New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Call of Cthulhu and The Whisperer In Darkness - double feature appreciation by demondave on Aug 18,2012 9:59pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Aug 18,2012 9:59pm
So excited. A double feature at the cable car in providence. Call of Cthulhu is amazing, and this is the first I am seeing Whisperer. Lovecraft geeks unite!

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Aug 18,2012 10:03pm
Oh no way they made a film out of the Whisperer in Darkness? My favorite Howie Phil story every.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Aug 18,2012 10:11pm
Are there film adaptions of The Shadow Over Innsmouth or Herbert West The Re-animator?

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Aug 18,2012 10:20pm
I'm assuming you're joking, but just in case...

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Aug 18,2012 10:28pm
I only got the motivation to actually read any Lovecraft earlier this year, don't know much about it other than the stories I read.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Aug 18,2012 10:45pm
if you're looking for lovecraft movies, start with stuart gordons Re-animator, Dagon (loosely based around the shadow over innsmouth/dagon) or From Beyond. Both are excellent movies, although not totally adherent to the source material. Another good one is Die Monster Die with Boris Karloff, based on The Colour out of Space. Great movie. I am also a huge fan of The Dunwich Horror, it's got those great psychedelic 70s visuals. Also, stuart gordon did Dreams in the Witch House for an episode of Masters of Horror which was pretty decent starring the same guy from Dagon.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Aug 19,2012 1:28am

Call of Cthulhu trailer

bennyhillifier

The Whisperer in Darkness

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by demondave at Aug 19,2012 9:33am

Call of Cthulhu is amazing and anyone who enjoys lovecraft should see it. It is done as a black and white silent movie (with musical soundtrack) and is shockingly aligned with the original story.

The Whisperer in Darkness was good but some people may be disappointed. It is done as a horror film from the 30's and is a bit long. Totally worth it for Lovecraft fans though.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Aug 19,2012 11:46am
I liked the Call of Cthulhu a lot. Soundtrack was mesmerizing.

Based on the trailer, The Whisperer in Darkness doesn't seem like it is very close to the original story, as the story is largely told through the correspondence of two men via mail, and there are very little other characters involved, giving it a very drab, isolated feel which is what I loved about it. The movie still looks interesting though, I'll definitely check it out.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Consumed Finnish Nosferatu
[default homepage] [print][4:17:22pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01069 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]