Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Progpower USA 2013 by Spence on Sep 15,2012 3:18am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spence at Sep 15,2012 3:18am
Don't know how many people care about this festival, I feel like most people here are definitely more into the MARYLAND DEATHFEST ZOMG kind of thing, but I personally think Progpower always has kickass lineups too. They just announced the lineup for the 2013 Progpower Fest tonight at Progpower 2012. (source: my friend Anthony whose there)

Friday lineup:

Shadow Gallery
Soilwork (lolwut)
Manilla Road
Ashes of Aries
Wolverine (Fucking. Yes.)
Xandria
Myrath
Damnation Angels

Saturday lineup:

Circus Maximus
Sabaton (overhyped IMO, but whateves)
Armored Saint
Wolf
Heaven's Cry
ReinXeed

With two preparty dates that Wednesday and Thursday with special lineups to be announced, as well as several more bands TBA to the main lineup.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Sep 15,2012 3:33am
Goatwhore is also likely to make an appearance.

(after the horrid last minute add of Blackguard to the 2010 progpower, that actually wouldn't surprise me. *shudder*)

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 15,2012 8:22am
Where's the prog?

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Sep 15,2012 8:28am
Xandria? Didn't know they were still around but that's some serious gfm.

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at Sep 15,2012 11:32am
Kinda like Saturday's lineup! REINXEED and Circus Maximus are great, and Sabaton isn't terrible either (but not amazing)

toggletoggle post by Mark R at Sep 15,2012 12:12pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Where's the prog?

2013 definitely has a 'heavy metal' feel to it, which is likely intentional. For many years it's been noted that power metal has always sold a greater proportion of tickets. 2009, which was a 'prog yera', was also a down year for attendance.
This year (2012) came close to being the last one, so it's no surprise that he booked a lineup of bands with a live-performance focus for next year.

I might go to Saturday next year.

Serenity was a real surprise yesterday, they were almost too amazing for words and they had the fullest crowd of the Friday bands.

It was a real treat getting to see Primordial in this type of room and hear them with basically a perfect sound mix; everything was crystal clear.

I can't get the damn wifi in my hotel to work so I had to drive up to a Panera in uptown to check the board, LOL.

I'm expecting good stuff out of Solution 45 and Mystic Prophecy tonight, and of course, Pretty Maids are the reason I came down here and should be world-beating.

toggletoggle post by Mark R at Sep 15,2012 12:14pm
Spence said[orig][quote]

(after the horrid last minute add of Blackguard to the 2010 progpower, that actually wouldn't surprise me. *shudder*)

I think you're actually thinking of Leaves Eyes in 2010, who pissed me off to no end. Not only do they suck balls to begin with, not only were they an uncalled for last-minute addition as you noted, they also had some major tech difficulties with their laptop computers which they need to perform and delayed the schedule by a full hour. As a result, Nocturnal Rites - a band who everyone actualy CARED about, who was worth seeing, and who was guaranteed to kick ass, had to cut their set short.

toggletoggle post by Mark R at Sep 15,2012 12:15pm
Mark%20R said[orig][quote]
Where's the prog?

2013 definitely has a 'heavy metal' feel to it, which is likely intentional. For many years it's been noted that power metal has always sold a greater proportion of tickets. 2009, which was a 'prog yera', was also a down year for attendance.
This year (2012) came close to being the last one, so it's no surprise that he booked a lineup of bands with a live-performance focus for next year.

I might go to Saturday next year.

Serenity was a real surprise yesterday, they were almost too amazing for words and they had the fullest crowd of the Friday bands.

It was a real treat getting to see Primordial in this type of room and hear them with basically a perfect sound mix; everything was crystal clear. This venue is the best venue I've ever been in for myriad reasons, it's a big part of why I'm back at this for the fifth time right now.

I can't get the damn wifi in my hotel to work so I had to drive up to a Panera in uptown to check the board, LOL.

I'm expecting good stuff out of Solution 45 and Mystic Prophecy tonight, and of course, Pretty Maids are the reason I came down here and should be world-beating.

toggletoggle post by Mark R at Sep 15,2012 12:16pm
oops double post

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 15,2012 12:19pm
Man, I would love to see nocturnal rites.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Sep 16,2012 11:07am
Dates confirmed for PPUSA XIV:

September 4th-7th (6th and 7th being the main days, the 4th and 5th being preparty dates)

toggletoggle post by Microsoft Office 2003 at Sep 16,2012 2:11pm
Mark%20R said[orig][quote]
Where's the prog?

2013 definitely has a 'heavy metal' feel to it, which is likely intentional. For many years it's been noted that power metal has always sold a greater proportion of tickets. 2009, which was a 'prog yera'

Interesting.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][10:57:48am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01550 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]