New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dying Fetus - 2012 - Reign Supreme by demondave on Aug 10,2012 7:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Aug 10,2012 7:45pm edited Aug 10,2012 7:46pm

I have been listening to this for a while and it is really good. They have moved further away from the sound they had in the early days, but it is no surprise to anyone that has been listening to them on the last few LPs.

Some people are knocking it, but I just played it over and over. The best critique I saw said "some of the riffs are so simple that you may feel like your IQ temporarily drops a few points. There are some seriously knuckle-dragging grooves on this album. " That makes me chuckle, but it is a little exaggerated. Personally I don't care. Anything that makes me put it on repeat gets a thumbs up.

Of course I got it on vinyl. I'm a vinyl geek.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 10,2012 8:53pm
It's a really good death metal album. Nothing really catches my ear, but it's not bad. The only issue I have with it is that it is "too clean" so the whole album sounds like it was make in a computer.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Aug 10,2012 9:10pm
That's part of the change they have been making lately. I was expecting more bass - you can only really hear it when they are wanking with the scales. I have a pair of really good Bose headphones, and the bass comes out better on that, but you are right. Still think it's worth having.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][12:32:09pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00816 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]