New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> vocalist seeking new band by cwyte on May 29,2012 6:56pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by cwyte at May 29,2012 6:56pm
24 year old vocalist looking for a new project. current band is looking more and more like it's just a hobby for most of the other members. i'm also growing bored with the music. i'm looking for something more in the grind/thrash/brutal/deathcore vein. i have a good range of conventional highs, mids, and lows as well as some out of the ordinary gutturals and growls. my main influences would be Cattle Decapitation, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dissection, Cerebral Bore, Veil of Maya, The Chariot, Fear My Thoughts, The Acacia Strain, Gojira, Cobalt, Hacride, Baroness, Amon Amarth, Obscura, Revocation. email me at cwhite1376@gmail.com

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 29,2012 7:00pm edited May 29,2012 7:00pm
Get em boys..

And how dare you throw Big D and the Somberlain on that list of consisting of mostly faggotry bands minus maybe Revocation because Dave is on the dawgthrone of chillies.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 29,2012 7:17pm
Good lord...

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 29,2012 7:20pm
Grind\Thrash\Brutal\Deathcore? You forgot Stoner & Ambient Black Metal.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 29,2012 7:22pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
You forgot Ambient Deathcore.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at May 29,2012 8:29pm
New band? Post links to your old band.

toggletoggle post by lulztrain at May 29,2012 8:39pm
josh_hates_you said[orig][quote]
New band? Post links to your old band and provide more excellent fodder for your own humiliation.

toggletoggle post by lulztrain at May 29,2012 8:40pm
Seriously though, what the fuck sort of garbage are half of those shitty ass bands you are "influenced" by, and why the hell would you post here if you weren't just some douche bag looking to get a rise out of the morons who post here? If you are real, you have shitty taste in music.

toggletoggle post by cwyte at May 30,2012 9:22am
well ya'll can go fuck yourselves, i really dont care what you think of my musical taste. sorry that i listen to some new age bands why dont you go throw on some slayer or mayhem and jerk of while you choke yourselves. are any of ya'll in an actual band? let alone one that more than 100 people know about? oh right i forgot thats what all you faggots consider as a real metal band. a no talent group of garage heros who sound like shit and never make it out of the basement. eat a dick

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 30,2012 9:35am
A word to the wise, n00b....

- Post links to recorded material of yours instead of naming bands. Even if your tastes in music didn't already suck, you should know that "listing influences" is an un-winable war. Prospective musicians will (ideally) gauge you by your ability instead of just looking for things to laugh at.

- If you don't have any recorded material or even a Youtube link of your old band playing live well then a hobbyrocker is you, and you need to rexamine what you've been doing for 24 years.

- In the very least post an Amazon link to the Ghostbusters coloring book you read to get all your current GFM musical influences.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 30,2012 9:35am
you'll get shit no matter where you post. you handled it poorly. go listen to the chariot.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 30,2012 9:50am
Has naming influences ever worked out for anyone? I can't recall it ever working out here. In the pre-Youtube/Myspace/Bandcamp days you were pretty much forced to list your influences because MP3.com took too long to load on dialup. It inevitably led to 90 lb kids on Lambgoat threatening to kick your ass from the other side of the country because you didn't like Champion.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 30,2012 9:54am

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at May 30,2012 9:54am
Come to think of it, I don't think it ever has for me. I got started as a sophomore in high school because a random kid in a class said "hey, you own a bass? Come jam with us."

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at May 30,2012 9:55am
Read the rules.

*RTTP Staff*

toggletoggle post by trioxin245nli at May 30,2012 10:11am
I always lol @ 'vocalists' looking for bands. Ad should just read 'person with no musical talent or instrumental ability looking for group of actual musicians to write songs for him to yell into a mic over'

toggletoggle post by trioxin245nli at May 30,2012 10:34am
xmikex said[orig][quote]

- In the very least post an Amazon link to the Ghostbusters coloring book you read to get all your current GFM musical influences.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 30,2012 10:57am
cwyte said[orig][quote]
well ya'll can go fuck yourselves, i really dont care what you think of my musical taste. sorry that i listen to some new age bands why dont you go throw on some slayer or mayhem and jerk of while you choke yourselves.

