New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> When did RTTP become so "clicky"? by Hoser on May 29,2012 9:15am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:15am
Seriously....there are clicks within clicks within clicks here now. It never used to be like that. It has become all "your music sucks, that music sucks, this music sucks...blah blah blah" Whatever happened to all of the cool posters, like Pam and Rich Horror and Powerkok.....now we get guys with names like "yummy" and all sorts of other hateful little turds with gay screen names. Rev needs to start banning people.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 29,2012 9:16am
"clique"

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:18am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
"clique"

Hmmmm....urban dictionary spelled it the way I wrote it. I don't think that I've ever written it in a sentence before. The way you wrote it makes it look like the name of a hair care product company. "CLIQUE, for FABULOUS hair!" Hahahahaha....

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:19am
By the way....xmikex is an OLD SCHOOL poster. Good on ya, hambone!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:21am edited May 29,2012 9:21am
This is what "yummy", and all of the other "new guys" around here do on the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTD_BDQFltY

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at May 29,2012 9:24am edited May 29,2012 1:36pm
This board and this scene has always been this way.

toggletoggle post by RTTP Clique Analysis at May 29,2012 9:35am
You have:

-212 and the closet racist cokeheads
-Providence hipsters who think they're metal
-Overnight metallers who think they're metalheads
-Slam death people who think they play real death metal
-Black metal elitist basement dwellers
-Rich suburban metalheads who brag about themselves
-Trolls
-Neutral posters who act neutral online then talk shit outside of the internet
-kids born in the 1990s who collect patches because they want to fit in
-Remnants of the metalcore scene who say they like grind now when they've always been metalcore losers

Pick your clique.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:43am
Ghoulash said[orig][quote]
This board and thus scene has always been this way.

No, my friend it has not. I'm not sure how old you are or how long you've been around, but I remember the days of tape trading and I assure you that it has not always been this way. Especially here. This site used to be inhabited by NE bands and fans only, and we were the minority. Now were stocked to the hilt with a basket full of boners who can't remember when MTV played ONLY music videos.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 29,2012 9:47am
RTTP%20Clique%20Analysis said[orig][quote]
You have:

-Trolls
-Remnants of the metalcore scene who say they like grind now when they've always been metalcore losers

Pick your clique.

Well done.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 9:50am
Not picking on you, Ghoulash...but this is an example of how I know this:

You:

Profile Views: 3491

Me:

Profile Views: 40445

In case you needed proof. But, then again you could be an old poster under a new name. How would I ever know? Trust me, dude...it's gotten WAYYYYYY "clicky" 'round these here parts.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at May 29,2012 9:52am
Ghoulash is Sly, who's played in Thrillhouse, Bonestorm, and A Terrible Night For A Curse, dude's been around the block more than once. He also had a different screen name on here from way back, IIRC.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 29,2012 9:55am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
"music sucks"

fix'd

toggletoggle post by Rockumentary at May 29,2012 9:56am
repost

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:00am edited May 29,2012 10:00am
Ya, that's why I mentioned that. If he's old school, the God Bless 'im. But man, this past year has gotten particulary gay....too many shit for brains kiddies joining up.

I'm listening to Dead Embryonic Cells right now, just in case that shows my age. Man, I'm getting old and crabby.

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 29,2012 10:00am
People still post here? I thought we were down to one or two trolls and three or four people who actually post.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:01am
Seems that way....

toggletoggle post by Rockumentary at May 29,2012 10:03am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Man, I'm getting old and crabby.

LOL getting?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:07am
Am. "fix'd"

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 29,2012 10:07am
what about the 1% metalheads?

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 29,2012 10:10am
Also, it's human nature to be cliquey. Worcester peeps see each other all the time, 212 peeps see 212 peeps all the time, they get to know the people they're around best and it's easier for them to engage in conversation. The person posting anonymously here as Thunderstool, has posted here for four or five years so I'm by no means super old school (though I did lurk for quite some time before I joined in the stupidity). The quality of discussion has certainly gone down hill. Maybe the old schoolers are outgrowing message boards, maybe they're dying off, maybe the youngsters are ignorant and annoying and driving away people who have something better to offer. But it's not like this site was ever a bastion of intellectuality and camaraderie. While a more diverse group of posters certainly made for a more interesting way to waste my day, this site has always been 99% dumb. So now that only a handful of douchebags (most of them under 24 and tasteless stupid fucktards) are the only people posting, the only thing that CAN happen is a much longer wait for a post/conversation that is remotely interesting.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:11am
I dunno what that really means. In my day, a 1% 'er belonged to an outlaw MC gang member.

