New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Kick drum pedal thread (fuck off non-percussioneurs) by ark on Oct 10,2012 1:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 10,2012 1:20pm
I have to buy another double pedal soon. I've been using the 2 kick drum/ 2 single pedal approach forever which is awesome but don't really need it for shows. Considering getting a DW5000 off craigslist for $250, not the best investment BUT not a terrible pedal. I'm not fussy and will play anything. I had DW9000s which were so killer but I broke the pedal hinges. Is the DW5000 really that much shittier? IDEALLY I'd like longboards for efficiency but not looking to spring for those yet. HELP/DISCUSS/FUCK

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Oct 10,2012 1:24pm
ark said[orig][quote]
I'm not fussy and will play anything.

If money isn't a big issue, you could grab those 5000s and use them until you find a great deal on 9000s. Pragmatically speaking, you should still be able to do all the things you want to do on the 5000s as long as this specific set is in good shape.

I regret selling my DW pedal about a decade ago.

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 10,2012 1:27pm
that's what i'm thinking, the dw5000s will work for now/as a backup set. it's a good deal for something that's $420+ new and are apparently only 2 months old.

toggletoggle post by Guitar Center at Oct 10,2012 1:27pm
Go to guitar center and try them out or fag

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 10,2012 1:28pm
NO

toggletoggle post by Kevorc at Oct 10,2012 1:30pm
ORC ORC ORC BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Oct 10,2012 4:10pm
i like the speed cobras from tama. if you are already used to the feel of the iron cobras then you will like the speed cobra. has a longer foot board. more power with less effort due to some angle adjustments they made.

i like the feel of the dw's. but have not had enough time on them to form an honest opinion.

and i know that the demon drive and the axis pedals are super adjustable so they might be cool if i had the time to dial them in but all the ones i have played have felt like shit. it pretty much just feels like my ankles are flopping uncontrollably with no resistance from the pedal. maybe i'm just an asshole for tightening my springs all the way.

toggletoggle post by GeminiII at Oct 10,2012 4:20pm
Axis pedals are really light and I have trouble with them. Iron cobra and dw5-9000 are heavy and speedy but would recommend wooden beaters for supreme drive and control

toggletoggle post by Jonatatwork at Oct 10,2012 5:46pm
I use the demon drives and LOVE them, pricey though and after a couple of years they're starting to break down

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 10,2012 5:56pm
i've used axis and other longboards in that class, i could get some work out of those if i made some adjustments because the lack of resistance is something to get used to. i like heavier pedals, been using iron cobras for years. the speed cobras look sweet.

i bought the dw5000s, they're in good shape for 250.

wooden beaters...never tried those...any links?

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 10,2012 5:59pm
ah yeah something like this for wooden beaters:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMCB90W

it looks like i would enjoy those.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Oct 10,2012 6:49pm edited Oct 10,2012 6:50pm
As far as DWs go... I had a DW5000 double pedal that lasted 10 years of abuse. I bought a 9000 to replace it and I had it break 3 different times across a year's time. I talked to someone else who also owned DW9000 and amazingly, SAME THING. Either the 5000s are built better or DW is just building all their pedals shittier now.

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Oct 10,2012 7:06pm
9000's aren't of any better build quality than 5000's as far as i can tell, they just have more features like adjustable cam profile etc. in my experience this makes them heavier and i would assume more prone to breakage. I recently bought a new 5000 accelerator double pedal (which splits into two singles!) to replace my old 5000 singles which after all these years still work, but are in matts van somewhere... i love the new ones, i have no interest in any other kind of pedal really.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Oct 10,2012 7:38pm
slar%20you%20morbid? said[orig][quote]
5000 accelerator double pedal (which splits into two singles!)

I think this is going to be my next pedal investment...

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Oct 10,2012 10:58pm
ark said[orig][quote]
I had DW9000s which were so killer but I broke the pedal hinges. Is the DW5000 really that much shittier?HELP/DISCUSS/FUCK

i've broken the pedal hinges on my old DW 7000s so i'd say you're pretty much guaranteed to have the same issue on the 5000s

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Oct 10,2012 11:50pm
9000s have free floating cams, they've always felt a little flimsy to be honest. I miss my old 5000 dual accelerator, shit was a beast. I also miss having double chain pedals...

toggletoggle post by The mex nli at Oct 11,2012 2:59am
Demon drives all the way, just replace the beaters. So many options/customizations

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][9:39:58pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01371 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]