/thread, complying

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 30,2012 10:58am

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 30,2012 12:26pm
Well put Mike. You care more than I do about walking people through this arduous process. It's true though. Listing influences limits the amount of serious candidates.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 30,2012 1:06pm
Listing influences is how OR found Chernobyl and Sean our bassist. Granted, I'd like to think the influences I listed weren't terrible.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 30,2012 1:08pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]
Listing influences is how OR found Chernobyl and Sean our bassist. Granted, I'd like to think the influences I listed weren't terrible.

Correct, I was actually gonna post this. Our list was a little too long and silly now that I think of it. It was like every band on our iPods, haha.

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 30,2012 1:26pm
I tend to jam with people without ever knowing what they listen to. After, they tell me all the shitty music they like and it works out. Or it doesn't.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 30,2012 1:35pm
Still waiting to hear this dude's music (prediction: there isn't any). I want to know what 101 fans can't possibly be wrong about.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 30,2012 1:37pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Still waiting to hear this dude's music (prediction: there isn't any). I want to know what 101 fans can't possibly be wrong about.

ITT first fret palm muting breakdowns

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 30,2012 1:39pm
chernobyl said[orig][quote]

ITT open E palm muting breakdowns

Fix'd

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 30,2012 1:40pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]

ITT drop D palm muting breakdowns

Fix'd

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 30,2012 1:41pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]

ITT open E palm muting breakdowns

Fix'd

No, that's too 2002. In this day in age they let the open E ring open with one finger on the first fret of the A string.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 30,2012 1:42pm
Oof. That's the beginning of Cirque de Macabre. We were trend whores. =(

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 30,2012 1:44pm edited May 30,2012 1:44pm
Yes but it wasn't palm muted.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 30,2012 1:49pm
You guys, this thread is over. We're all supposed to be autoerotically asphyxiating ourselves, now.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 30,2012 1:51pm
I am...

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 30,2012 2:18pm
Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off!

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at May 30,2012 4:06pm
trioxin245nli said[orig][quote]
I always lol @ 'vocalists' looking for bands. Ad should just read 'person with no musical talent or instrumental ability looking for group of actual musicians to write songs for him to yell into a mic over'

This.

toggletoggle post by STLUCIFUREVA   at May 30,2012 7:06pm
cwyte said[orig][quote]
24 year old vocalist looking for a new project. current band is looking more and more like it's just a hobby for most of the other members. i'm also growing bored with the music. i'm looking for something more in the grind/thrash/brutal/deathcore vein. i have a good range of conventional highs, mids, and lows as well as some out of the ordinary gutturals and growls. my main influences would be Cattle Decapitation, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dissection, Cerebral Bore, Veil of Maya, The Chariot, Fear My Thoughts, The Acacia Strain, Gojira, Cobalt, Hacride, Baroness, Amon Amarth, Obscura, Revocation. email me at cwhite1376@gmail.com

Here is some advice that is universal to any kind of music . try a few sites that have musicians looking for ... and looking for musicians..etc. kind of like classified . here is a good site to try : http://www.musicmates.com/

also try hanging up flyers at a music store like guitar center etc.

no matter what you write on this you'll most likely get ragged on , so don't take any offense to the More-Metal-than-thou attitude your catching.
good luck it is not easy !

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 30,2012 7:35pm
STLUCIFUREVA said[orig][quote]

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

Amateur hour advice for amateur hour folk! I love it!

toggletoggle post by bicycle enthusiast at May 30,2012 7:39pm

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at May 30,2012 11:12pm
cwyte said[orig][quote]
i listen to some new age bands

toggletoggle post by STLUCIFUREVA   at May 31,2012 12:31am
Lamp said[orig][quote]

Lamp : Joined: Jul 1, 2005
STLUCIFUREVA : Joined: Nov 29, 2005

Your 4 months older than me on this site Lamp , does that make me an amateur ?
This is why this kid is wasting his time on this site .

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 31,2012 2:41am
Lamp said[orig][quote]

Lamp : Joined: Jul 1, 2005
STLUCIFUREVA : Joined: Nov 29, 2005

Your 4 months older than me on this site Lamp , does that make me an amateur ?
This is why this kid is wasting his time on this site .

Thunderstool : Joined: Dec 7, 1941

I'm much older than you on this site, I must be pro.

toggletoggle post by swampthing at May 31,2012 6:26am
trioxin245nli said[orig][quote]

fuck you.

yeah you're probably right but fuck you. i feel like i'm doing a little more than that

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Wild Beastial Judgement
[default homepage] [print][8:39:30pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01906 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]