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 29,2012 10:12am
So now I'll just troll because it's easy to pick on these stupid nu metal idiots like Thundersteel

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at May 29,2012 10:13am
I seem to remember this board being super trendy since i joined. (which wasn't TOO long ago, it was Aug '07).. but that could be just that everyone hated me so it felt that way.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:13am
Thunderstool said[orig][quote]
Also, it's human nature to be cliquey. Worcester peeps see each other all the time, 212 peeps see 212 peeps all the time, they get to know the people they're around best and it's easier for them to engage in conversation. The person posting anonymously here as Thunderstool, has posted here for four or five years so I'm by no means super old school (though I did lurk for quite some time before I joined in the stupidity). The quality of discussion has certainly gone down hill. Maybe the old schoolers are outgrowing message boards, maybe they're dying off, maybe the youngsters are ignorant and annoying and driving away people who have something better to offer. But it's not like this site was ever a bastion of intellectuality and camaraderie. While a more diverse group of posters certainly made for a more interesting way to waste my day, this site has always been 99% dumb. So now that only a handful of douchebags (most of them under 24 and tasteless stupid fucktards) are the only people posting, the only thing that CAN happen is a much longer wait for a post/conversation that is remotely interesting.

Hahahahahaha.....I'd like to dredge up some of the really old conversations where evryone called each other names and flamed the piss outta one another, and then saw each other at a show and got wasted together.

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 29,2012 10:15am
As opposed to being all chummy on RTTP and then ignoring each other IRL like it is now?

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at May 29,2012 10:15am
ALSO FACEBOOK of GTFO

toggletoggle post by KALI at May 29,2012 10:15am
I know that guy^

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 29,2012 10:17am
Hoser said[orig][quote]

haha best compliment

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 29,2012 10:24am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]

haha best compliment

Shit, I've been arguing with you about 8 years now....

toggletoggle post by Rockumentary at May 29,2012 10:26am

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool is ORD at May 29,2012 10:26am
Ord faggot.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 29,2012 10:33am
Thunderstool%20is%20ORD said[orig][quote]
Ord faggot.
LOL I'm actually not.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at May 29,2012 10:34am
RTTP%20Clique%20Analysis said[orig][quote]

-Trolls

toggletoggle post by guitar center rocker at May 29,2012 10:35am

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at May 29,2012 10:47am

toggletoggle post by hipsteryummyclickster at May 29,2012 10:50am
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Seriously....there are clicks within clicks within clicks here now. It never used to be like that. It has become all "your music sucks, that music sucks, this music sucks...blah blah blah" Whatever happened to all of the cool posters, like Pam and Rich Horror and Powerkok.....now we get guys with names like "yummy" and all sorts of other hateful little turds with gay screen names. Rev needs to start banning people.

toggletoggle post by Hugo Dong at May 29,2012 10:52am
Lol^

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 29,2012 10:56am

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at May 29,2012 11:12am
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]

QFT.. of the Bovamost extreme...

toggletoggle post by tiny ass kicker at May 29,2012 11:26am

toggletoggle post by tiny ass kicker at May 29,2012 11:30am

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 29,2012 12:07pm
Wow, I missed this here. I'm disappointed in you Hoser. We've come such a long way. I only know a handful of people on this board personally. As a matter of fact I've met you and we've had this conversation before. You just don't like that I mentioned your wife in a sentence.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 29,2012 12:09pm

toggletoggle post by demondave at May 29,2012 12:17pm

Ever since the Rev started using triggers on the posts, the site has been clicky

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 29,2012 12:25pm
I barely ever post here. I find that I have more to say when I'm responding to you Hoser. I remember really liking Darkane alot but wouldn't want my name to be Rusted Angel. I was another name for a few years when I was in TNC...then I stopped. So yummy seemed like the 'no care' name for me on this site. I just found a post of me saying 'good for you' when your child was born. I'm so hateful. We're like the same age and I have a child older than yours so you should see the clique I roll with.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 29,2012 1:05pm
A+ thread

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at May 29,2012 1:15pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Ghoulash is Sly, who's played in Thrillhouse, Bonestorm, and A Terrible Night For A Curse, dude's been around the block more than once. He also had a different screen name on here from way back, IIRC.

thanks rusty, it's true I've had 4 or 5 different names on this board.

again, It's always been this way, there are just more people, bands and
styles. IMO this is exactly they way it should be, metal is way to good to be
just given to the swine of mass media.

