha oh no, nowadays Arrowhead is going the way of eyehatehippies.

I don't remember much about eyehatehippies, so not sure if it's funny or insulting.

If it's funny, haha I totally get the joke.

If it's insulting - you're bald. And you sound like 311.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 17,2013 7:44am
you're a weird guy Ace, weird guy.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Gored Fatalistic Art
[default homepage] [print][5:08:38am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.06771 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]