New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> GOREMENT (a band so old it is only on myspace) signs to Century Media by the_reverend on Aug 2,2012 4:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 2,2012 4:12pm
GOREMENT, one of the finest yet obscurest death metal bands to ever emerge from the soil of Sweden, has signed a worldwide deal with Century Media Records for the release of the band's entire recordings.

Within The Shadow Of Darkness - The Complete Recordings will be available exclusively at CM Distro as a 2CD and double vinyl (incl. the 2CD) in late September. Other than GOREMENT's discography compilation Darkness Of The Dead (released in 2004), the entire musical content included on the upcoming release has been carefully remastered from the original master tapes by Dan Swanö, who has already been in charge of the production of GOREMENT's demos and the Into Shadows EP. The result is mind-blowing: All songs sound fresh and incredibly massive without ever losing their original character. Dan Swanö comments:

"GOREMENT was one of the first bands outside my 'circle' that I ever recorded. The first demo was done on a 4 track portastudio, and I must say I am a bit surprised that the sound on that one is the coolest after the restoration!! GOREMENT could have been so much bigger if they had recorded the 1st album in a studio that would have given them the fat and 'gory' sound their music deserves. The songs are catchy and the musicianship high above average in the SweDeath scene at the time. It was a pure pleasure to revisit these recordings and carve out the best sonics possible."

Within The Shadow Of Darkness - The Complete Recordings includes the following tracks:
CD1
My Ending Quest
Vale Of Tears
Human Relic
The Memorial
The Lost Breed
Silent Hymn (For The Dead)
Sea Of Silence
Obsequies Of Mankind
Darkness Of The Dead
Into Shadows

All songs taken from the album The Ending Quest (1994)

CD2
Intro
Darkness Of The Dead
Human Relic
Moulder Within
Intro
Process Of Cent
Gruesome Modification Of Form
Obsequies Of Mankind
The Memorial
Into Shadows
Garden Of Delight
Profound Harmony
Soulless Sanity
Gruesome Modification Of Form (live)
Obsequies Of Mankind (live)
Darkness Of The Dead (live)
Exhume To Consume (live)
Blood, Pus And Gastric Juice (live)

Tracks 1 - 4 taken from the Human Relic demo (1991)
Tracks 5 - 8 taken from the Obsequies ... demo (1991)
Tracks 9 - 10 taken from the Into Shadows EP (1992)
Tracks 11 - 13 taken from the Promo '95 demo (1995)
Tracks 14 - 18 are previously unreleased live tracks (1991) - only on CD

Aside from the doubtlessly grand musical content, Within The Shadow Of Darkness comes with an incredible artwork by German/Swiss artist Carlos Schwabe (1926) whose creepy painting "La Vague" fits the release like no other artwork. The album is packed with everything you can ask for: liner notes by the band, a detailed interview done by Nicola Costantini (well-known for his books "Encyclopedia of Svensk Dödsmetall" and "The Return ... of Svensk Dödsmetall"), all lyrics, plus old flyers, photos, covers, fanzine interviews, etc.

Within The Shadow Of Darkness - The Complete Recordings is meant for all those true fans who either missed the chance to get a copy of the super rare album, demos or EP of the band-- or who don't have the money to pay a fortune for them at online auctions. It will also be released to stop the material from being bootlegged. This album is the one and only official release of GOREMENT to date.

Enter the darkness of the dead...

GOREMENT online:
http://www.myspace.com/gorement
Informational and Related Links
Labels: Century Media Records

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Aug 2,2012 4:14pm
Century Media:

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Aug 2,2012 4:20pm
Hell yeah! Gorement are one of my favorite Swedish death metal bands. I already have a version of this comp on CD but I will buy it on vinyl. Century media does a pretty good job with vinyl.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Aug 27,2012 3:40pm
My Ending Quest is pretty sick.

toggletoggle post by Woah!_NLI! at Aug 27,2012 7:01pm
This is good news. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, they make a comeback?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][5:22:01am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.00992 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]