toggletoggle post by yummy at May 29,2012 1:40pm
I didn't know that was you Sly. What's up? It's Aaron. Liked playing with Silence Erebus man.
Honestly I wish it were better on this board too. But I never relied on RTTP to be a serious outlet for music discussion. No matter what anyone says people are still going to like what they like and people will either talk raviolis, tits or GTFO, start a blog about it, or what have you. Or your a pussy. Bitching changes nothing. Eventually the Nazis will come back around (if they ever left that is). /r/ threads are what this site is great at.

toggletoggle post by anonymous diablo III barbarian at May 29,2012 1:59pm
Reinstate ARILLIUSBM

toggletoggle post by tiny ass kicker at May 29,2012 2:11pm

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at May 29,2012 2:11pm
since when are we closet racists?

toggletoggle post by tiny ass kicker at May 29,2012 2:12pm
#%^^$@#$@#!@# fuck you GIFS!!! You may have won now, but I'll be back

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 29,2012 2:22pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]

"We must secure the existence of our storage bins and a future for hanger rods"

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 29,2012 2:30pm
Over 50 replies in a fucking Hoser thread. Fuck you people.

toggletoggle post by Rockumentary at May 29,2012 2:33pm

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at May 29,2012 2:42pm
chernobyl said[orig][quote]
what about the 1% metalheads?

Thread ended here, stop posting already.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 29,2012 3:09pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
Over 50 replies in a fucking Hoser thread. Fuck you people.

/has long since ceased to be a Hoser thread

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 29,2012 3:18pm
I hope I'm a Rich Suburban Metal Head who brags about himself. I am pretty much a baller and shot caller.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 29,2012 3:39pm

LOL

toggletoggle post by BSV at May 29,2012 4:45pm
I feel you Jake. Board changed alot round 5 years ago. Could care less, I stick to myself and listen to vinyl.

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at May 29,2012 5:09pm

That's 15 words...

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 30,2012 9:58am edited May 30,2012 9:58am
Big%20bag%20of%20assorted%20nigger%20parts said[orig][quote]

That's 15 words...

The 15th is free when you order now! Act fast, and you'll get our "Sock Segregator" - keeps your whites and darks separate, but equal!

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 30,2012 10:05am
i came, picked my friends, found a bass player, nabbed some shows, made some posts about politics, video games, and absu, and left. you can too!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 30,2012 10:31am
yummy said[orig][quote]
Wow, I missed this here. I'm disappointed in you Hoser. We've come such a long way. I only know a handful of people on this board personally. As a matter of fact I've met you and we've had this conversation before. You just don't like that I mentioned your wife in a sentence.

Great, so you've been trolling me. Now I feel like a dick. Ya fuckin' jerk.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 30,2012 10:33am
I want IP's! I want names!

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at May 30,2012 10:34am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
I want IP's! I want names!

The names change but the IP's stay the same...

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 30,2012 10:45am
FORCED ANONYMOUS NOW

toggletoggle post by Surely Joe at May 30,2012 10:48am
FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON

toggletoggle post by gourmet PBJ at May 30,2012 10:48am
LoOL wHAt

toggletoggle post by Josh Cunt nli at May 30,2012 7:55pm

Thats what i was wondering. The racism is pretty out in the open here. As it should be

toggletoggle post by babyshakernli at May 30,2012 7:59pm
im just glad i was around for the joe christianni thing. i stopped posting here shortly after xmikex menstrual sweatpants disco become the only funny people left on the board

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at May 30,2012 8:31pm
This pizza burnt my tongue so I was all like, "Fuck this pizza" but then we cooled off and I was like, "I hate it when we fight."

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at Jan 10,2013 9:37pm
You don't know me! I am unknowable!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 10,2013 9:42pm
F+ thread... "click"

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 10,2013 9:45pm
Heavy Metals is serious business.

toggletoggle post by 98.6% of humanity is chaff at Jan 11,2013 9:10am
Metal is cliquey now because it got invaded by hipsters.

Why care? Do you like quality music -- then don't allow hipsters in it.

The other stuff is silly. Metal has always flirted with dangerous ideas. Racial differences are one of them. You can be a dick about it, or state the obvious. The fact is that racial tension will always be with us so diversity is a stupid idea, no matter who's involved. But since you can't say the word nigger, or notice that certain groups lag behind in certain ways, or that flatface Asians (as opposed to dot-bearing asians) can't drive, or that irish, Italians, Jews, the French, Pollacks, etc. aren't really white, the trollfest is perpetual. You tell us we can't say it, we will say it.

HANG THE NIGGERS GAS THE JEWS

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Mythical Celtic Panzer
[default homepage] [print][8:50:47pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02798 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]